PDA

View Full Version : 9 hours till i can have some water.

smokinHawk
09-21-2007, 08:49 AM
Hope i can make it :help:
thought id share my weigh in strategy for you guys for my competition saturday and weigh in tonight 7:30 for my NASA power lifting meet.
I have been keeping my weight at 170-171 during the day for the past week, mornings its been around 168ish.
I calibrated my scale with 2 york 45lb plates (they are ground so im pretty sure of the accuracy)
I am really tracking my body weight for the first time for weigh in to see how it reacts on how much weight i can expect to loose and put back on for weigh ins.
I have been trying to read weigh in articles like the one built wrote for bearwolf and one recently on powerwatch.com

I have started out last monday drinking allot more water. my normal consumption of water is generally about .4-.5 gallons of water a day (+ my milk intake, but will just focus on water here)
I upped it to a gallon or just a bit over (was hard for me as i was peeing every .5-1 hours)
I also had been eating more salty foods and trying for more carbs (my salt intake is pretty low normally). Thursday I cut salt out, and cut my water about 7 or 8 pm last night (thursday). for food on thursday I had my usual cereal and protein shake for breakfast, then 20 chicken nuggets for lunch (ya not that great), then some chicken breast and peas for supper.
For breakfast this morning i had a small piece of chicken breast and a little bit of peas (left overs), and for lunch again ill have chicken breast and peas. Hopefully this will keep my energy level up some what with out putting much weight on, i weighed the food i will be eating and it is under a pound.
I have sipped and spit out some water in attempt of keep my month from being dry.
When i weighed myself this morning I weighed in at 165 both before and after my breakfast. I still will take my afternoon dump and have been peeing every 3-4 hours.
I am pretty sure i will make it under 165 but am curious to see how much.
I will probably have a very small amount of water with my lunch so dehydration levels wont go to far for no reason, but i want to see how many pounds i can drop so next time i might be able to start out at a higher weight.

cant weight for supper tonight i get to pig out as I'm hungy (in a homer voice)

Bob
09-21-2007, 09:14 AM
GL Hawk...

Yep, I obviously highly recommend what built wrote for me... I even tried it since, about a month ago to see what I could do using it for 3 days instead of 2... I was able to get rid of about 13 lbs of water (241 to 228) weighing in at 6 PM and then ate like a pig for a late dinner and a huge breakfast, lots of water, lots of milk... and by 10 AM the next morning, I weighed 240...

I was experimenting to see what I need to be so that I can compete in the 220s sometime in dec. or Jan... lol.. looks like I can be 232-233 on a daily basis and I should be ok..

of course you are a lot leaner then me... haha.. but I bet you can easily make 165... if you drank enough water.

GL and have fun...
Looking at the NASA records, you got a pretty good shot at a record..

smokinHawk
09-21-2007, 09:28 AM
thanks bearwolf.
ya as long as i get my opener (330) on the bench for unequipped powerlifting I should get that record, was going to open up a little higher, but unfortunately hurt my shoulder about a week and a half ago, playing basketball, so i haven't got my training in like i wanted to and my bench probably fell off a bit, i did some last minute rehab work on it and practiced what was going tom be my opener (335) and it went slower then i wanted, so ill just do the 330 and hopefully make it up to 350 as its feeling better but not 100%. Feeling good about my squat and deadlift, but i havent been working on them enough years to be to competitive with them.

i am curious to the amount of water held in fat versus muscle meaning if you can lose more water for fat or muscle, as I haven't found anything talking about fat and loss of water from it, all i have found talks about the loss of water in the muscle.
i would like to be able to lose about 10 lbs of water weight which would be approximately 1.197 gallons of water (1 gal of water = 8.35lbs)

redFury
09-21-2007, 11:27 AM
It should work fine... I followed it and dropped the weight I need to several months ago.

1mmort4l
09-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Best of luck Hawk!
As long as you still feel alright with energy at the meet, you should be sweet.
You going to get vids again?

Built
09-21-2007, 11:06 PM
Ooooh, <rubs hands together in delight> this is cool, another guinea pig!

<reads what smokinHawk is doing... >

Hmmm... not sure about this. You didn't do the depletion workout, you only drank a gallon of water... you ate cereal on Thursday...

???

That's not what I wrote.

smokinHawk
09-23-2007, 08:28 PM
ya it was hard to figure out all what i needed to consume, though i tried the best as i understood it, began consuming extra water, and more salt in the early part of the week, then cut it about wednesday, tried to stay away from carbs thrusday, though i had some early in the morning then cut water at thrusday night to dry out.

what ever i did worked well, at weigh in which was about 7:45, so about 24 hours after i stopped taking liquids i weighed 160.5lbs, this is a good 10lbs loss in 24 hours as i weighed 171 then.

after weigh-in i worked on getting my liquid and weight back, first i consumed water, i didnt bring a jug, but sucked on a facet for a while so i dont know exactly how much water i consumed, then hit up a gas station and got a big thing of power-aid, drank that and had a chocolate cookie and some recees brownie that caught my eye. then i found a fazolis and ordered a ultimate sampler plus an extra piece of pizza drank allot of water, tried to eat the whole thing but couldnt as that power-aid filled be up, so when i got home, got a shower, and then finished my meal, was stuffed. weighed my self that night and was back to 171. woke up once and got more water. morning had some cereal then stopped at mcdonals and got a sausage muffin, and a couple of hash browns. so my weight was at 171 or more.

did ok at the meet got a PR in deadlift and squat, and didnt feel bad, 'cept for a slight upset stomach that didnt last to long before hand. bench didnt go as well as i wanted to, got my 330 opener pretty easy felt good like i had 350 in me, but when i tried 340ish my shoulder couldnt do it, failed on both attempts that were close, but it couldnt get the weight up.

redFury
09-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Awesome work man! Glad you could drop that weight in time for your meet

Built
09-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey, awesome - even only following it half-arsed, it worked!

Sorry about the bench, but nice work on your dead and squat!

RhodeHouse
09-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Awesome job, dude. Enjoy it for a few weeks and then back at it for next time.

smokinHawk
09-25-2007, 06:39 AM
will do, got to rest the shoulder for a week or two (hopefully it will heal fast) then i need to get that 405 strict on bench along with finishing my other goals for squat and deads.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
09-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Congratulations:clap:

J.T. HALL
http://www.myspace.com/bigwillie12345

Fuzzy
09-29-2007, 02:05 AM
Oh god... Im dreading the days when i will have to cut weight.

Coach say Ill be between 231 and 242 most of the time till I have to get back under 230 for the 105kg class.

Whats the best way to minimise strength loss, wont the lack of water give youa headache?

smokinHawk
10-01-2007, 06:29 AM
fron what i understand, loosing the weight (water) as quick as you can, then put it back on as fast as you can will minimize strength loss.
I had no headaches, i did have an upset stomach for a short period of time, but it just might have been fazolis as i just had it again last night and had an upset stomach for a short time.
i didnt feel any strength loss on my meet day.