PDA

View Full Version : Easy way to figure maintenance cals

Marnie
09-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Basically, a tracking week would be highly inaccurate as I don't get the same food everyday. Is there any calculation I can do to figure out my maintenance calories?

BBB
09-22-2007, 04:36 PM
How would the accuracy be affected by eating different things everyday? http://www3.b92.net/ipb_images/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif

I eat different things everyday and it works just fine for me.

Marnie
09-22-2007, 04:38 PM
How would the accuracy be affected by eating different things everyday? http://www3.b92.net/ipb_images/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif

I eat different things everyday and it works just fine for me.

Because my cals wouldn't be the same everyday.

Unreal
09-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Well then make them the same every day for a week. Simple as that.

KingWilder
09-22-2007, 05:27 PM
it doesn't matter if they're the same everyday

track everything on fitday and at the end of the week long period just click on "see where calories came from" or whatever for the past week

it'll average them for you

use that average with how your weight fluctuated (same, up, or down) and go from there

BBB
09-22-2007, 07:01 PM
it doesn't matter if they're the same everyday

track everything on fitday and at the end of the week long period just click on "see where calories came from" or whatever for the past week

it'll average them for you

use that average with how your weight fluctuated (same, up, or down) and go from there

Thank you. If you are "tracking", you can eat different things every day and still figure out maintenance calories....that's WHY you're tracking.

malkore
09-24-2007, 10:53 AM
everyday fluctuations don't matter that much. take weekly calories, divide by 7 to get a daily average.

you can use online calculators to get a rough estimate of what you should start at, but tracking a couple weeks of eating habits, where there is no change in weight...that's the better approach.