PDA

View Full Version : Should I wait to bulk?

chrisaz
10-18-2007, 04:27 AM
This is my first post here, but I have read these forums for a while. I started lifting routinely last summer. I managed to bulk up quite a bit in the process, but I was overweight before I started to work out, so my results were rewarding, but I knew I needed to get to a healthier weight.

Before I started my cut in February this year I was 263lbs at 5' 8". I continued to work out until May of this year, and then I stopped completely since my calorie intake was making it very difficult to work out. I am currently at 162 lbs, my waist is down to 32.5 inches(it was 40 before), but I am still not happy with my appearence. I estimate my bf to be around 16-17%.

I think if I keep cutting, I will just lose more muscle, so what should I do at this point? I would like to start some serious lifting, but I want to put on lean muscle, and lose the remainder of my gut. My chest could use some muscle tone too. I just worry about increasing calorie intake, and gaining fat. I currently consume 2000-2300 cal a day. I was eating 1600-1700 when I was losing weight.

Does anyone have a good stack I can use to help with my workout? What foods should I stay away from, besides the obvious sugar and junk foods?

mikey4402
10-18-2007, 09:43 AM
wow at 5'8" and 162lbs you are still at 16% bodyfat, that seem a bit high.

i say bulk

Adam
10-18-2007, 09:49 AM
check out this thread, in particular the link in it 'what a bodybuilder eats'
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=99119

RhodeHouse
10-18-2007, 11:21 AM

i say bulk

16% BF is normal to low. You guys have no idea what you're talking about. He's just training now to lose weight, not to step on stage. 18-24% is normal. You're fine. What concerns me is that you're under 200lbs. Definately gain weight.

mikey4402
10-18-2007, 11:45 AM
16% BF is normal to low. You guys have no idea what you're talking about. He's just training now to lose weight, not to step on stage. 18-24% is normal. You're fine. What concerns me is that you're under 200lbs. Definately gain weight.

I dont really know how much someon should weight at 5'8", since i havnt been that small since elementary school. I was thinking 162lbs was pretty skinny at 5'8".

If i dont know what im talking about, then neither do you. We both agreed that he should bulk:scratch:

Big-E
10-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Good to hear that you lost all that weight, try and get some pics up because 162 does seem to be low.

chrisaz
10-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Here is a link to pictures from today. I plan to start my routine with only two days a week. One for legs and back, and the other for chest shoulders and arms. I am debating whether creatine mono would benefit me right now. I know it worked wonders when I was at 263.

As far as photos, check out username aic1977 folder ch on photobucket. I can't post links, since I don't have a large enough post count.

chrisaz
10-18-2007, 04:49 PM

i say bulk

Yes I agree, that my bf% is still higher than I expected to be at this weight.

hulkinout
10-18-2007, 05:04 PM
All I could find were a bunch of car photos. I don't think your folder's public. Paste the url for the link in a message.

chrisaz
10-18-2007, 05:18 PM
All I could find were a bunch of car photos. I don't think your folder's public. Paste the url for the link in a message.

go to the sub album marked 'ch', I can't post links until I have 10 posts.

mikey4402
10-19-2007, 01:26 AM
Here is a link to pictures from today. I plan to start my routine with only two days a week. One for legs and back, and the other for chest shoulders and arms. I am debating whether creatine mono would benefit me right now. I know it worked wonders when I was at 263.

As far as photos, check out username aic1977 folder ch on photobucket. I can't post links, since I don't have a large enough post count.

i wouldnt worry about supplements like creatine right now. If you want to invest in a supplement then look into a protien powder ON makes a great tasting and easy mixing all whey protien poweder, and ALN makes a great protein blend.

may i ask what benifits you feel your recieved from supplementing with creatine while at 263?