PDA

View Full Version : 6'0 203 Want to get bigger...

The Bran Man
09-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Ok I'm 6'0 203 pretty good shape. My Max bench is around 270 and i havent been doing deadlifts or squats. I plan on starting both. I have a decent workout, but i want to get bigger. I just started using online Fitday to track my intake. My Sups are, ON Whey, AST hSc Creatine. I know i should take around 205 grams of protein a day but should i do more? How many calories should I intake and I have no idea how many carbs to take in. I work out about 6 times a week. Main goal is to gain mass and strength.

KoolDrew
09-20-2007, 07:21 PM
1) Stop working out six times a week.

2) Aim for 1g of protein per pound of LBM, and 0.5g of fat. Fill the rest with whatever you want. The rest could be all carbs or a little bit of carbs and more protein, or whatever you feel comfortable with. Just make sure you're getting enough fat and protein.

3) How many calories you need to take in completely depends. Either track your calories on fitday for a week or two to find your maintenance (if you didn't gain or lose weight during that time, use it as your maintenance.). Alternatively, just multiply your body weight by 15 and use that as your maintenance. It may be close, it may be a bit off, but it should at least give a decent starting point. Then just add 10-20% to bulk. Monitor progress and adjust as needed.

VikingWarlord
09-20-2007, 07:35 PM
1) Stop working out six times a week.

If you don't squat or deadlift but work out 6 days a week, what the hell are you actually doing?

LouPac
09-20-2007, 07:38 PM
If you don't squat or deadlift but work out 6 days a week, what the hell are you actually doing?

Chest, back, and arms twice a week?:cry:

The Bran Man
09-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Chest, back, and arms twice a week?:cry:

Chest Back Arms then day off then repeat, i thought each body part needed 48 hours of rest, I'm giving them 72.... This is wrong? Also can someone give me a good mass workout.

I've been doing

Day 1 Chest & Tris
Day 2 Back & Bi's
Day 3 Shoulders & Legs
Day 4 Rest
Repeat

Should i be doing only 4-6 reps ? I have no idea

And if i weigh 200 pounds i need to intake 100 grams of good fat?

RhodeHouse
09-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Eat everything you can get your hands on. Stay away from fast food if possible. I don't believe in counting anything except protein. JMO. GEt somewhere between 200-300g per day.

Squat
Deadlift
Bench
Militay Press
Pull-ups
Bent Rows

All that gay arm stuff is just that, gay. Focus on those 6 movements. Add in whatever else you need, but hose should be a staple of your workout.

The Bran Man
09-21-2007, 04:10 AM
This is what i ate today, how bad is that. I'm trying to gain weight but not get fat...

Fit Day Sep 20th (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp)

LouPac
09-21-2007, 04:14 AM
This is what i ate today, how bad is that. I'm trying to gain weight but not get fat...

Fit Day Sep 20th (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp)

Wait, are you trying to gain weight or look like you just got out of a concentration camp?

The Bran Man
09-21-2007, 05:05 AM
Wait, are you trying to gain weight or look like you just got out of a concentration camp?

I dont understand, I know i need to eat more protein shakes and more meat today was just a bad day.. I still dont really know what you mean?

LouPac
09-21-2007, 05:16 AM
Can you actually post what you ate? The link is not working.