PDA

View Full Version : PHIL's Journal

PHILSTER
10-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Hey, Just to give a little history about myself and where I'm coming from.
I've been lifting on and off for about three years (lately more off than on) which is something I'm looking to change. I never really had access to a good gym which has been one of the main challenges for me to stay in shape. However, now that I'm at school I have access to a great university gym,free, so no more excuses! I've created this journal with the hope that it will help me stay on track and allow me to get back into the shape that I was in two years ago.

current weight: 181 Desired weight: 168
height: 5'10 /5'11

Routine: three day split Calloric Intake per day should not exceed
2200. Current Status-Cutting
day 1: legs
day 2: chest/tris
day 3: back/bis

day 4: off day <----------------thats my week

day 5:legs
day 6: chest/tris
day 7: back/bis

Thats about it time to get started!!!!

PHILSTER
10-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Yesterday I finished up with my back/bis day it went great. I did some standard lifts just to get back into the swing of things.

Deadlifts
Shrugs
seated cable rows
standing BB row
Pull ups

My diet was going great yesterday until I missed a meal before I went to my study group which is two hours long. I was so hungry when I got home and I didn't have any cutting food prepared so I just ended up reverting to my primative instincts and gorging myself on some pizza. Ah well at least I'm back in the gym I'll give myself a week just to get back into the cutting rythm. Once I get into a flow with the gym and can stick to that routine my diet will follow I've just got to make sure to always have some cutting food ready lol.

pinky8713
10-09-2007, 09:50 AM
How's it going buddy? Good to see you have a journal going again. Keep goin' strong.

You should start posting the weights, sets, and reps that you do too. Just so I can see them haha.

PHILSTER
10-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Ha ha I knew you'd find me even if I switched my name. Yesterday was my off day so nothing too much to report there.

Today Diet is perfect!

Today I did Chest/Tris I know my routine calls for legs for today but they are still feeling a little sore and I wanted to give them some rest so I can really hit them hard in two days.

flat bench press 175 5x5
Incline dp 55 lbs db 3x8-10
Flys (It was on a machine and I can't recall the exact weight) 3x8-10
Arnolds 3x8 with 35 lbs db

Hanging Dips 2x failure I think I only got about 8 the first time and than 5 I'm going to try to boost that up

Tricep Pushdown (once again I can't recall the weight) I did 3x8

I'm planning on switching from dips to close grip bench. I'm also going to not use the machine for flys next time. Furthermore, I'm curious what everyone thinks of me throwing in militrary press instead of arnolds. Any feedback appreciated thanks.

zela
10-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Good job getting back into it, I recently did the same after lifting on and off for a year. You better keep it up I'll be looking in here to give you **** if you don't. These journals are a good motivation to keep you in it, so keep it updated regularly.

PHILSTER
10-11-2007, 06:44 PM
K so today was back/bi day and it went pretty well

I did some deadlifts about 4 sets ending with a nice easy 8 reps at 185 (I'm just starting out slow lol)

Well it all looked like this

Deadlifts final set 185 lbs 8 reps prefect form
Seated cable rows 3x8-10
Pull ups 2xfailure
shrugs 3x8-10 at 155 lbs I'm planning on bringing a clipboard and a pen
cable lat pulldowns 3x8-10 to record exact weight and sets from now on
that'll allow me to track a little bit better but
all in all it felt pretty smooth. However, my diet is leaving quite a bit to be desired I woke up late for class this morning so I had to miss breakfast and lunch and ended up just eating some crap when I came home. That was a stupid mistake but I'm gonna bounce back from it seeing as how I had a perfect day yesterday.

pinky8713
10-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Keep up the diet man. It's everything.

Good workouts though dude. Good deadlifts too. Just ease up the weight.

hulkinout
10-11-2007, 08:54 PM
x2. Take those deadlifts up slowly. Let your back love that move, and it will repay you with lotsa growth all over. Keep that form in the groove.

PHILSTER
10-24-2007, 06:07 PM
K sorry I havn't posted in a while, midterms and all that.

Today was back/bi day

Deadlifts 8x185 6x205 4x225

Lat pull downs

cable curls

cable rows

I know that these lifts arn't exactly the best but It's all I had time for today. Tomorrow I'm going to hit the legs strong and have a more filled out workout. Diet is perfect right now so all is looking good.

Levantar
10-24-2007, 07:27 PM
The diet actually is the hardest part (at least for me cause I love to eat). Keep at it. Are you writing down your weights and sets as you do them in the gym? You should be logging all that in a written journal as well so you can keep track of your sets, reps, and weights for profress week to week. I didn't for a long time and I never went anywhere. Good luck with your workouts.

Try doing standing OH BB press instead of Arnolds (if you want). It will utilize so many stabilizers and your core.

PHILSTER
10-25-2007, 08:47 AM
The diet actually is the hardest part (at least for me cause I love to eat). Keep at it. Are you writing down your weights and sets as you do them in the gym? You should be logging all that in a written journal as well so you can keep track of your sets, reps, and weights for profress week to week. I didn't for a long time and I never went anywhere. Good luck with your workouts.

Try doing standing OH BB press instead of Arnolds (if you want). It will utilize so many stabilizers and your core.

I'll give that a shot, thanks for the tip