PDA

View Full Version : Bulking and Cutting

DelveyBoy
03-09-2002, 03:31 AM
i am a beginner so could you please explain what bulking and cutting mean:dj: :spam:

big
03-09-2002, 03:49 AM
Well umm, I guess you could say:

Bulking: eating enough, or more then enought to build muscle, you will in most cases also gain fat & water....
Cutting: losing the fat/water you gained while bulking but try and keep most/all of the muscle gained.

If you never bulk gaining muscle will be much slower, you might get stronger but not bigger.

DelveyBoy
03-09-2002, 07:10 AM
how often should i bulk/cut

big
03-09-2002, 10:29 AM
Bulk until you are not comfortable getting any fatter. Most people try to have low bf during the summer and high during the winter.

Personally Im gonna cut down until the start of the summer, maintain bodyfat during and then start bulking at the end/mid summer. And continue bulking until february/mars. That might change though, if I get to fat I might cut once during the winter also.

big
03-09-2002, 10:31 AM
Last year I didn't cut at all, since I was so skinny there was no point.

DelveyBoy
03-10-2002, 05:55 AM
i find it hard gaining fat so have you got any ideas to help me gain

Budiak
03-10-2002, 06:28 AM
Well if you wanna gain fat, I've got great advice to give you.

But you dont wanna gain fat, you wanna gain raw, shapeless muscle mass that bulges and twitches with every thought.
Thats a lot more difficult...

The easiest advice is just eat. Complete proteins, good carbs and healthy fats. And dont stop eating, either.
Deadlift!

DelveyBoy
03-12-2002, 02:07 PM
i tried to deadlift, and my whole body hurts for the next week.same with squats

big
03-12-2002, 02:22 PM
:D thats why we love 'em. After another week or two it wont be as bad. You tend to get sore when you make a change in the way you train. Just make sure it's not 'injury pain' you're feeling.

Reinier
03-12-2002, 02:30 PM
if its the muscle that hurts and you used the right technique and you stretched its quite safe to say your ok.

to bulk just make a rough eating plan for yourself i suppose this site is filled with peoples diets who put them up it ll give you some ideas.

look to gain about a pound a week, gradually.
Make a workout scheme based around the 3 most important lifts, the deadlift the bench press and the squat.

you can use the wbb routines which are on the main site if you want.

do this until you get too fat in your opinion and then cut.

sounds simple, is in theory simple, but makes hard work.