PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Meal Replacement?

PumpHouse
10-21-2007, 07:13 PM
After recently reading an article on WBB by Tony Gentilcore, I used his formula on "maintence intake" (articles I have been reading are great might I add, thanks WBB). He states that you should take your weight (176)x 15-18 depending on how lean you are. After that, he states to try and work up to adding another 500 calories too this. I calculated, 176x17=2992 calories a day (without adding the extra 500). I'm having trouble reaching this target. I work at a hospital and have the privilege of getting the price for 2 products that they would pay for it (drastically cheaper than store prices). One product I can come across is "Boost Plus". This has: 360 cals/ 14g fat/45g carbs/14g protein. The other one that I can get is "Ensure Plus" which has : 260cals//6g fat/40g carbs/ 11g protein. Their prices are almost similar (can get 24 8oz cans for about $5.50). I can post all the nutritional facts if needed, but I am asking would one of these be considered a good Meal Replacement? I currently get 3 solid meals but struggle in between them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Kevin (Rookie just starting to learn about Diet and Nutrition)

Paul Stagg
10-22-2007, 06:10 AM
I think there are much better meal replacement products out there. Look for something with way more protein in it.

Take a look at the At Large website, either Opticen or Maximus.

PumpHouse
10-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Thanks Paul for the advice. I'm currently reading the reviews for those products and will also be figuring out how many calories im falling short as they are drastically different from one another in calories per serving.

Kevin

krboyd7
10-23-2007, 08:34 AM
You could always pre-mix your own shake in the morning to have l8r in the day.
Eg 2scoops protein
milk/water
p.butter
wholegrain oats
honey?