PDA

View Full Version : more squat videos

curaja_kupo
09-26-2007, 09:00 AM
The only thing that was wrong with my last videos was that my back rounded a bit. I tried to correct that. There is more wieght too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lxmSkTJp_I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ut0P6e81Qc

i still say mu back rounds.....

Bohizzle
09-26-2007, 10:19 AM
looks good, DON'T LOOK TO THE SIDE!

curaja_kupo
09-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Lol, looking to the side is pretty dumb. It's not something that takes TIME not to learn or anything either. So why do I look to the side?? To make sure my form is good....

Of course, that would defeat the purpose of these videos...

If you look in my journal I had to take a while to make these videos

I'll stop looking to the side..

redFury
09-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Looks like you have some flexibility issues... which is why your back rounds at the bottom. Also... you seem to slow at the bottom, and then again halfway up the ascent? Should be one smooth motion.

chris mason
09-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Form looks good to me.

Chris

Lumiel
09-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Form looks good to me, just be careful that your knees don't go past the ends of your toes when you're trying to get out of the hole. Stop looking sideways.

RedSpikeyThing
09-27-2007, 07:08 PM
^^ That's a myth. Look at olympic lifters :) As long as the knee is in line with the toe it is ok.

Lumiel
09-28-2007, 09:50 AM
^^ That's not a myth. The reason most Oly lifters have their knee go slightly past their toes are twofold. 1) They are FRONT squatting the weight which requires a more forward positioning of the body which therefore requires that the knee go JUST slightly past the toe and 2) They also bounce out of the bottom of their squats which...

... most people in the gym just don't do. So the general rule I described is still correct. New squatters tend to lean too far forward when in the hole of their squat to compensate for lack of flexibility and that guideline is there to encourage them to sit back into the squat to improve flexibility and better form.

So there.

smalls
09-28-2007, 09:14 PM
^^ That's not a myth. The reason most Oly lifters have their knee go slightly past their toes are twofold. 1) They are FRONT squatting the weight which requires a more forward positioning of the body which therefore requires that the knee go JUST slightly past the toe and 2) They also bounce out of the bottom of their squats which...

... most people in the gym just don't do. So the general rule I described is still correct. New squatters tend to lean too far forward when in the hole of their squat to compensate for lack of flexibility and that guideline is there to encourage them to sit back into the squat to improve flexibility and better form.

So there.

Explain why. Please use correct biomechanics when you do. Thanks.

I'll agree that people who dont know how to squat and have flexibility issues as you stated use incorrect form overall, and part of that (for them) is leaning over the toes. But you just stated two reasons why your non-myth is ok is certain circumstances. Which means it's still not something you tell to anything regardless of their goals, squat style, etc. How far over the toes is bad? How bad? What is going to be the end result?