PDA

View Full Version : Lamb

growthrep
10-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Got some lamb chops marinating in a rub of olive oil, salt, garlic powder and fresh chopped rosemary for the grill tonight. Would love to hear other lamb recipes. Crazy about this forgotten meat.

RedSpikeyThing
10-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Rosemary is pretty much the best thing you can put on lamb. I like to do a roast with garlic under the skin too.
Also, fresh mint leaves are great.

redFury
10-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Lamb is one of the best tasting meats IMO... grill er up!

growthrep
10-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Guys, just reporting back to tell you this is definitely my favorite meat. It's flavor is so intense. The rosemary was the perfect complement to the savory flavor. Might grill some more tonight.

cphafner
10-20-2007, 08:19 AM
I did rosemary, dill, basil, salt, and pepper. I grilled it in a pan of olive oil for a few minutes on each side and then finished it off for a few minutes in the oven.

I then made a balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, and shallots reduction to top it off.

Couple with a bottle of pinot noir and you are in business.

http://food.yahoo.com/recipes/allrecipes/74037/lamb-chops-with-balsamic-reduction

growthrep
10-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Sounds delightful!!!!

hulkinout
10-20-2007, 09:40 AM
I use a very similar marinade: olive oil, fresh garlic, rosemary and onion. Keep em in the fridge overnight.

Right before serving, I squirt em with lemon juice. Feta or goat cheese goes terrific with lamb too.

In fact, if you can find chopped lamb, you can make great burgers. Serve with on a toasted ciabatta or peasant bread with feta and/or garlic butter.

Like I've said before, lamb is essential to us Greeks' diets.

OPA! *jumps up and clicks heels*

growthrep
10-20-2007, 09:42 AM
I think lamb will be an item on this Irishman's grocery list from now on. LOL! Thanks, hulk.

RedSpikeyThing
10-20-2007, 10:03 AM
In fact, if you can find chopped lamb, you can make great burgers. Serve with on a toasted ciabatta or peasant bread with feta and/or garlic butter.

:drooling:

Built
10-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Gaaaaah all these men who can cook.

I love lamb. Did anyone mention lemon? I grind up elephant garlic with olive oil, rosemary, a little oregano and or marjoram, fresh black pepper and lemon juice, slather it on lamb loin chops and broil for 3 minutes a side. Salt after they're cooked and devour while the juices run down your chin.

Lamb's amazing. The FAT on it is beautiful stuff.

hulkinout
10-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Did anyone mention lemon?

Right before serving, I squirt em with lemon juice. Feta or goat cheese goes terrific with lamb too.

Like I've said before, lamb is essential to us Greeks' diets.

OPA! *jumps up and clicks heels*

It's best to add the lemon at the end since it has a tendency to dry things out.

Built
10-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Noted. Although with loin chops, they're so fatty and are cooked so briefly, they don't really have a chance to dry out.

I love Greek food. Especially galactobourico gaaaahhh :drooling:

hulkinout
10-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Noted. Although with loin chops, they're so fatty and are cooked so briefly, they don't really have a chance to dry out.

I love Greek food. Especially galactobourico gaaaahhh :drooling:

Now that one doesn't sound familiar to me...

I'd be happy to post some more recipes if people would like...

Built
10-21-2007, 12:45 AM
It's a dessert. Phillo filled with semolina custard and drenched in syrup.

It's served with a side of slin.

hulkinout
10-21-2007, 08:52 AM
It's a dessert. Phillo filled with semolina custard and drenched in syrup.

It's served with a side of slin.

Sounds like baklava with cream instead of nuts.

RedSpikeyThing
10-21-2007, 09:49 AM
I'd be happy to post some more recipes if people would like...

I'm dying for some Greek food over here, please post some recipies!

Built
10-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Sounds like baklava with cream instead of nuts.

Basically. The semolina gives it a nice texture.