PDA

View Full Version : Stevia rocks the whey house!

Mr. ?
09-19-2007, 12:21 PM
My wife added protein shakes to her diet. She hates the taste of whey protein but found that she can choke down the ON Whey that I use. It is the "best tasting" one that I have found. Anyway the other day she was making one for herself and decided to get creative. She buys Stevia sweeteners for tea and water cause she doesn't use sugar or artificial sweetners. They come in all flavors. She put a few drops of Chocolate Rasberry Stevia in her shake, mixed it up and I have never seen her have such a positive reaction to drinking a protein shake. She insisted I try it so I did. I must say it was the best protein shake I have ever had. I have been preparing mine like this ever since.

If you need to change it up a bit try it out, it's simple.

1 scoop Chocolate whey
6-8oz of water or milk
5 drops of Chocolate Rasberry Stevia (more or less depending on preference)

Shake it up and drink! :thumbup:

eps
09-19-2007, 06:45 PM
ON has some whey flavors that use stevia already.

theravingphycho
09-20-2007, 01:39 AM
why has she added protein shakes to her diet, does her existing regime not include enough protein already?

Mr. ?
09-20-2007, 09:44 AM
why has she added protein shakes to her diet, does her existing regime not include enough protein already?

That's partially the reason but mostly for variety as well as convenience. She doesn't eat red meats so she gets tired of eating chicken and fish all the time. On top of that with the work that she does she doesn't usually have the benefit of being able to take a break and eat prpared food other than lunch but it is easy to throw down a shake real quick (the Stevia is to prevent her from throwing it back up :drooling: :D)