PDA

View Full Version : Hard time finding comps

Hazerboy
09-28-2007, 03:13 PM
I live in the southside of chicago near hyde park and I've been having a really hard time finding powerlifting competitions in the coming months that are nearby. I've check chicagopowerlifting.com and some other sites and so far the closest one I've found is in willenbrooke (30 minutes away by car) and is only a deadlift competition. My other problem is that I don't have a car so I have to mostly rely on public transportation.

Any suggestions?

jtteg_x
09-28-2007, 04:13 PM
http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/node/4421

Ryano
09-29-2007, 09:23 AM
That's Eric Stone's deadlift comp in Willowbrook. Eric puts on several quality AAPF/APF meets at Velocity Sports thoughout the year. If you are looking for quality comps closer than 30 minutes away, good luck. You're lucky to have them that close.

Chris255
09-29-2007, 09:27 AM
(name) (date) (federation) (location)

National Powerlifting Championship September 29 SLP Tuscola
-
Rise of the Deadlift October 20 APF Willowbrook
-
Chicago Open Championship October 20 SLP Chicago
-
ANPPC National Powerlifting Championship October 27 SLP Tuscola
-
USA 'Raw' World Championship November 3 SLP Tuscola
-
Open Powerlifting & Single Event Championships November 10 ADFPF Canton
-
Illinois "Christmas" Regional December 15 NASA Flora
-
The Last One! December 29 SLP Tuscola

daved931
09-29-2007, 10:03 AM
I usually have to drive at least an hour for a meet. Consider yourself lucky to have them that close.

Make friends with someone at your gym that wants to compete and owns a car. That's my advice.

waynedang
09-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Some of my training partners drive 45 minutes+ just to train. 30 min to a meet would be great.

Hazerboy
09-30-2007, 11:59 PM
I would *looooove* to go to the canton one, but its +3 hours away, and I don't have a car (If I did I'd go). The willowbrook one is an option, but it would be my first meet and its deadlift only. I'm considering waiting until I get back to Kansas City (december 6th... I have a month for winter break) then searching around for a comp there, where I'll have a car, and more time flexibility.

I emailed eric stone by the way about joining his powerlifting team (or at least competing with them) a month or so back. Seemed like a solid guy, though Untill I get a car I don't think I'll be able to train with them.