PDA

View Full Version : I think Ive got it!!!!

BFGUITAR
10-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Well today was ME bench again. My record is 185 (barely though, the bar paused for 3-4 seconds halfway before it came up).

I loaded up about 178 and was going to do 2 reps. I didnt want to do more only because I wanted to get get my technique down at heavier weight... basically practice. I asked my spotter NOT TO TOUCH THE BAR UNLESS I TELL HIM TO. Hes like ok....

First rep went well, second went up halfway where I paused a BIT only to have him come by and touch it up. I was kind of pissed, but overall it was a success as I wasnt going for a record but rather practice technique.
I did it again, but for one rep. This time the weight just FLEW up like it was nothing. I could have gone for more but I felt like it was enough
I think I made a breakthrough in my bench as that last rep went up pretty easy.

Tell me if im doing it wrong but this is what happened... The bar went down at a moderate pace. Right when it hit my upper abs I exploded up. At about the halfway point I felt it slow down, but pulled my elbows in slightly and my tris were engaged (which was something Ive never felt before during bench). The weight came up easy at that point. I never realized that you could break down bench technique in such a way.

I felt a lot more comfortable with that weight and am pretty sure ill FINALLY hit 200 in a month.

I also did a DB snatch of 85 pounds, a new PR as well :)

redFury
10-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Thats awesome man... congrats! Sounds like your on the right track now to get to 200.

brihead301
10-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Nice man. It's a good feeling when that happens

vdizenzo
10-19-2007, 04:25 AM
Sounds like a perfect bench to me. Congrats. 200 is yours!

Ryano
10-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Congrats. PR's always put a smile on your face that lasts all week.