PDA

View Full Version : Can I wake up and immediately drink my Pre-WO Drink then head to the gym?

fixationdarknes
10-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Or do I need to eat a big Pre-workout meal (fast digesting protein and complex carbs) first, wait a couple of hours, THEN have my Pre-workout drink and head to the gym?

Lately I've been just waking up and jumping right into it, but I've been reading articles saying you should get a good pre-workout meal in a couple of hours before, especially after having just woken up.

Unholy
10-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Just get some food in your before hitting the weights. Its really not that complicated.

malkore
10-05-2007, 10:57 AM
just be careful early in the morning. sleeping = spinal decompression. from some of what I've read that can increase vertebrate/disc injuries on load bearing exercises like squats and deadlifts.

hardcoreceo
10-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I wake up at 5 am drink a protein shake with 3 scoops of protein total of 75g and work out at 6 am started this about 6 months ago and went from 350 lbs down to 280. my bench went from 300 to 425 and I have dropped my body fat from a whopping 37% down to 18%. It is not when you work out but how you work out but you do need something in you in the way of protein and cal.

Manveet
10-09-2007, 10:27 PM
The pre-workout shake should be just fine.

Remember to take the extra time to really warmup in the mornings.