PDA

View Full Version : Am I Expecting too Much?

BoDyBuIlD
09-27-2007, 12:58 AM
first of all, right now i feel depressed, so if you feel like giving me grief, dont bother, i feel bad enough as it is. OK, here goes:
I am 6' tall and around two weeks ago i weighed around 198lb.

i was consuming approx 263g protein from good quality sources eg: lean meats, tuna, fish, chicken

i was consuming approx 433g protein from good quality sources eg: oats, wholegrain brown rice etc

not too sure about the fats.

yes i have put on size but am looking to define myself somewhat, get a nice shade of 6 pack and tone up nicely. I really want to look good for my wife as i am now 34.
I stuffed up last time by following the BODY FOR LIFE 12 wk challenge and it stripped off the fat and took most of my gains with it.
I had to bulk again.
Then i attempted to cut again, this time carb cycling, and just following the lifting guidelines as per body for life program, again, i shrunk coz i wasnt lifting heavy all the time and my cardio was too intense.
I bulked again.
Now I have been advised by a bodybuilder, who is in awesome condition to do this: get my carbs in at breakfast (60g, good quality) and up my protein, which is now about 360g a day and do 20 mins moderate cardio every night. Also keep lifting nice and heavy. He tells me this is what he does.

I have been doing this now for 2 weeks, have had little strength drops and i feel generally good. i havent looked in a mirror for a good week and today i did and i dont feel like i have changed physically at all. My question is: am i expecting too much from myself in such a short time. Next week he wants me to carb up for a week and then go back to this again. I dont mind, so long as i get results.
PLEASE help me!!!! :bang:

Chubrock
09-27-2007, 06:45 AM
Yes, you're expecting too much of yourself in a short period.

sharkall2003
09-27-2007, 06:48 AM
It takes months to make a good transformation, not a week or two.

artisan
09-27-2007, 10:07 AM
bodybuilding is a lifestyle. plan on doing it over an extended period of time to see solid gains in general..

Cirino83
09-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Yes a few weeks is way too short to see any noticeable changes, hell a few months is even too short. I have just recently realized that I have put on some good size when I compare to my high school pics. Keep at it man and before you know it you'll be looking back on a few months ago and see the difference. To get a really, big/ripped body well that's a different story.

theravingphycho
09-28-2007, 10:09 AM
As above, the guys and gals make good points

Bodybuilding is a marathon not a sprint my friend, just keep focused on the finish line and when you do cross it victory will be sweet indeed :)

pwrliftersgirl
09-28-2007, 06:17 PM
first of all, right now i feel depressed, so if you feel like giving me grief, dont bother, i feel bad enough as it is. OK, here goes:
I am 6' tall and around two weeks ago i weighed around 198lb.

i was consuming approx 263g protein from good quality sources eg: lean meats, tuna, fish, chicken

i was consuming approx 433g protein from good quality sources eg: oats, wholegrain brown rice etc

not too sure about the fats.

yes i have put on size but am looking to define myself somewhat, get a nice shade of 6 pack and tone up nicely. I really want to look good for my wife as i am now 34.
I stuffed up last time by following the BODY FOR LIFE 12 wk challenge and it stripped off the fat and took most of my gains with it.
I had to bulk again.
Then i attempted to cut again, this time carb cycling, and just following the lifting guidelines as per body for life program, again, i shrunk coz i wasnt lifting heavy all the time and my cardio was too intense.
I bulked again.
Now I have been advised by a bodybuilder, who is in awesome condition to do this: get my carbs in at breakfast (60g, good quality) and up my protein, which is now about 360g a day and do 20 mins moderate cardio every night. Also keep lifting nice and heavy. He tells me this is what he does.

I have been doing this now for 2 weeks, have had little strength drops and i feel generally good. i havent looked in a mirror for a good week and today i did and i dont feel like i have changed physically at all. My question is: am i expecting too much from myself in such a short time. Next week he wants me to carb up for a week and then go back to this again. I dont mind, so long as i get results.
PLEASE help me!!!! :bang:

Yep, expecting to much in a short period. You wanna bulk?? EAT & get rid of the cardio. You wanna rip?..... cut out the carbs....they turn to sugar & do cardio. Period. Your choice.

Quit obsessing about food. Geez! It's there, watch what you eat, lift and enjoy life. There ya go. :whip:

brihead301
09-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Stick to one bulking for a long time, then only cut for a short period of time. Example - clean bulk for 8 months, then cut for 1 month max. Your focus should be mostly on bulking to gain a ton of muscle. Unless you're seriously overweight, then that's another story. In that case you would want to cut for a while, until you start to look like your in reasonable shape, then start slowly building muscle.

The main this is that it takes time, a long time. The changes are slow, but they are happening. Stick with it, and in a year from now you will be pleasantly suprised.