PDA

View Full Version : Food to lean up???

benchaholic777
10-16-2007, 08:01 AM
I haven't been on a recorded diet every, I have been paying attension to portion size and making sure I eat at least 1gram of protien for each pound of body wieght, and try not to overdo the carbs. I've never counted calories.

I'm wanting to lean up (lose about 25-35 lbs.), but I would like to retain as much strength and muscle as possible. Right now I wiegh 223lbs. at 22.4% BF. How do I determine how much food to cut, or do I eat the same and do more cardio to use more calories? How much protien do I need to accomplish my goal and not lose to much? Is there a formula or something to give me some sorta staring point? I have researched this diet thing so much online I'm tired, I just need some direct direction:D .

dscarth
10-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Depends what you want to do.

At 223lb @ 22.4% BF, you have ~50lb of fat, if thats accurate.
To get to 15% BF you need to lose 25lbs while retaining same LBM.
To get to 12% BF you need to lose 30lbs while retaining same LBM.
To get to 10% BF you need to lose 33lbs while retaining same LBM.

To keep as much muscle as possible, lose weight slowly. The slower the better, and keep training.

To lose weight you should try and count calories.
Diet manipulation generally works better than cardio for weight control.

Stumprrp
10-16-2007, 07:48 PM
baconators

The Champion
10-16-2007, 08:14 PM
baconators

Don't forget Triple Stacks

smalls
10-16-2007, 08:40 PM
LOL, there are tons of threads on this topic. Do some searches, it's all here to be learned. But basically eat less and move more.

Depends what you want to do.

At 223lb @ 22.4% BF, you have ~50lb of fat, if thats accurate.
To get to 15% BF you need to lose 25lbs while retaining same LBM.
To get to 12% BF you need to lose 30lbs while retaining same LBM.
To get to 10% BF you need to lose 33lbs while retaining same LBM.

To keep as much muscle as possible, lose weight slowly. The slower the better, and keep training.

To lose weight you should try and count calories.
Diet manipulation generally works better than cardio for weight control.

Just be sure to understand that this doesnt account for water/glycogen/undigested food loss. So you results will be substantially less dramatic than the above numbers suggest.