PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine or ephedrine?

Get Strong
10-03-2007, 04:30 PM
I am thinking about supplementing with one of them, but just a little bit for mental focus.

Which one do you think is better for mental focus?

Unholy
10-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Stack em.

smalls
10-03-2007, 05:18 PM
I like caffeine much more but it's going to be a personal thing.

TommyBoy
10-03-2007, 05:21 PM
both FTW

RichMcGuire
10-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Wasnt the actual 'Ephedrine' banned? I thought they changed it around a bit because some baseball players were having heart attacks. I know they took it out of hydroxycut.

pottsy07
10-04-2007, 03:18 AM
yeh m8 i think it is illegal but i got eph 25 in my local gym it has the following ingredients,

30 mg of Ephedrine
120mg of Caffeine
30 mg of Asprin
80 mg of Narnegin

The only thing is he had it hidden under the counter then pulled it out from under it when i asked which is the best fat burner lol :D and i thought it worked very well lol.

WillKuenzel
10-04-2007, 03:37 AM
The ban on ephedra expired. It's legal to get now. There was a loop hole though as it couldn't be sold as a fat loss agent but was still sold as a bronchiodilator. You can get ephedrine at most gas stations or truck stops.

I tend to just go with caffeine but I do splurge and hit the ephedra when I need to.

Unreal
10-04-2007, 07:07 AM
I find C+E to have the best stimulant effect, but if you are only going to take one I would just do the caffeine.

hulkinout
10-04-2007, 11:34 AM
The ban on ephedra expired. It's legal to get now. There was a loop hole though as it couldn't be sold as a fat loss agent but was still sold as a bronchiodilator. You can get ephedrine at most gas stations or truck stops.

I tend to just go with caffeine but I do splurge and hit the ephedra when I need to.

Ohhh, I didn't know it had expired. I figured it was just another form of ephedrine that was out now. Thanks for clearing that up.

100-200mg of caffeine before every workout for me. I'll usually save the 200mg for squat or deadlift days. I try to cycle it occasionally cause you do build up a tolerance.

When I'm cutting, I'll do both eph and caffeine. I still have a bottle or two of Dymetadrine (I stocked up when I heard it eph was being banned).

Built
10-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Ephedra is the herb. Ephedrine is the active ingredient. Stick with Ephedrine - it's cleaner.

Stack E with C - really great for focus. I like tyrosine in that mix too - say 16-24mg E, 200 mg C, 2g tyrosine.

Steve24
10-04-2007, 12:21 PM
i dont understand why people still take ephedra, even if just one person had a heart attack while taking it, why risk it?

Workhorse
10-04-2007, 12:48 PM
i dont understand why people still take ephedra, even if just one person had a heart attack while taking it, why risk it?

If you're referring to the pitcher who died, he had a heart condition too. Did you know that?

I take 24mg Ephedrine, and 200mg Caffeine before heavy workouts.... works great, heart rate increases a touch but nothing significant... I just lift better and am more alert.

People freak out at ephedrine and caffeine, and then go and drink numerous vodka/redbulls at the bar..... go figure.

Cirino83
10-04-2007, 12:50 PM
caffeine all day.

BG5150
10-04-2007, 12:56 PM

People have had heart attacks while having sex. Should we all stop?

BG5150
10-04-2007, 12:56 PM
You could also add an 'A' and make an ECA stack.

pottsy07
10-04-2007, 02:45 PM
If you're referring to the pitcher who died, he had a heart condition too. Did you know that?

I take 24mg Ephedrine, and 200mg Caffeine before heavy workouts.... works great, heart rate increases a touch but nothing significant... I just lift better and am more alert.

People freak out at ephedrine and caffeine, and then go and drink numerous vodka/redbulls at the bar..... go figure.

Yeh m8 i no wer u r coming from. there is no comparison lol!! i personally dont see, r didnt find ne thing wrong wif da ephedrine, i jst found that the whole eph 25 supplement made me hotter during my workout due to thermo genisis, well once i think i got the jittery hands but that was the first day on the supplement.

Oh n i didnt realise it was legal again lol, i tink i must have gotten it when it was still illegal :D:p lol

Adam
10-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Hey Pottsy, Please type in more of your words in FULL.
Using abreviations here and there is fine but please do not fill your posts with them.
Thanks

hulkinout
10-07-2007, 12:14 AM
You could also add an 'A' and make an ECA stack.

Since you brought it up: is there an optimum amount of aspirin? I figure 200mg caffeine, 25 eph. How much aspirin would you add?

Fuzzy
10-07-2007, 02:24 AM
Thoughts on teens using stimulants?

BFGUITAR
10-07-2007, 03:25 PM

Moderation like everything.

I would probably stick to a bit of caffeine. Say 100mg before a workout. See how you feel after that.

I cant see why it would be a major problem to use caffeine... as for ephedrine and aspirin im not sure.

Aspirin is a blood thinner, so if you have any hemophilia dont take it. If you have heart problems in general dont take it unless you know what your doing.

Personally, I only use a stimulant if I didnt have an adequate meal before or im just a bit tired. From what ive heard, gains on stimulants arent permanent.

smalls
10-07-2007, 09:55 PM

I personally think it's a bad idea for anyone to become "dependant" on stimulants. If someone can use them rarely and have control that's fine. It just seems strange to need an outside source to motivate yourself for every workout, as it seems some people do. And, IMO, getting into that mindset is a negative thing.

DaBizzle
10-08-2007, 03:59 AM

Is there a link to this? I kno u can get ephedrine still, but i thought ephedra is illegal still?

biguns86
10-09-2007, 12:20 AM
where do you all buy your E and C and in what form does it come in...pill or powder?

pottsy07
10-09-2007, 06:13 AM
biguns86 i use eph 25, you should google it and it should come straight up.

here is a list of the ingredients it contains,

30 mg of Ephedrine
120mg of Caffeine
30 mg of Asprin
80 mg of Narnegin

Unreal
10-09-2007, 07:06 AM
I buy my ephedra at Walmart in pill form and caffeine online. Pill form for that too but yuo can get it powdered for cheap.

Unholy
10-09-2007, 08:37 AM
They sell Ephedra at walmart?

DaBizzle
10-10-2007, 06:09 PM
i call BS on that.