PDA

View Full Version : Can't get whey smell out of nalgene

Hazerboy
10-01-2007, 01:47 PM
I drink a protien shake (whey + milk) about once a day or every other day out of a nalgene bottle. Problem is, I live in a dorm and there are no dish washers. After my shake I rinse the bottle over and over again with hot water and dawn and scrub the lip, but the smell just won't come out. Any tips?

getfit
10-01-2007, 01:49 PM
try vinegar or soak it with hot water and dish washing soap overnight

Holto
10-01-2007, 01:59 PM
I put a little water in mine and shake it as soon as I'm done using it. I also have a bottle brush that I use daily.

mikey4402
10-01-2007, 02:15 PM
just by a new one. what are they 7 bucks

and dont use it for whey shakes again. get a shaker from GNC for $5, and wash it once your done with it

RedSpikeyThing
10-01-2007, 06:04 PM
The only thing that got a weird smell out of mine was hot water (slightly cooled down from a kettly) and dish soap. Shake, soak, and pray.

WORLD
10-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Don't use your nalgene for protein drinks. Have you ever left it unwashed for a day or two? Worst possible smell in the world.
I'd recommend buying a shaker cup. They're free at some supplement stores. get like 5 of them in case you lose one. They work great. Use your nalgene for water only.

RedSpikeyThing
10-01-2007, 07:16 PM
I think detard summed it up best a while ago:

I have 5 nalgenes. 1 fro air one for water, oen not water one for cargohddtae specifinc foods./
:withstupi:

Guido
10-02-2007, 08:42 AM
I think detard summed it up best a while ago:

:withstupi:I have no idea what that says. :)

To the OP: I second the hot water and dish soap, or just get a regular plastic water bottle and hopefully it won't smell as bad. The main thing is to just always rinse and clean it out right after you use it.

Holto
10-02-2007, 01:36 PM
I have an arsenal of nalgene's I use every day. Mon to friday I take three of them to work, two for protein, one for iced tea. When I'm done I put a drop of dish soap in them, add water and shake them. At night I clean them with a bottle brush.