PDA

View Full Version : Cardio AM - Workout PM

EMan
03-09-2002, 02:10 PM
Hey... i missed a day of workout this week... and this AM i did cardio.. if I go workout in the evening will that be OK? Anybody see any problem with this ? I NEVER usually do this i try to keep cardio and wout on separate days but today is an exception.. i'd really like to hit my chest and shoulders today

What do you guys think ?

beastin v6
03-09-2002, 03:30 PM
..I normally do cardio at 6am to 7 am..and go lift after school at 4:30pm..and i feel good..I dont find anything wrong with that! I just never do cardio the same day i squat...its me!

peace

notSoBig Guy
03-09-2002, 03:37 PM
I do 30 min. of cardio after I lift weights, 4 times a week. I have tried doing it in the morning on an empty stomach, but I can't, it's hell. I need food when I wake up.

EMan
03-09-2002, 03:41 PM
so i guess working out one time 7 hours after cardio won't kill my muscles then

Shocker
03-09-2002, 03:43 PM
probably not, however, if you are trying to grow maybe you should forget about the cardio until you are happy with your size.

Big Poppa SP
03-09-2002, 05:27 PM
Hey,

You want to alway do cardio 8 to 12 hours before or after your weight training workout. Because glycogen storage is non-existent when you wake up in the morning and do cardio on an empty stomach. I would drink a protein shake with no carbs 30 mins before your workouts. I do my cardio 7:00 A.M. and workout around 5 or 6 P.M. When you do cardio your release cortisol (catbolic hormone) that is released when you are doing cardiovascular. It is very important however that you supply your muscles with a carboydrate (dextrose) right after your workout. That will spike up your insulin, and then drink a protein drink about 20-30 mins afterwards. In summary just space your cardiovascular out and weight training. I would not recommend you do your cardiovascular workout right before or after because your muscle tissue needs that carbs and protein right afterwards. You do not want to be in a catabolic state where your body will use muscle tissue as energy. Hope I helped

Big Poppa Steve

beastin v6
03-09-2002, 05:30 PM
bumb on that..well said!