PDA

View Full Version : Acid Reflex Problem

Giovanna360
10-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Hey,

All summer I had the ability to eat pretty much whatever I wanted. I was living with my father and he was paying for all the food I got for his place. I ate tons of meat and usually several eggs a day. Im now at school and my diet has changed dramatically. I have much less freedom in what I eat, as i do not have the time to put into always having the best food. I try to get protein daily but eat a lot more breads and crap (dominos almost every single day at least once). I dont eat any eggs anymore.

When I eat, about 80% of the time, a short while after I finish, I have very bad burning pains in my chest. Im pretty sure it's acid reflex but have no idea. What can I do for this? I try and take acid blockers but its only a band-aid. Also, why is this happening? Thanks.

Giovanna360
10-24-2007, 09:49 AM
anyone?

drew
10-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Junk food will do that to you. Drink lots of water and eat as many fresh vegetables as you can. I also eat a cup of yogurt if it's really bothering me, this seems to settle things down.

jdeity
10-30-2007, 09:34 AM
if that's not working you could just have issues like reflux that won't go away, that's my situation. ~20mg ed of magnesium omeprazole (brand name prilosec if you want to pay out the ass for it) works for me, I try everyday but usually only 5 days a week. It recommends 2 week periods but my docs have given the ok to stay on indefinitely. I order it crazy cheap in bulk from india I think it is, then sometimes just get bulk prilosec from ebay.

good luck I know how bad that can suck, if I miss a few days in a row my chest will be on fire.