PDA

View Full Version : My pretty long cut...

yankeekd25
10-12-2007, 01:12 PM
I weighed in at 201 about last December. I initially lost the first 30 pounds in 3-4 months, and then lost another 10 in about 2 months. Currently, I am 164-166. I believe my body fat is anywhere from 15-20%. I used one of those machines where you hold onto the sides and push hard, but I don't know how accurate it was... it said I was 20% when I was still weighing about 175ish.

Here are the pics...

Before (only have one..):
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/yankeekd25/mobmain.jpg

Now:
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/yankeekd25/untitled76.jpg
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/yankeekd25/untitled65.jpg

Don't have any pics of the wheels... because they are nothing special at all. Have a little muscle on the quads but it didn't show in any of them pics I took. I'm home alone right now so I couldn't take any pics of my back. When someone gets home, I'll have them snap a few shots of it and I'll post it.

Should I continue to cut or start a clean bulk?

Also if anyone can throw at a reasonable estimate of body fat % I'd really appreciate it! Thanks guys.

North
10-12-2007, 01:35 PM
the pics don't work

yankeekd25
10-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Try now.

Gabrielle
10-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Looking good bro. I would recommend staying the same weight and or doing a very slow body recomposition. This way you can gain some muscle and then worry about getting ripped for summer. Just my opinion.

ADT
10-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Hey yankee.

You're 5'10" and 164 pounds. You need to bulk. You're lean enough (now) after the cut where you can start the process over again. Increase your calories slowly. That second picture looks good as you've really leaned out in the chest area.

While we are on the subject, do you have a target goal or picture as to who or what you want to look like post-bulk? Maybe bulking for strength gains?

Body fat percentage guess? I'd say you were about 14-15% in that second picture. (I am terrible at bodyfat % guesses. Take the mean average of everyone's response and you'll have your answer!)

Nice work and it is time to start enjoying more food as you watch football this winter!

Best,
ADT

Gunshow
10-12-2007, 06:59 PM
i would say 13-14% definately bulk. but like ADT mentioned it all depends on what your goals are.

yankeekd25
10-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Hey yankee.

You're 5'10" and 164 pounds. You need to bulk. You're lean enough (now) after the cut where you can start the process over again. Increase your calories slowly. That second picture looks good as you've really leaned out in the chest area.

While we are on the subject, do you have a target goal or picture as to who or what you want to look like post-bulk? Maybe bulking for strength gains?

Body fat percentage guess? I'd say you were about 14-15% in that second picture. (I am terrible at bodyfat % guesses. Take the mean average of everyone's response and you'll have your answer!)

Nice work and it is time to start enjoying more food as you watch football this winter!

Best,
ADT

Thank you for those compliments, everyone. I have been following such a strict diet for a longggg time and it's payed off. While my friends are scoffing down double cheeseburgers from the dollar menu, I wait till I get home to eat my lean chicken, with my broccoli.

As for goals... I kind of want a lean, but muscular look. A nice ripped body is what I'd like to have....
Something like this:
http://buzznet-87.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users11/sylverspyster/default/abs_hot_guys_six_pack_muscle--large-msg-114922934156-2.jpg. I don't want to look overally massive (I know that takes years).

I would also LOVE to get my Big 3 up as they are pretty pathetic.... especially my squat, but of course on my cut I wasn't focusing on strength gains. I would LOVE to have a big 3 around 700-800 someday.

I've obviously never bulked before so I do need some help with that part. Right now I'm eating at about 2000 cals, 70 g's of fat, 145-150 carbs, and 200 g's of protein. My maintence is about 2250-2400. How should I go about increasing these numbers? Thanks for your help....

Oh, and I'm starting to hear your footsteps coming after me in the pool. Haha... good luck to you!

ADT
10-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Thank you for those compliments, everyone. I have been following such a strict diet for a longggg time and it's payed off. While my friends are scoffing down double cheeseburgers from the dollar menu, I wait till I get home to eat my lean chicken, with my broccoli.

Good discipline. Now, since you are going to be bulking soon you'll need food to take with you if at all possible. You don't want long time periods when you aren't getting your calories. Some type of Tupperware would work wonders for your lean chicken and broccoli.

As for goals... I kind of want a lean, but muscular look. A nice ripped body is what I'd like to have....
Something like this:
http://buzznet-87.vo.llnwd.net/assets/users11/sylverspyster/default/abs_hot_guys_six_pack_muscle--large-msg-114922934156-2.jpg. I don't want to look overally massive (I know that takes years).

:rolleyes: Hmm... To each is own I guess. I am in the want to be "overally massive" camp but regardless, the individual in the picture has fair amount of muscle mass and you'll still need to increase your calories slowly - make gains - and then cut again.

I would also LOVE to get my Big 3 up as they are pretty pathetic.... especially my squat, but of course on my cut I wasn't focusing on strength gains. I would LOVE to have a big 3 around 700-800 someday.

Great! That's what I love to hear. You'll be amazed that when you start eating more your lifts will (hopefully) come along with increased strength. Once you get to your big 3 goal of 800 you'll want more - then 1000 - 1200 and more - and then you will find yourself craving that "overally massive" look ...:clown: (Just kidding - but you never know...)

I've obviously never bulked before so I do need some help with that part. Right now I'm eating at about 2000 cals, 70 g's of fat, 145-150 carbs, and 200 g's of protein. My maintence is about 2250-2400. How should I go about increasing these numbers? Thanks for your help....

No problem. Slow increase is the key to prevent fat gain. Too much too soon and you could have a problem. I am a proponent of the "200 every 2". (When coming out of a cut, I would come back to maintenance calories and then increase my daily calorie total by 200 every two weeks. Example: 3,000 cal/day wk1, 3,200 cal/day wk2, etc. Some prefer a faster increase, however.)

Oh, and I'm starting to hear your footsteps coming after me in the pool. Haha... good luck to you!

I would like to point out that he is talking about our participation in the "WBB Annual Football Pick'em Contest" and not referring to us going swimming together or something... :tuttut:

LOL!

Best,
ADT