PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!

j12od87
10-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Well I use to weigh about 240 lbs back in high school. Im 20 years old now, and I weigh about 165-170 lbs. I lost the fat pretty quick, and I think i lost a lot of muscle along with it too. I seem to have kinda loose skin on my arms, chest area, abdomin and inner thighs. When I grip it, it isnt as thin as skin is suppose to be so Ithink theres still plenty of fat under that skin. I need semi-detailed directions on rebuilding body mass, muscle and just gettin that image of my sagging gut to become more muscled out.

I'm about 5'9. Ive been doing some weight lifting. The sagging skin on my arm i feel satisfied about because it doesnt acutally look like there loose skin. My chest is slowly gettin a lil bigger. IT seems like the top part of the chest is gettin bigger and slowly workin its way down. Ive only been benching 100 lbs. But like 3-5 cycles of 5-10 reps each.

I need help on my inner thighs though. seems like theres still a bunch of fat under that skin eventhough it looks like the skin saggin down a lil. What kind of excerises can i do to help tighten up and musckle up my inner thighs?

as far as supplments, ive just been taking Xyience Muscle Meal 3 times a day aside from my regular low fat meals with good carbs and good protein diet, and I work out 3-4 times a week. Results seem very slow. I know im not doing enough of something. What is it that im not doing enough of? I registered for this forum for multi opinions and advice because i cant hire a fitness or nutrition trainer

RhodeHouse
10-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Gain some weight and the skin will tighten up

Sumorai
10-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Congratulations on your weight loss, j12. I am curious about this skin problem too. Because I heard if you lose weight too fast the skin can't adjust quickly enough.
Rhode,
Are you saying that he should put on weight, and stay at that increased weight? Or put on some weight, and cut back down, but more slowly this time to avoid the sagging skin? I hope its cool that I asked you a question. It's not really about weights directly so I guess it's okay. I just want to know what you mean so I can avoid a problem, because I am at a caloric defecit.

jdeity
10-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Sumo's right afaik, the skin will tighten back up but can sag. Having hyper metabolism myself I can't speak from first hand experience there.

You ask for detailed instructions, unfortunately it would take pages for that to be written out, and it's also something that you're gonna wanna be posting in 2 forums about (training and diet/nutrition).

But the general idea will be to first determine whether you want to gain muscle (and some fat with it, not to be the bearer of bad news or anything), or lose more fat. I'd imagine that, at your height/weight, you're gonna wanna jump into gaining some muscle. I'd recommend that personally, but it's an individual thing.

If you want to gain muscle you're gonna need to lift heavy and eat a lot, and get proper rest. Based on the #'s you posted for your bench, I'd recommend just focusing on compound lifts (squat, deadlift, bench press, pullups, etc) and watch you #'s fly through the ceiling. Once you've gained enough muscle, you'd start 'cutting', which would be reducing your calories and possibly doing cardio, to lose the extra fat.

Good luck, let us know if you have more specific questions, and check out the articles on training/diet, they'll tell you tons (also, just reading the forum will do that!).

RhodeHouse
10-10-2007, 05:37 PM
Congratulations on your weight loss, j12. I am curious about this skin problem too. Because I heard if you lose weight too fast the skin can't adjust quickly enough.
Rhode,
Are you saying that he should put on weight, and stay at that increased weight? Or put on some weight, and cut back down, but more slowly this time to avoid the sagging skin? I hope its cool that I asked you a question. It's not really about weights directly so I guess it's okay. I just want to know what you mean so I can avoid a problem, because I am at a caloric defecit.

As for my post, I have no idea. He has extra skin from losing weight. It's probably not gonna go away. Gain some weight to tighten it back up. I've stated this before - IMO, any man under 200lbs is a woman, so, of course I think he should gain weight.

j12od87
10-10-2007, 11:10 PM
So I guess I really cant stay at my weight and get rid of the loose skin huh?
Ill probably need to gain like 10-15 lbs to fill up the body?

rLuc
10-11-2007, 06:04 AM
So I guess I really cant stay at my weight and get rid of the loose skin huh?
Ill probably need to gain like 10-15 lbs to fill up the body?

lol at "fill up my body." Stop it. First, congratulations on your weight loss. You accomplished something the vast majority of our population could never, and will never, achieve. Pat yourself on the back for it. Seriously.

As to the loose skin, give it time. Sparing you the detailed phyz, the bottom line is that some people, for reasons often unexplainable(read genetic stuff out of your control)eventually "tighten up", and some don't. Keep training hard, eating right, etc. for another six months and report back on the progress. If you notice zero change, consult a physician on the possibilities of surgery if you so desire.

Also, have you considered the possibility that it is not "loose skin" but actually fat? I don't mean to come off like a dick, but I have a friend/client who bitches about her "loose skin"when the truth is she just has a "fat ass." Good luck pal.

jdeity
10-11-2007, 07:27 AM
I'm gonna second being dead-sure it's actually loose skin and not fat. If you're unsure what you're looking for you could be confusing them.

But anyways, your best course imo is to just gain muscle now. The combination of you skin likely trying to tighten itself, with the increased muscle mass, should put you to where you wanna be. Just remember muscle isn't gonna come on as fast as fat can come off!

You could always cut even more now, to lose more fat (if indeed you have enough more that you'd wanna lose), but you'd be pretty damn light for your height if you did that. I'd recommend bulking before cutting, but in the end that's really a personal decision. Remember also the time of year - it's a good time to bulk now and then get cut up for the summer ;)

j12od87
10-12-2007, 02:31 AM
Well, Like i said. Skin should be pretty thin right? But when I grip my abdominal section it still seems to be pretty thick about 2-3 probably. I mean I use to weigh a lot and my waist is pretty small. Like I appear to be skinny when I have my clothes on, but without my shirt on I just loook fat. I think I might just have a bunch of left over fat underneath which appears to look like its saggy skin.

So if it WERE extra skin, I know that I should start weight training and gaining muscle to bulk up the skin.

But if it were still FAT, should I do that whole Eat A lot, Train Hard and Sleep Good thing? Or should I just work on burning the fat off first, and then doing that whole routine?

jdeity
10-12-2007, 07:09 AM
It would honestly be your call, it's an opinion type thing and nobody can know better than you.

If you start trying to put muscle on, keep in mind you'll likely put on a little bit of fat with it too. This is 'bulking'. You're gonna want to bulk, cut, bulk, cut, and so on.

Now, most will probably tell you to bulk now, but it's still just an opinion thing. You can keep cutting if you want, but I would recommend a bulk because:
- you've already had a really, really good cut
- at your height/weight I wouldn't want to lose a pound
- it's a good time of year to bulk for a period, then start getting cut for summertime
- your strength is pretty low for your weight/height, so I'd want that going up too.

So that's why I'd recommend you bulk. However, if you just did all that cutting and you want to finish it off and go further, it's really your call in the end. There's no real rule that you need to bulk or cut next, just weigh what you wanna do more - continue to lose fat and probably a little more muscle with it, or start putting on muscle/strength and likely gain some fat with it.