PDA

View Full Version : ok, guys, i did another deadlift 2day, what do u think now???

redivote
10-17-2007, 07:47 AM
i think its better than the older ones execpt for the first rep down whice i push the weight away from me by mistake...
what do u think???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Ciyv-g9h8

Cards
10-17-2007, 08:07 AM
add more weight

bjohnso
10-17-2007, 08:07 AM
It looks good on the way up, but why are you waiting so long to bend your knees on the way down? You're coming down in stages, it should be one fluid motion.

redivote
10-17-2007, 08:09 AM
It looks good on the way up, but why are you waiting so long to bend your knees on the way down? You're coming down in stages, it should be one fluid motion.
i know that the knee bend should come just after the bar had past them...
cards, so u think it was good??

RedSpikeyThing
10-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Great deadlift. I agree with the above posts.

Lumiel
10-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Keep the bar against your leg for better mechanical advantage and less strain on your lower back and down wait to bend your knees on the way down. It looks oddly unnatural and is forcing the bar away from your body. It should be one fluid natural motion.

here are some great videos on what NOT to do:
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1582703

HahnB
10-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Is it just me, or do people over think this? Look at videos of dexter ronnie etc deadlifting, most of them aren't using textbook form-and they're pulling a ton of weight. As long as your form is pretty good, I don't think you're going to have much of a problem unless you're REALLY doing something wrong.

Bako Lifter
10-17-2007, 04:18 PM
Why are you lowering it all weird like that?

Cards
10-17-2007, 04:43 PM
i know that the knee bend should come just after the bar had past them...
cards, so u think it was good??

Yes, yes I do think it was good! It's just when most people finally add weight their form disapears. That's all.

Detard
10-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Is it just me, or do people over think this? Look at videos of dexter ronnie etc deadlifting, most of them aren't using textbook form-and they're pulling a ton of weight.

I agree. I dont understand why you have to perfect the negative.. it's not even part of the lift. Your form looked good but add more weight. Try to increase your bar speed too. It almost seems as if you're TOO in control.

clash
10-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Damn, some of you beat me to the punch alread....alright i hardly ever post on here but i have been tempted to make a thread lately about how people are WAY to friggen worried about form then getting bigger and stronger. Watching videos like this make me laugh to damn hard. I have never seen anyone who has made it far in this game do deadlifts like the version you posted on here. QUIT ASKING ABOUT YOUR FORM AND JUST LIFT.

redivote
10-18-2007, 04:08 AM
in my last videos of deadlift my form was pretty terrible so i needed to take another shoot...
technique is very important to me,
i guss that if now my form is decent-good i would concentrate more on adding weight to the bar and still checking every once in a while for form
tnx all