PDA

View Full Version : why am i hungry?

gmen5681
10-17-2007, 07:14 PM
What is the reason for feeling hungry? is it my brain telling me im hungry because im low on calories? or is my stomach just being empty and wanted something in it even tho i dont need the calories. i know metabolism plays a key role as well. but what is the root to the feeling of hunger?

RhodeHouse
10-18-2007, 11:26 AM
Maybe you're hungry? It's hunger and/or thirst.

Big-E
10-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Drink lots of water!!! Could be that you are thirsty.

mikey4402
10-18-2007, 11:54 AM
either you are hungery or your thirsty

what are you macros for th day?

Cirino83
10-18-2007, 01:14 PM
I think he is asking what literally is happening to make you feel hungry...not why is he hungry.

Questor
10-18-2007, 02:52 PM
You're hungry because your body wants food. :newbie:

I've heard it's a blood sugar thing. Blood sugar plummets, body says "Red Alert! FEED ME".

gmen5681
10-18-2007, 06:06 PM
I think he is asking what literally is happening to make you feel hungry...not why is he hungry.

this is precisely what am asking.

as far as the newbie comment. that was really uncalled for, seeing how you dont know the answer yourself. im asking what biologically and neurologically is happening when you have the feeling of being hungry. there are some people that go all day without eating then eat like a bear at night. then there are others that eat like a baby bird all day. then there are folks like me that never have the feeling of fullness and are always hungry. but is it in my head, or is my body actually hungry? im looking for a more scientific approach to this question. not just "eat"

MMEI
10-18-2007, 06:56 PM
This is a complex question that can have many answers. From insulin, to ghrelin, to your limbic system, to your hypothalamus, to your blood sugar, to the receptors in your stomach, to the size of your stomach.

Evolutionarily, hunger is a concious signal that tells us we need food to feed our bodies; we need energy. Now, not so much.

Questor
10-19-2007, 10:27 AM
as far as the newbie comment. that was really uncalled for, seeing how you dont know the answer yourself.

Sorry, it was a joke you didn't appreciate.

How can I call you a newbie by saying "hungry means you're hungry"? The statement is ridiculous. You shouldn't have taken it seriously.

I gave my best answer after the joke was over.

And no I don't know the answer.

Have a nice day.

Torrok
10-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Evolutionarily, hunger is a concious signal that tells us we need food to feed our bodies; we need energy. Now, not so much.

there ya go, its a singal that keeps you alive so you dont starve urselft.
if you werent hungry, you wouldnt know when to eat, then you might accidently starve yourself and die.