PDA

View Full Version : Eating Chips

The Bran Man
09-26-2007, 01:02 AM
I was wondering if i have no had enough caliories for that day can i eat a bad of chips? Ruffels Chedder lol 16 grams of fat, they say it is good fat though? How do i know if something has good fat!:micro:

theravingphycho
09-26-2007, 01:48 AM
Good fats, no such thing with a bag of chips

Theyre damaged fats, plus not the cleanest food choice out there

Why arent you getting in enough cals?

The Bran Man
09-26-2007, 03:05 AM
what is a good source of cal? Nitrean? what can i use as a meal replacement because alot of the time i'm on the go...

Unreal
09-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Home made protein bars, nuts, jerky, nitrean, protein supplement, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, and the list goes on and on.

dscarth
09-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Opticen is more their MRP, Nitrean is their protein supplement. If you are looking for extra cals, I'd probably either do Opticen, or that weight gainer they sell.

As for chips, they got "healthier" when they switched to just potatoes/sunflower oil/salt (from 3g to 1g saturated fat per serving, a huge decrease when you consider its from a junk food company), but its still a greasy fried carbohydrate.

Notorious
09-26-2007, 04:49 PM
Are Baked Lays ok? (2-3 grams fat total)

RhodeHouse
09-26-2007, 05:44 PM
Potato chips are NOT good for you - EVER! They are a bad food. But, they taste so good.

WORLD
09-27-2007, 05:32 PM
A bag of nuts contains a lot of good fats. Eat that instead.

sharkall2003
09-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Potato chips are NOT good for you - EVER! They are a bad food. But, they taste so good.

This is almost ironic. This is also coming from the man that advocates eating McDonalds if you're trying to gain weight.

Moral: Don't eat chips.

DoUgL@S
09-27-2007, 07:31 PM
This is almost ironic. This is also coming from the man that advocates eating McDonalds if you're trying to gain weight.

Fries > chips. ;)

If you are eating chips to make up calories, think natural peanut butter, nuts, whole milk, olive oil, etc. as a replacement. Calorie dense foods that contain neutral or beneficial fats, are a much better choice for long term health.

RhodeHouse
09-27-2007, 08:40 PM

Nothing ironic about it at all. McDonald's would be a better choice than potato chips.

Tonight is pizza night. Greek pizza at that. Can't wait to hear your response about that.

SpartanStrength
09-27-2007, 08:55 PM
just dont do it, pop open a can of tuna, throw some franks hot sauce on that bad boy, and watch ur strength sky rocket baby! hahaha

smalls
09-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Chips are probably my number 1 "cheat food". And I eat baked chips every day.