PDA

View Full Version : Help me get big!

Jeremy_Andy
09-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Ok im 140lbs and I play football at safety and want to gain 30 lbs by next year to play def end. I cant seem to gain weight real easy if yall have any good ideas an what to eat to gain alot of weight plz let me know.

TJ2389
09-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Protein and big lifting...

theravingphycho
09-22-2007, 12:39 AM
current eating and training regime please :)

getb1g
09-22-2007, 07:03 AM
You need atleast

-150g Protein
-200-250g carbs
-75-100g healthy fats
-2500-3000 calories

Daily.

VikingWarlord
09-22-2007, 07:19 AM
current eating and training regime please :)

Yes.

Jeremy_Andy
09-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Im currently getting about 2000 cals a day and workout 3 times a week for football.

theravingphycho
09-22-2007, 08:59 AM
2000 cals of what though?

I dont work on numbers im afraid :)

Whats your training regime like. i.e. 3 day split with following exercises with reps and sets

Give me a example of what you eat day to day

Jeremy_Andy
09-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Ok srry im new here. Im 5 10" 140 lbs on a normal day starting in morning, breakfast is hard for me because I cant seem to eat alot in morning. Normaly i eat 2 bowls of cereal or a peanut butter and banana sandwich. At lunch 2 turkey sandwhichs, fruit either pears or peaches, pb crackers, and bag of chips. After football when I come home ill make a milkshake with pb and whey protien then ill eat a dinner what ever my moms fix. Ill wait usualy an hour and eat a pb banana sandwich. Most of my meals i drink milk or water.

I workout tuesday bench, squat, power clean, and over heads. Thursday bench, squat, and db curls. Saturday ill usually work on arms (my own workout) pushups, db curls, and over head. My sets are according to a weight program of 7 weeks.
REPS
week 1 10 10 10 10 10
week 2 10 8 8 8 8 8
week 3 10 8 6 6 6 6
week 4 10 8 6 4 4 4
week 5 10 8 6 4 2 2
week 6 10 8 6 4 2 1
week 7 10 5 3 1 1 1

theravingphycho
09-22-2007, 10:08 AM
i dont see much back work in there

If you cant eat much at breakfast try liquid calories. Blend up oats (uncooked dont worry they aint raw) milk and a dash of walnut oil

In order to grow you need to eat. If appetite is a problem them look at calorie dense foods. Bread is a good one for calorie dense carbs

Your workout routine i think could use a rework, i would look into either a full body routine for two days a week or a 3 day split

You need to eat clean food, potato chips arent the best really. Lean protein with every meal as well, try and eat every 3 hours or so but small portions that are calorie dense

Gradually increase your caloric intake dont go straight into it, it does take a little getting used to :)

I would drop the whey from your diet and use it only after weights otherwise use real food. Make up your milkshake with natural plain yogurt instead and some milk to thin it out

Jeremy_Andy
09-22-2007, 10:34 AM
ok could u help me with the foods i need to eat instead of chips and all. Also tell me some better workouts for back as well. I appreciate your help!

theravingphycho
09-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Exercises for back work

Deadlifts
Rows (bent over Barbell are killer!) Seated, Tbar, Low as well
Lat pulldowns
Front raises
Wide grip chin ups (use assistance if needed)

As for foods just eat clean. Make meals in advance and take them with you in tupperware boxes

If you want chips then try toasting some parsnips in the oven theyre almost the same (toss them in olive oil first)

Good clean sources of carbs:

Wholegrain Pasta, Rice, Bread, Pittas, Wraps of all sorts (flatouts are useless for carbs), Sweet potatoes, Baby new potatoes, Oats, Semolina, Cous Cous, Millet, Quiona, Pulses (i.e. beans)

(lookout for whole grain sources if you can)

Proteins: Oily fish, Shellfish like crab, shrimp etc, steak (leaner cuts), turkey, chicken, eggs, cottage cheese, natural yogurt, TVP (soya mince), lentils

Fat sources: Oily fish, Flax products (cold pressed, not for cooking), Olive Oil, Walnut Oil (do not cook with this), EFA fish oil caps, Nuts & Seeds, Nut butters, avocado, egg yolks, dessicated natural coconut, dark chocolate (i mean 70% plus cocoa)

Fibrous Veggies: Everything apart from carrots and sweetcorn is pretty much fibrous. Get at least 6-7 portions in your diet ( a portion is roughly 3oz)

Have you put on any weight since you started on your current regime?

Jeremy_Andy
09-22-2007, 11:05 AM
Well i started trying to gain weight really hard monday sept 10 by eating more i had counted my calories and then added a sandwich to my lunch and started eating 2 pb banana sandwiches at night. Also i had added db curls to my workouts. I had weight 136 and today I weigh 141. Id like to try and gian 4 lbs a week if possible without over doing it alot.

theravingphycho
09-22-2007, 11:14 AM
4lbs a week will not be maintainable unless you wanna end up a fat little so and so

These are most likely newbie gains, my advice, rip the backside out of it. Monitor your progress, do not exceed 2lb a week if you do it will be unecessary fat you are putting on

Youre not even 2 weeks into your regime, most likely that weight will be from water and other things associated with starting a new regime

Also weight yourself once a week first thing in the morning, bodyweight fluctuates like mad throughout the day

VikingWarlord
09-22-2007, 11:34 AM
1. I'm not sure this really belongs in the Recipes section.
2. Go here (http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=99119)

RhodeHouse
09-22-2007, 05:52 PM
High school football, I assume? Eat, eat, eat. Bring snacks to school and eat something in between every class. Do you play winter/spring sports? If you do, don't worry about getting fat. Your sport will keep you conditioned. Don't ever get hungry.

Key points - EAT

Jeremy_Andy
09-22-2007, 10:17 PM
yes high school and I will play a spring sport