PDA

View Full Version : Full Body Powerliftin Routine

RedSpikeyThing
10-10-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm kind of in the "question everything you read" mind fram right now and wanted some input on designing a full body, strength-oriented routine. Currently, I'm doing a "bench-specific" routine to bring up my lagging bench press. It includes doing deads and squats once per week and I really like doing my whole body in one day. I feel like I can put a little more into every movement, as opposed with westside where my hamstrings would be detsroyed after a lower session.

I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Day 1:
Heavy bench
Speed squat

Day 2:
speed squat
speed bench
Lower accessory

Day 3:
Heavy squat/DL (alternating every couple of weeks)
Speed bench

Day 4:
Speed bench
Speed squat
upper accessory

I have no idea how to design a full body routine specifically for strength and a quick google hasn't brought up anything interesting. I have looked into 3x3, but I got bored quite quickly. Maybe some of the Olympic lifters will have some ideas on how to train everything all the time.

All input is appreciated :)

Chris Rodgers
10-10-2007, 03:36 PM
On Elitefts, Eric Talmant put some links up to the Sheiko routines. I'd look into those if you want to do all the lifts every session. Look for the beginner routine to start.

RedSpikeyThing
10-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Cool, I'll give it a read.

RhodeHouse
10-10-2007, 05:26 PM
No good for powerlifting. The ONLY reason to possibly do a full body PL split is if you can only train 2 days per week. And, you have a 4 day split mapped out.

Westside works, much like the wheel. Don't reinvent things for the sake of change.

Besides, how can you go balls out on ME Bench, and then balls out on DE Squat? You can't. Follow what works.

WillKuenzel
10-10-2007, 05:31 PM
There's a reason Westside guys are the best. For powerlifting, that's what works. If you are interested in something else besides powerlifting, then we'll talk. Strength optimization for other reasons can be done with full body but powerlifting specific is pretty much the Westside template.

RedSpikeyThing
10-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Besides, how can you go balls out on ME Bench, and then balls out on DE Squat? You can't. Follow what works.

Fair enough. I think that pretty much answers that.