PDA

View Full Version : I have 3 weeks to lose...

love2sweat
09-27-2007, 01:59 PM
10 lbs before this competition that I have.. any ways I can sweat off the lbs faster than working out 3x a week for 2 hrs each time??

sharkall2003
09-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Quickly read Builts advice on cutting water weight. Also, you could sweat it out. I've heard of numerous reports of neoprene (I think that's hwat it is) being wrapped around you and wearing like 12 shirts and pants and all that the night before, not drinking any water, exercising until you're nearly dehydrated and you can cut the weight. That's what a lot of wrestlers were doing.

cphafner
09-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Quickly read Builts advice on cutting water weight. Also, you could sweat it out. I've heard of numerous reports of neoprene (I think that's hwat it is) being wrapped around you and wearing like 12 shirts and pants and all that the night before, not drinking any water, exercising until you're nearly dehydrated and you can cut the weight. That's what a lot of wrestlers were doing.

That all can also be very dangerous. The Neoprene will only work temporarily and just force the water into another part of the body.

What kind of contest is this for? To properly cut water you have to be very lean. 10lbs in 3 weeks is very doable.

sharkall2003
09-27-2007, 06:34 PM
That all can also be very dangerous. The Neoprene will only work temporarily and just force the water into another part of the body.

What kind of contest is this for? To properly cut water you have to be very lean. 10lbs in 3 weeks is very doable.

I"m in no way promoting that it's healthy. It's just one approach. In fact, I'd say severely limit calorie intake for two weeks (maybe PSFM) with some cardio and then a water retention approach that Built has published.

DoUgL@S
09-27-2007, 06:56 PM
I can loose 5-10 lbs by going to sleep and waking up the next day, so being very lean is not required to cut water. When I carb cycled there was a 10 lb difference between my depleted and carb'd up state whether I was 15% or 10% bf.

So I would say it is very doable unless you are very, very light.

smokinHawk
09-28-2007, 08:35 AM
yes what type of contest are you entering? powerlifting or bodybuiding?
if powerlifting check out my thread of 9 hours till i can have some water
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=102382

it shows how i dropped 10lbs of water weight in 24 hours, then put it back on in 12 hours for my competition.