PDA

View Full Version : Eggs

BigBossMan
10-18-2007, 08:31 AM
I just wondering because I know that eggs are supposedly bad for cholesterol. I eat about six whole eggs every single day.

Is this too many. Should I reduce the amount. I know that they are fairly loaded with some good fats.

MMEI
10-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Q: Are whole eggs okay or should I stick to only egg whites?

A: Only dorks eat egg whites. You see these diets in the muscle magazines; they always list egg whites and oatmeal for their bull**** breakfasts. Well, if you took four Sustanons between every meal and seventeen Anadrols per hour, well, you could eat anything you wanted!

A guy training naturally needs whole eggs. What about the reported health concerns? Well, the studies that showed eating eggs raised cholesterol were done by the cereal board. And back then they didn't differentiate between the types of cholesterol, so the studies were invalid. Eggs can raise cholesterol HDL, the good cholesterol.

The only caveat with eggs is that you can become allergic to them if you eat two or three every day. I saw this when I used to run a lot of food allergy tests. Stop eating eggs for six weeks and the allergy will disappear, then you can eat twelve every five days. Hey, if you're going to have them, don't be a pansy.

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1754646&cr=bodybuilding

drew
10-18-2007, 08:36 AM
It's fine.

Get your cholesterol checked regularly.

Keith
10-18-2007, 08:38 AM
6 whole eggs? Pfft, don't sweat it. You'll be fine.

Cirino83
10-18-2007, 08:54 AM
They may cause a concern for someone with an already existing high cholesterol. But you should be fine.

BigBossMan
10-18-2007, 09:15 AM
Cool, thanks everyone...I freaking love eggs!!!:burger:

hulkinout
10-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Is anyone doing the raw egg thing anymore? Cooked eggs have a habit of making me nauseous as hell (unless maybe someone has a suggestion or a recipe to help that).

Keith
10-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Is anyone doing the raw egg thing anymore? Cooked eggs have a habit of making me nauseous as hell (unless maybe someone has a suggestion or a recipe to help that).

How do you cook them?

I scramble 4 whole eggs and a half a carton of egg whites. Not sure the amount but it probably works out to an additional 8 egg whites on top of that.
I used to do the boiled egg thing but I started gagging off that. I've kept with scramble now for a very long time and still not completely sick of it. Just put a bit of ketchup and salt on it.

mikey4402
10-18-2007, 09:35 AM
How do you cook them?

I scramble 4 whole eggs and a half a carton of egg whites. Not sure the amount but it probably works out to an additional 8 egg whites on top of that.
I used to do the boiled egg thing but I started gagging off that. I've kept with scramble now for a very long time and still not completely sick of it. Just put a bit of ketchup and salt on it.

Ugh your one of thouse people,my sis and dad eat eggs like that. Ketchup on eggs makes me want to vomit .

hulkinout
10-18-2007, 09:40 AM
How do you cook them?

Scrambled, sunnyside up, poached, hard-boiled, soft-boiled, you name it. Something about them cooked gets to me, although I can eat foods that contain eggs in them, just not eggs solo.

tigo
10-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Scrambled, sunnyside up, poached, hard-boiled, soft-boiled, you name it. Something about them cooked gets to me, although I can eat foods that contain eggs in them, just not eggs solo.

make an omlette or a scramble then. and put LOTS of toppings :)

jalapenos cheese mushrooms ham more cheese bell peppers onions bacon sausage. MMMMMMMM i miss america :(

matanyo
10-18-2007, 09:51 AM
eggs are delicious
cook them with garlic, patatos, basil
and sourdough toast
so good

Keith
10-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Ugh your one of thouse people,my sis and dad eat eggs like that. Ketchup on eggs makes me want to vomit .

One of them? I get that a lot. A ton of people can't stand ketchup on eggs. I love ketchup and probably always will. I can't go without it on eggs.

I've tried them all too. I did poached for a long time as well. If you've tried it all, well, you've tried it all. A lot of people just don't like eggs. I don't really have very many recipes with eggs except boiled eggs in salad. I also tried, bare with me, eggs and natty PB mixed together. It's actually surprisingly really good! I took a swig of water with every bite, though. It's tough and sticky to put down alone.

hulkinout
10-18-2007, 10:00 AM
I've tried them all too. I did poached for a long time as well. If you've tried it all, well, you've tried it all. A lot of people just don't like eggs. I don't really have very many recipes with eggs except boiled eggs in salad. I also tried, bare with me, eggs and natty PB mixed together. It's actually surprisingly really good! I took a swig of water with every bite, though. It's tough and sticky to put down alone.

That's why I usually just chug em raw. For some odd reason, I can tolerate them fine that way, and no food poisoning in all these years (knock wood).

Keith
10-18-2007, 10:16 AM
That's why I usually just chug em raw. For some odd reason, I can tolerate them fine that way, and no food poisoning in all these years (knock wood).

Uggghhh, I don't know how you prefer to chug it back as opposed to cooking them.

They say about 1 in every 20 000 eggs there's a trace of Salmonella. So yeah, not surprising.

hulkinout
10-18-2007, 10:21 AM
Uggghhh, I don't know how you prefer to chug it back as opposed to cooking them.

'cos I'm DA HULK! :evillaugh:

BBB
10-18-2007, 12:29 PM
I http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/h/heart.gif http://www.comicguide.net/images/smilies/eier.gif.

Big-E
10-18-2007, 12:41 PM
'cos I'm DA HULK! :evillaugh:

How about the Italian Stallion? I hear Rocky enjoys his eggs raw too!

I can't eat raw eggs but I'll eat them any other way (cooked)

Cirino83
10-18-2007, 01:06 PM
I http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/h/heart.gif http://www.comicguide.net/images/smilies/eier.gif.

hahahahah me2 :)

RinkerxX
10-18-2007, 02:32 PM
I eat a TON of eggs its the yolk thats bad for you, If you eat egg whites you could eat like 5 dozen.

Stumprrp
10-18-2007, 02:40 PM
eggs are fine for you, the whole thing, and one of the BEST foods for lifters.

BBB
10-18-2007, 02:45 PM
I eat a TON of eggs its the yolk thats bad for you, If you eat egg whites you could eat like 5 dozen.

Egg yolks are not bad for you. Besides which - plain egg whites taste like shyt imo.