PDA

View Full Version : first serious diet, help

Nivs
03-08-2002, 12:25 AM
Hey people,

First of all, great site! I've learned alot more here in the last week or two then ever before.

Some stats I guess:
5'6" about 145-150 lbs
25 yrs and always been active, ie sports, football, wrestling, and running while in the service. I've lifted off and on since high-school, but am getting serious this time and would like some suggestions as far as the diet deal. The only real diets I've ever followed were for cutting weight during wrestling, and just eat everything I could get my hands on. I'm looking for a good diet to follow to put on quality muscle. I currently take 10g of creatine on workout days and a protein shake by MaxMuscle called high 5. I guess it has different proteins that metabolize throughout the day. 26g per serving and I usually take two about 1/2hr before workout and two right after. Workout days I take 10g creat with pre wo shake and non wo days 5 in morning on empty stomach and 5 evening on emty stomach. I guess I'm just looking for a good clean diet to go along with this, or if ya'll have any better suggestions fire away. I'm sure this has been beaten to death, but I thought I'd give it a shot anyway. Thanks!

MRJ
03-08-2002, 05:10 PM
I eat 6 x daily, 4 meals before 1700, two after (one right before I lay down for the night)

I'm currently trying to lean-out (I don't really cut) I diet down to 10%, but never really get over 15%.

As I decrease calories (over an 8/12 week period) I chop into the carbs. to achieve the desired effect, keep protein on the high end (to counter effects of lower carbs.) and raise the fat intake a bit to keep energy available.

Seems to work for my purpose.

Here's the breakdown: (approximate from memory)

Total cal - 3,300
Prot - 250g
Carbs - 450g
Fats - 65g

I'm 6'4", around 215 for comparison.

Bfast-

1 whole egg
1 slice n/f cheddar cheese
3 strips turkey bacon
(I combine the egg, cheese and the turkey strips into an omlet)
1 hash brown potato patty
20g oatmeal
1 oz raisin
1 cup n/f milk
1 medium egg bagel
.25 tbsp. Canola Oil (for cooking, if desired)

AM Meal

2 slices whole wheat bread
1 slice n/f swiss cheese
4 oz. turkey breast
1 cup n/f milk
1/2 apple

Lunch

1 can Progresso Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
1 cup n/f milk
1 scoop whey protein

PM Meal

Repeat AM Meal