PDA

View Full Version : squat(not so pathetic) atf I think

curaja_kupo
09-20-2007, 05:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PQ-ZZ-FeBY

squat revised. I think something is wrong with the video when I put it on you tube. It seems to stop on my computer. Anyway, if it does work you can see my depth this time. I got a good person to take the video.

before the video

8 reps with just the bar
12 reps with just the bar both were too easy
and then the video

The point of me going lower was so that I could go atf

Here are my opinions

-the hips touch the calfs which in sensies video defines a true full squat

- my back is straight

-my head is up

I'm considering starting journal

and is 5 pounds on each side a week too much to move up? Is it doable?

curaja_kupo
09-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Is there some reason why people are ignoring this thread??

ernburn
09-20-2007, 07:56 PM
They looked alright 5lbs a week maybe much though when your new all your lifts will go up fast then eventually slow down so yes its doable but probably only for a month or so then your going to go up slower and slower

Bohizzle
09-20-2007, 08:32 PM
1. don't look to the side while ur squatting.
2. next time u get video, get ur feet in the video. It will be easier to determine if ur heels are raising, if ur driving through ur heels, etc. but from what it looks like, ur squatting is MUCH improved from ur last video.

Andrew

KingWilder
09-20-2007, 09:04 PM
it looks like your back is slightly rounding at the bottom, but it is rather hard to be 100% sure because the video doesn't go down that far

curaja_kupo
09-20-2007, 10:14 PM
thanks guys, I am going to start a journal on here to record food and wieght. I want to include weekly videos of squats,bench and deads.

I know how to dead ,but I need shin guards

I do the following right now:

bench bb,squat bb, 2 bench machines, inner back pull down,outer back pull down, back pull ups with db, curls,tricep pull down, rope tricep pull down,seated calf raisers, leg curls and sit ups

Here is what I want to do

-GET ORGANIZED by making a journal

- add front squats

- add deline bb bench

- add over head press

ass for routine I'm going to have to do some research

OcSurfDude
09-20-2007, 10:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PQ-ZZ-FeBY

squat revised. I think something is wrong with the video when I put it on you tube. It seems to stop on my computer. Anyway, if it does work you can see my depth this time. I got a good person to take the video.

before the video

8 reps with just the bar
12 reps with just the bar both were too easy
and then the video

The point of me going lower was so that I could go atf

Here are my opinions

-the hips touch the calfs which in sensies video defines a true full squat

- my back is straight

-my head is up

I'm considering starting journal

and is 5 pounds on each side a week too much to move up? Is it doable?

correct me if im wrong im not the squat pro but its a general rule that u arent supposed to let ur joints lock during weights .. it looks like ur knees lock wen u stand up

deeder
09-20-2007, 11:51 PM
You sloooooowwwwww right down at the bottom.. Any reason?

curaja_kupo
09-21-2007, 09:05 AM
-I don't lock my joints.At first ,I agreed with you. However, look closley. My legs are not like this :I I. There is a slight curve in them

- as for slowing right at the bottom. I dunno. I guess I'm trying to make sure that I do an exact full squat. It's not bad to do taht right?

RBB
09-21-2007, 09:22 AM
much improved, but a little off. your bar placement is too high. get it lower and drive those elbows forward so you can really push that chest out.

Sensei
09-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Looks pretty good. You're losing some arch at the bottom - work on it. You're looking at the mirror - DON'T!

There's nothing wrong with locking the legs at the top. That's DOES NOT mean hyperextending the joint(s) - there is a difference.

curaja_kupo
09-21-2007, 10:59 AM
It's an honor to have you look at my video Sensie,lol. thanks man

by arch do you mean my back is rounding? You have streches in I belive squat rx 1 or 2(used to prevent the rounding of the back)

ya nvm I see what you mean

the lower back rounds a little at the bottom

Lumiel
09-21-2007, 03:15 PM
MUCH better than your last video. I started doing ATG (ATF - same thing) squats about three weeks ago and they are such technical lifts, it takes a while to get every little thing right. You're on a good start though. Just remember "t!ts and a$$" - proud chest and stick out your butt then sit back into it and you'll be good. :-)

Max Thunder
09-21-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm surprised people are saying his squat is good. It seems to me he's not squatting back at all. He's squatting right down with his knees shooting very far forward. Basically, he's a "quadriceps squatter"...

Compare the angle of his shins to the one of sensei himself on his video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imAHUyyy1aY
Or perhaps does he prefer that video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i73XAGMqkYs
We see what I mean very well on the first rep.

Lumiel
09-21-2007, 04:45 PM
We can't really see how far forward his knees are... as long as you don't go past the tip of your toes you're fine.

Sensei
09-21-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm surprised people are saying his squat is good. It seems to me he's not squatting back at all. He's squatting right down with his knees shooting very far forward. Basically, he's a "quadriceps squatter"...

Compare the angle of his shins to the one of sensei himself on his video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imAHUyyy1aY
Or perhaps does he prefer that video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i73XAGMqkYs
We see what I mean very well on the first rep.
I can't see the bar placement of the OP very well, but if he's doing a high-bar, atf squat, the hips can't travel as far back and he'll have to stay more upright (than if he had a low bar placement) - if he does shift the hips too far back, he will really be, quite literally "ass-to-floor" (or maybe nose-to-floor if things go very wrong)... It's all about keeping the bar over the middle of foot (Mark Rippetoe).

curaja_kupo
09-21-2007, 11:17 PM
I know this post is going on forever, but one final note about squat rx

sensi says the bar is in the high position when you find that kinda sweet spot above your traps. The bar is placed high according to his video.

I will be posting weekly squat,dead, and bench videos in a journal that will be starting next week. I am still planning a workout routine. Today I ate a total of 2,688 calories,111 grams carbs, and 107 grams of protien. I used fitday for this. I'll post my routine in another section