PDA

View Full Version : protecting my "stuff" while deadlifting

Sumorai
10-05-2007, 12:16 PM
by "stuff" I mean my genitals. (just thought I should clarify lest you think I was talking about steroids) I do not mean to be vulgar, but it is an issue I am having. I am trying to learn proper deadlift form, and I think this is holding me back. What am I supposed to do wear a cup or something? Seriously.

McVein
10-05-2007, 12:30 PM
by "stuff" I mean my genitals. (just thought I should clarify lest you think I was talking about steroids) I do not mean to be vulgar, but it is an issue I am having. I am trying to learn proper deadlift form, and I think this is holding me back. What am I supposed to do wear a cup or something? Seriously.

thats what i thought you meant.

your penis is obviously too big.

Guido
10-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Um, are you wearing boxers or something? Do you "hang low"? It shouldn't be an issue if you wear the right kind of undergarments.

Stumprrp
10-05-2007, 02:01 PM
i actually blow a load every time i deadlift.

not sure how you have a problem.

deeder
10-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Just tuck your wang between your legs like a male cross-dress ;)

It'll be brutally uncomfortable and you won't be able to do a sumo stance... But it'll have to do until you figure out how not to hit your schlong with the bar.

deeder
10-05-2007, 02:15 PM
i actually blow a load every time i deadlift.

not sure how you have a problem.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me...

Sick bastard.

Sumorai
10-05-2007, 02:40 PM
hmmm......

my arms are at the same level as my stuff. so when I stand erect(no pun intended) and my hands are hanging(no pun intended) as they naturally do, they are at the same level as my stuff, so naturally the bar is at that level too.

1mmort4l
10-05-2007, 08:16 PM
I kind of get the same thing too. I think it depends on the length of your arms (mine finish right there too) and also the actual placement or protrusion of the organ. Not everyones "stuff" are in the same spot exactly.
I'm not really sure what i have changed, but i know it used to affect my lifting, sometimes putting strain on some muscles trying to avoid the old bloke..

Sumorai
10-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Thanks immortal for the support(God I can't say anything on this thread lol).
I thought for sure there were more people like us that had this problem and that they found a way around it. I'll figure out something good though. Maybe I will wear a cup, or just more supportive underwear.
And I just want to establish that I am not bragging or anything at all about my "stuff". That doesn't have anything to do with it. It's just how everything(limbs torso, and said "stuff") are positioned more so than the size of my stuff. :) lol...you guys can think whatever you want though :D

RhodeHouse
10-05-2007, 08:52 PM
I think you're bragging about your junk. Gain 50lbs. You junk will get smaller and problem solved. I was so much bigger in college when I was 250lbs. Now at 315, not so much. My girl is small, so it looks big in her hand, but wait until I lose some real weight. She'll be dead! I may have crossed a line, but I don't care.

Sumorai
10-05-2007, 09:04 PM
I think you're bragging about your junk.

lol....I'm not bragging! I'm tellin' ya there ain't much to brag about bro.

Gain 50lbs.

Then I would be like 370!

You junk will get smaller and problem solved.

I can barely see it is as.

My girl is small, so it looks big in her hand, but wait until I lose some real weight. She'll be dead! I may have crossed a line, but I don't care.

lol
yeah i don't know if the mods will let that stay up there

Sensei
10-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Um, are you wearing boxers or something? Do you "hang low"? It shouldn't be an issue if you wear the right kind of undergarments.HAHAHAHA! Wow... I guess youngsters these days wouldn't know what the hell to do with jockstrap if it was slapping them in the face...

(...and that's not a age-ist comment, just an observation that has been confirmed by PE teachers and fellow coaches)

RhodeHouse
10-05-2007, 09:39 PM
lol....I'm not bragging! I'm tellin' ya there ain't much to brag about bro.

Then I would be like 370!

I can barely see it is as.

lol
yeah i don't know if the mods will let that stay up there

370? What's the problem with that? That's some weight moving weight

Stumprrp
10-05-2007, 10:26 PM
its ok guys, i dont pack much either.

Sumorai
10-05-2007, 11:28 PM
HAHAHAHA! Wow... I guess youngsters these days wouldn't know what the hell to do with jockstrap if it was slapping them in the face...

(...and that's not a age-ist comment, just an observation that has been confirmed by PE teachers and fellow coaches)

I've worn a cup. But I don't know about a "jock-strap", isn't that the kind that goes up ur crack like a thong? let me find out once and for all...time to wikifi.

hmmm.....i see now. Okay it does not go up ur asscrack. I've worn a jock strap before, cause that's what I put my cup in.

yeah...they didn't really fit me well then and they sure as heck wouldn't fit me good now. the bands would get all twisted and bind up my legs, go up my ass, cut off circulation in my legs, make my underwear get all twisted up and just give me a bad day in general. I'll find another athletic cup compatible device.

370? What's the problem with that? That's some weight moving weight

You can't be serious? lol....I feel like I could drop dead any minute at 320. :D And truth be told, I'm probably over that now because it has been some time since my last trip to the doc's office to get weighed(although i gym said they would let me use their scale, but i have just been too lazy to go yet. :) )

I see you are one of the 300 as well. Do you actually like being over 300?
I sure as heck don't. I mean, if you got a lot of muscle mass, that does not make it as bad and I am sure you feel a lot better than I do, and look a heck of a lot better, but 300 aint healthy for anybody.(hmmm.... I don't know about people over 7' though.... Being 7' probably aint healthy either, but there aint nothin they can do bout that)

nddillon
10-06-2007, 12:06 AM
Had the same problem for a long time. I used to get sick to my stomach from the abuse. Then I took two 3 inch pipe pads and put them on my bar so they hit my upper quads/hips first...and booyah. I chose Dodgeball over Paddleball (in PE terms for Sensei)

Sumorai
10-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Had the same problem for a long time. I used to get sick to my stomach from the abuse. Then I took two 3 inch pipe pads and put them on my bar so they hit my upper quads/hips first...and booyah. I chose Dodgeball over Paddleball (in PE terms for Sensei)

I do not quite understand how that works or what exactly you did. Although I think I understand what you did more than how it works. I mean if you are bringing your hands to the natural position, then wouldn't the bar still be hitting your stuff, but just with the pads on it? Could you draw me a picture? seriously. you could use ms paint :D

Sensei
10-06-2007, 09:44 PM
They have "athletic briefs" too (basically tight "Whitey Tighties").

Mike G
10-06-2007, 09:59 PM
I think you're bragging about your junk. Gain 50lbs. You junk will get smaller and problem solved. I was so much bigger in college when I was 250lbs. Now at 315, not so much. My girl is small, so it looks big in her hand, but wait until I lose some real weight. She'll be dead! I may have crossed a line, but I don't care.

I wish my girlfriend had small hands:cry:

joelhall
10-07-2007, 10:23 AM
i just wear speedos and use a swimmers tachnique called the 'tuck' when i DL;) and i do have a lot of junk to protect haha, but this really does the job mate;)

RhodeHouse
10-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Sometimes lifting hurts. Come talk to me when you have to push your nut back out from inside your body after squatting.

Jinkies
10-07-2007, 11:44 AM
I just use my pangwis as an extra hook to grip the weight from the floor

deeder
10-07-2007, 05:21 PM
They have "athletic briefs" too (basically tight "Whitey Tighties").

Sensei, I believe the term is Tighty Whities. But you were close, old man.

SW
10-07-2007, 05:49 PM
It's not my penis getting hit on deadlift (and maybe another one too, like power cleans when i bring the bar to waist height.) It's my testicles.

Sumorai
10-07-2007, 08:32 PM
It's not my penis getting hit on deadlift (and maybe another one too, like power cleans when i bring the bar to waist height.) It's my testicles.

It is both for me. But more so my testicles.

RhodeHouse
10-07-2007, 08:51 PM
To be honest, I'd stop dealifting. It's hard. It hurts. And, it takes a lot out of you. At a contest, it's what you do before you eat.:thumbup:

Sumorai
10-07-2007, 09:23 PM
To be honest, I'd stop dealifting.

is this advice sincere?

At a contest, it's what you do before you eat.:thumbup:

Please elaborate.

thanks for your time.