PDA

View Full Version : Easy High-Protein Snack Suggestions?

foodist
09-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Hey Guys. Im constantly looking for ideas for what to eat between meals. Like the profile says, i eat 6 times a day, 3 big meals and 3 snacks in between. One constant is the whey protein shake. Obviously im "Bulking" but im really trying not to gain fat if i can avoid it.... so taking it nice and slow, and that also means eating clean. So Any clean suggestions for these snacks? Right now i cook lunch and dinner, and just dont feel like cooking inbetween, so ive generally eating one or two of these for mini-meals:

-bananas,
-nuts
-cottage cheese and fruit (recent suggestion by a friend)
-cliff bars
-yogurt.
-peanut butter sandwiches sometimes

But gets repetitive after the while, so any suggestions to add to the list? Thanks guys!

cphafner
09-19-2007, 08:19 PM
get rid of the 3 big meals and eat 6 smaller meals

theravingphycho
09-20-2007, 01:38 AM
why not cook everything the night before and make up your meals in the morning by using staples

Cooked chicken
Avocado
salad
wholemeal tortillas
Salsa
kraft Free cheese

Viola meals in minutes

All it takes is application. Have protein with every meal and i mean a good solid source. Boiled eggs are a easy staple item too

You will avoid getting fat if you keep yoru caloe excess sensible. If you gain more than 1lb a week then scale back your portion sizes a little until it levels off

Me personally i just cook up loads on sunday and use it for most of the week. A personal favorite of mine is homemade chilli and brown rice. Easily stored in containers and not bad cold either, but then again i have weird tastes

Protein bars and shakes in the recipe section too

raymound
10-01-2007, 04:13 PM
i prefer whey shakes they help me get my required protein

Twan
10-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Melt some cheese onto tuna.