PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to RHODESTOWN

RhodeHouse
10-21-2007, 10:01 PM
We will not be drinking Kool-aid. Rather, Liquid D-Bol in Gatorade, EVERYDAY!

I feel it's time to elevate my god-like status to that of cult leader. My followers are growing in numbers. This is a message for those who choose to listen, and a warning for those that do not. And, I am the one to bring this message. A message of hope.

Here are some of the basic requirements of membership in the cult:

1. You MUST be at least 275lbs, regardless of height

2. amendment to #2 - if you are not 275, you must REALLY want to be and you MUST be trying REALLY hard to get there

3. You must be happy when someone refers to you as "fat"

4. Progress Reports (stretch marks, to the non-cult member) are absolutely necessary

5. Sweating ALL the time, regardless of temperature is required and graded

6. You must have trouble wiping your ass and are willing to deal with it if you cannot finish the job properly

7. You DON'T have to take off your shirt to looked jacked. If there is any question, you're out

8. Visible abs are severly frowned upon

9. amendment to #8 - the top 2 can be out, but no more!

10. You must believe and put into practice that McDonald's is the perfect pre-workout food

11. You count PR's and 45lb plates, ONLY!

12. You must be willing to have a "fat-off" (like a flex-off) to see who has more bodyfat

13. You can ONLY measure your:
- neck
- belly at bellybutton
- and hips
Noone cares about how big your biceps are.

14. Addition to #13 - your neck must be bigger than your head. The nickname, "Stack of Dimes" is not cool

15. You must use 45lb and 25lb plates only. "Dimes, nickels, and chips are for chicks." -Dave Tate

16. If you ask, "How much do the chains weigh?" or, "How much tension does that band give?" you will be beaten, badly.

17. Under Armour or any form-fitting shirts are banned

18. If you are wearing a sleeveless shirt and hear, "You have a string hanging from your shirt." Put on a shirt with sleeves. The next part of that question is, "Oh, sorry. Those are your arms."

19. No one follows Prilipin's chart or calculates percentages - SMASH F@CKING WEIGHTS!

20. If you miss a weight in training, you will hear, "2 MORE REPS!" as the bar is being pulled off you

21. You must not put anything in your mouth that doesn't have calories in it

22. Amendment to #21 - your girlfriend/boyfriend is ok

23. You WILL be sodomized by all members of the cult upon acceptance. We will be wearing condoms and using Capsacin as lube. We do not provide mouthpieces so bring your own

24. If you are gay, that's totally cool. But, you must divulge this information so that when we are insulting each other and saying, "you're so gay, dude." we can make sure to say, "you're so hetero, dude." to you. If we are insulting, we want to make sure everyone's feelings are hurt.

25. If you have veins that are visible, other than in your penis, the Council of Fatties will have to determine if you still can be considered for acceptance

26. While training for a contest, you can ONLY gain weight. We in RHODESTOWN do not cut weight

27. There is no cutting/bulking season. It's a perpetual bulk. And we don't call it a bulk. It will be refered to as "getting jacked" or "getting fat"

28. Amendment to #27 - if health concerns arise, they must be brought to the attention of the Council of Fatties. If the Council cannot come to a decision, the final call will be made by Jabba the Hutt. His decision is final!

29. If you can see your cheek bones, collar bones, jaw bone, you need to start eating McDonald's for every meal until the problem is solved

30. It is looked upon with great reverance if your cholesterol is higher than your bodyweight.

31. You must retain water at all times

32. It is preferred that your blood pressure is high by medical standards. You must not care. Noone needs to live forever. We are here to SFW!

33. No food is to be left on your plate. If you throw up in your mouth, swallow it back down, and continue eating, you will excel here in RHODESTOWN.

34. Amendments to #30 and #32 - you may take the appropriate medications to control the problems. However, NO CHANGE IN DIET WILL BE ALLOWED! NO WEIGHT LOSS WILL BE ALLOWED, unless deemed acceptable by Jabba Himself.

35. You must find Tranny's hot

36. No more than 3 days per week or 12 days per month of cardio.

37. Amendment to #36 - sex doesn't count as cardio, but, you MUST be on the bottom. If you change positions, please videotape it so we can learn how it's done. Then, go to the refrigerator and start eating. There is NO REASON TO NOT BE ON THE BOTTOM! If you can/want to change positions, you're not big enough.

38. Absolutely NO Red Sox or Patriots fans. You people are so retahded and I can't stand the accent or ignorance. Get in youah cah and get the F@CK OUT!

39. We in RHODESTOWN are Dallas Cowboys fans. We do not recognize other sports

40. Sleep Apnea is preferred. However, we do recommend that you get a CPAP.

41. If you are hungry, EAT. If you are not hungry, EAT. It's that simple

42. Flip flops are to be worn year-round regardless of climate. If you can/want to put on and tie shoes, you must refer back to #41 and #1

43. Fat, bloated , and strong is the ONLY way to go thru life

44. Glenn Ross, Vasily Alexyev, Zadrunas Savikas, William "The Refrigerator" Perry, Nate "The Kitchen" Newton, Johnny Perry, OD Wilson, and Fat Bastard from Austin Powers are to be refered to as "beautiful". Others that fit the mold are to be refered to in a like manner.

45. You must put butter on everything you eat. Crisco is better.

46. There are no medical or dental benefits, but you will receive a free haircut

If you have concerns or questions, you're probably not going to be accepted. Do not try to deceive us here in RHODESTOWN. We will know if there are non-believers in our midst. You will be punished!

-your leader, Matt Rhodes

Disclaimer: I have the final word on acceptance into RHODESTOWN. If you are not accepted, you will be killed and eaten. Nothing will deter us from our mission to rid the world of Metrosexuals, Health Clubs, counting calories, maintenance diets, lifting to look good/get chicks, and prejudice towards others.

TommyBoy
10-21-2007, 10:26 PM
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Would you like photographic evidence of my status Oh Bloated One...?

RhodeHouse
10-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Mr. Boy - you are in and you know it! You think the way we here in RHODESTOWN think. You believe what we believe. You are welcome here.

Sidior
10-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Right in the midst of bulking to 270. I like your ideas big guy.

RhodeHouse
10-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Another disciple. I am proud! I will lead you to the promised land.

Drink the Gatorade

Leeman
10-21-2007, 11:13 PM
Count me in!

redFury
10-21-2007, 11:23 PM
:swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: I can't do half of these rules... perhaps I'll have a chance as the village idiot in RHODESTOWN....

TommyBoy
10-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Mr. Boy - you are in and you know it! You think the way we here in RHODESTOWN think. You believe what we believe. You are welcome here.Many thanks brother. And now, we pray to our god: http://www.wendys.com/images/product_lrg/4.png

Stumprrp
10-22-2007, 02:14 AM
all hail

Lones Green
10-22-2007, 04:47 AM
that was the best thing i've ever read, especially at 5:30 am while eating a ham and egg melt, bowl of oatmeal, and a met-rx shake. RHODESTOWN FOR LIFE.

Lones Green
10-22-2007, 05:11 AM
also, i'm going to be thinking about more worthy of adding to that list at work all day.

vdizenzo
10-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Can I join?

bill
10-22-2007, 08:02 AM
Although I fit many of the descriptions. I've been having some sinful thoughts of being seeing the top two abs, and I'm only 238! Pray for me

drew
10-22-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm not qualified, as you know, based on the first rule. However, as you also know, I make a good lackey. Or at the very least a toadie.

Beno79
10-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Obviously I'm not eligible for membership to this all mighty cult...but quick question about point 5:

As I increasingly gain weight my core body temperature seems to permanently be on overdrive, always hot, always slightly sweaty! Compared to a regular persons body temp anyway!

Im never cold, always roasting...I take it this is the norm in RHODESTOWN?

Lones Green
10-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Obviously I'm not eligible for membership to this all mighty cult...but quick question about point 5:

As I increasingly gain weight my core body temperature seems to permanently be on overdrive, always hot, always slightly sweaty! Compared to a regular persons body temp anyway!

Im never cold, always roasting...I take it this is the norm in RHODESTOWN?

yes it is. congratulations, you can cross off one of the above requirements.

Lones Green
10-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Can I join?

this is not even a question, yes, yes, and yes.

brihead301
10-22-2007, 09:06 AM
WHOAA, wait just one minute there.....Dallas Cowboys SUCKKKK!!!!!!

GO EAGLES!!!!

(everything else is fine though)

Stumprrp
10-22-2007, 10:06 AM
give me a few years to get to 270ish though without having a stroke, im already ready to have one at 225, haha.

says the man who has his girlfriends mom's pepperoni and cheese calzone for breakfast with a protein shake and cup o joe, HELL YEAH.

RhodeHouse
10-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Sorry Bri - we will be eating you, now. Probably as an appetizer, but nevertheless. No blasphemers will be tolerated. All hail America's Team.

Eagles look real good this year

brihead301
10-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Sorry Bri - we will be eating you, now. Probably as an appetizer, but nevertheless. No blasphemers will be tolerated. All hail America's Team.

Eagles look real good this year

Hahaha, I'm not gonna lie, they do suck this year, but I'll stick by them through their ups and downs. Dallas still sucks, they always have, and they always will.

Sorry bro, I would never join a Dallas fans :bang: cult anyway.

You have some nice lifts though.

Bob
10-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Dang it... until #39 I was hoping to be a member...
But F' a CowGirl fan...
Nov. 11th - Rhodestown burns down... GIANTS!!

Otherwise.. looks like a great place to live...

RhodeHouse
10-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Giants fan? Are you in NY or NJ?

ALL of the rules don't have to be followed to the letter. There is some leeway given, with the exception of Patriots and Red Sox fans.

chris mason
10-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Lol, big men unite!

Bob
10-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Giants fan? Are you in NY or NJ?

ALL of the rules don't have to be followed to the letter. There is some leeway given, with the exception of Patriots and Red Sox fans.
I'm in NH... but I grew up in upstate NY!!
Giants and Bills were my choices.. the Jets were too Metro for us farmers...

Unfortunately now.. I'm in the middle of all that Patriot and Red Sox sickness... I too hate them, but none of the fathers in neighborhood dare say a negative thing when I wear my Giants gear to the school bus stop... b/c they would otherwise know I would most likely eat them for my 3rd breakfast... lol

Although Rhodes I was up @ 280 a couple years ago... I can only dream about still coming to Rhodestown now.. dang doc worried my wife, mother died young... so I'm on my way down to 220... so I've have to be one of those poor beggars on the outside of the castle gates looking for food scaps.. so if there are any extra bacon slices off that baconator, throw them out this way please.

Cirino83
10-23-2007, 01:59 PM
LOL at most of the rules.

but....whoa whoa whoa

38. Absolutely NO Red Sox or Patriots fans. You people are so retahded and I can't stand the accent or ignorance. Get in youah cah and get the F@CK OUT!
:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Cirino83
10-23-2007, 07:03 PM
you actually do a pretty good boston accent lol.

our accents may sound weird to some.....but OUR SPORTS TEAMS ARE ALL ON TOP THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes I realize that Brady should be wearing a dress on teh field but he is rich, gets hotttttt chicks and is the best qb in football :)

sharkall2003
10-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Rhodes, I've backed you up the entire time. I think I belong in this group. I'm not 275, but I am 215. I lift heavy, and I train hard. Not to mention I have a kick ass dog, and I don't have long hair. And I make fun of people.

I'm not really heavy because I have pretty bad asthma, but I DON'T take medication. And I have elevated cholesterol levels. So, I have to eat healthy. However, I'm a lifter for life!:shoot: :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

I'm not a douchbag Patriots fan. And I don't like Boston.

I'm a Yooper. So, I say "Eh" a lot and I'll be the bodyguard. Yoopers drink a lot of beer, eat steak and have potatoes.

Bako Lifter
10-23-2007, 09:38 PM
I will offer myself to Rhodestown.

Do what you will with me. As long as I can come in, haha!

I gained 17 lbs in one month!!!

deeder
10-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Anyone watch Family Guy? Specifically the "Fat Guy Strangler" episode?

This thread reminds me of that episode. A whole bunch of fat guys sitting around wheezing and farting... Lemme try to find a youtube vid of it.

EDIT:

Check it out! (http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1691404348957558708&q=%22family+guy%22+fat+meeting&total=5&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0)

RhodeHouse
10-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Many points to cover here:

Family Guy post is AWESOME! That's what it should be like at a meet. At least that's Vincent, TT, E-Bol, and myself at a meet in the hotel room. CLASSIC!

Cirino - PEYTON MANNING, nuff said! Tom Brady couldn't hold Peyton's jock strap. I wouldn't even let him be the guy that squirts water into Peyton's mouth during time-outs. Brady does bang hot chicks, though. No doubt. I wish I was good-looking like him.
you
BTW, I'm from Springfield, MA, originally. Gonna be in Beantown this weekend at the EliteFTS seminar. It'll be a wicked pissah, guy!

Shark - are REALLY TRYING to get big? Vincent has asthma and he was 328. We do need dedicated cult members. This is a cult, not a club. We have an agenda.

Bako - 4 Bako shakes per day plus food will fatten you up.

Lones Green
10-24-2007, 04:40 AM
peyton manning played for UT before he went to the colts, UT is in my city. watched him play so many times, the man is bad@ss.

NickW
10-24-2007, 04:49 AM
Peyton Manning is the best damn QB in the game, and could end up being the best in history!

I would also like to join the group.

Cirino83
10-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Peyton Manning is the best damn QB in the game, and could end up being the best in history!

I would also like to join the group.

Have you watched Brady this year? And last...and the year before...and before?

And have you you seen him this year? 27 tds 2 picks and ALOT of yards. Not too shabby. Manning.... pfft

Shark why do you hate Patriots? Because they are a dynasty? And why do you hate Boston, because we have established cities, buildings, not all dirt roads/farms and don't make cheese? :french:

NickW
10-24-2007, 09:07 AM
Have you watched Brady this year? And last...and the year before...and before?

And have you you seen him this year? 27 tds 2 picks and ALOT of yards. Not too shabby. Manning.... pfft

Shark why do you hate Patriots? Because they are a dynasty? And why do you hate Boston, because we have established cities, buildings, not all dirt roads/farms and don't make cheese? :french:

I guess we will just have to wait and watch the Colts vs. Pats (of course the Colts will win) to see who the better QB is.

brihead301
10-24-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm gonna have agree that Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL. He puts Brady girl to shame.

RhodeHouse
10-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Dynasty? There is only one true Dynasty. Which team has been to the Super Bowl more times than any other team in the NFL? Which team has won more Super Bowls than any other team in the NFL? (tied w/2 other teams)

America's Team - The Dallas Cowboys. BTW - Back in the late 70's early 80's, the Cowboys nicknamed themselves, and it stuck. That's bada$$.

Brady is a system QB. He fits into the system that the Patriots run. It works for him, obviously.

Peyton Manning IS the system.

Take Tom Brady away from the Patriots and they fit someone else in. Maybe not as good, but a fit nonetheless.

Take Peyton away from the Colts - no one can fill his shoes.

I can't even write little brady's name in the same sentence with the greatest QB in the History of the NFL.

I'm psyched for the World Series, eventhough I'm not a baseball fan. There's gonna be a lot of suicides this year in Boston when the Rockies win. So many men killing themselves because their Sox lost, leaving so many unsatisfied wives and girlfriends single.

vdizenzo
10-24-2007, 10:34 AM
I don't know why we are spending so much time on all of those "whey" quarterbacks when we should be talking about the very macho offensive lineman. When I was a scrawny kid I never wanted to be the quarterback or running back. I always wanted to be the o-lineman with the big arms and big guts. I used to love the old days when they would cut their shirts in college. There is nothing like seeing an unashamed lineman with his gut hanging out.

RhodeHouse
10-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Hell yeah, Cenzo. That's how I'm gonna roll at the contest. Half shirt, belly out!

Cirino83
10-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Dynasty? There is only one true Dynasty. Which team has been to the Super Bowl more times than any other team in the NFL? Which team has won more Super Bowls than any other team in the NFL? (tied w/2 other teams)

America's Team - The Dallas Cowboys. BTW - Back in the late 70's early 80's, the Cowboys nicknamed themselves, and it stuck. That's bada$$.

Brady is a system QB. He fits into the system that the Patriots run. It works for him, obviously.

Peyton Manning IS the system.

Take Tom Brady away from the Patriots and they fit someone else in. Maybe not as good, but a fit nonetheless.

Take Peyton away from the Colts - no one can fill his shoes.

I can't even write little brady's name in the same sentence with Peyton's.

I'm psyched for the World Series, eventhough I'm not a baseball fan. There's gonna be a lot of suicides this year in Boston when the Rockies win. So many men killing themselves because their Sox lost, leaving so many unsatisfied wives and girlfriends single.

I'm not saying Manning isn't the 2nd best qb right now, but it mainly has to do with the chemistry he has with his receivers. It's like he could throw a ball and Harrison would turn around and catch it. They are one mind, thats how good they work together. Not to mention their other weapons like Wayne and Clark that he's been throwing too for god knows how long.

butttttt

Brady was good last year, not Manning good, but look at his receivers. Reche caldwell and Jabar gaffney. Are you kidding me? Now that Brady has some (alot) of weapons he can show his true colors with his pocket presence and precision passing, therefore greatly overshadowing the soon to be ex td record holder.

LOL at the suicides in Boston.

RhodeHouse
10-24-2007, 10:56 AM
You're wrong! I have spoken!

Stumprrp
10-24-2007, 11:10 AM
forget boring quarterbacks, lets talk earl campbell!

Guido
10-24-2007, 12:03 PM
I can not be a Cowboys fan. Bears all the way. Da Bears are the home of Dick Butkus, Ray Neitchke, Jim Grabowski, Mike Ditka, and The Fridge, all Rhodestown candidates if I ever saw them. Not to mention the Superfans who all weigh 300lbs and eat nothing but cheese fries, polish sausage, and wings all day while reminiscing about about the greatest defense in the history of teh NFL, that of the '85 Bears. Does that mean I'm out? Oh yeah, those same Bears and their coach started the NFL, and have won more NFL championships than any other team besides Green Bay, even if only one Superbowl.

I also can't stand McDonalds. I have gained 65lbs since I started lifting 3 years ago, though, so that's something.

RhodeHouse
10-24-2007, 12:08 PM
You had a VERY strong argument until the McDonald's comment. But, followed it up well with the 65lb weight gain.

Other fast food chains you like?
Wendy's
Burger King
Taco Bell... anything like that? If not, I'll have to consult the Council of the Fatties.

Oh, and don't tell me Brian Urlacher is a stud.

brihead301
10-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Hmmm, McDonald's sux, BK is okay....Taco Bell is the s*** though. If taco bell ever shut down, I think I'd commit suicide.

drew
10-24-2007, 01:13 PM
We went to McDonald's on Friday night after training. Brian and Gary each got a cheeseburger, small fries and a powerade. I got 3 double cheeseburgers and a Coke.

Those guys have so much to learn.

TommyBoy
10-24-2007, 01:21 PM
We went to McDonald's on Friday night after training. Brian and Gary each got a cheeseburger, small fries and a powerade. I got 3 double cheeseburgers and a Coke.

Those guys have so much to learn.Last week, friday night dinner: 4 big macs, 1 supersize fries, 10 piece mcnuggets and a diet coke. My girlfriend couldn't eat very much, so I then ate: 6 more mcnuggets, 1 cheeseburger, half of her supersize fries.

Then I had a hankerin' for some pizza, so I ate a large pepperoni & sausage before bed.

brihead301
10-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Last week, friday night dinner: 4 big macs, 1 supersize fries, 10 piece mcnuggets and a diet coke. My girlfriend couldn't eat very much, so I then ate: 6 more mcnuggets, 1 cheeseburger, half of her supersize fries.

Then I had a hankerin' for some pizza, so I ate a large pepperoni & sausage before bed.

Nice!

Guido
10-24-2007, 04:56 PM
You had a VERY strong argument until the McDonald's comment. But, followed it up well with the 65lb weight gain.

Other fast food chains you like?
Wendy's
Burger King
Taco Bell... anything like that? If not, I'll have to consult the Council of the Fatties.

Oh, and don't tell me Brian Urlacher is a stud.I'm a big Arby's fan, myself. Wendy's is also good. Hardees thickburger = heaven on earth, even though I shart from it later.

Magilla
10-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Last week, friday night dinner: 4 big macs, 1 supersize fries, 10 piece mcnuggets and a diet coke. My girlfriend couldn't eat very much, so I then ate: 6 more mcnuggets, 1 cheeseburger, half of her supersize fries.

That is an amazing feat of eating.

TommyBoy
10-24-2007, 06:24 PM
That is an amazing feat of eating.Thanks bro. That means a lot.

Bako Lifter
10-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Peyton Manning? Tom Brady? Ok :rolleyes:

*coughjaycutler

I like Little Caesars. I'd take pizza over a burger any day. But it doesn't matter since I'm not even in the cult. Dumb fatties.

<storms off to drink a bako shake>

Killa Kurt
10-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Good post.

RhodeHouse
10-24-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm not sure if you guys have read my training log. I detatched the lens in my left eye and need surgery ASAP. So, no contest for me. RHODESTOWN will live on. I will be incapacitated for a little while, so I trust in you, my disciples, that you will keep RHODESTOWN strong and prosperous in my absence. When I return, we will rise to prominence once again.

deeder
10-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Sorry to hear that Rhodes! Is there going to be a very long recovery period? I imagine that heavy lifting wouldn't really be possible when your eye is healing from surgery. The elevated blood pressure would probably pop it right out!

The reason I came in here though... Someone in genchat seems to have found another chapter of the RHODESTOWN cult :thumbup:

Check it out :D (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=103584)

vdizenzo
10-25-2007, 06:46 AM
Poor Rhodes detatched the lense in his eye by trying to see my ass through my shorts. I can't blame him though, it's quite nice. I think we should all chip in and send him a nice basket of crisco in the hospital.

Rhodes, the crisco is for eating not for your gerbil fetish.

WillKuenzel
10-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Rhodes is going to have to build a wall outside the city to keep out the wannabe's. There's going to be a lot of aspiring cult members that will have a long way to go.

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=61034&tid=

RhodeHouse
10-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Well, saw the specialist today. He said to live life as if nothing happened. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I like this Dr. He has a set of nuts. 4 times he told me not to worry. He has a plan for the eye and I need to just live. 1000 here I come, again.

Stumprrp
10-25-2007, 11:40 AM
that really is a huge feat of eating tom, i used to put down 3 doubles as a snack, but what you ate is phucked lol.

hmm i need to indulge some fast food soon, mcdonalds has the best breakfast ever.. lol

i think im going to hit BK for old time sake and get 3 quad stackers.

Chubrock
10-25-2007, 11:46 AM
So can you see out of the eye at all?

RhodeHouse
10-25-2007, 01:19 PM
So can you see out of the eye at all?

Eh, not too bad. If you wear contacts, it's like getting dirt under the lens, without the pain. Sometimes the lens just floats to the side and it's like putting on someone else's glasses. I saw 20/40 in the Dr's office with the bad eye. So, he was psyched. He said that surgery would put my eye at even more risk of a retinal detatchment - which is bad. I have Marfans Syndrome, so that's why surgery is out unless ABSOLUTELY necessary. With surgery, no more lifting - ever.

drew
10-26-2007, 11:44 AM
http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?qid=61057&tid=53

TommyBoy
10-26-2007, 01:03 PM
Well, saw the specialist today. He said to live life as if nothing happened. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I like this Dr. He has a set of nuts. 4 times he told me not to worry. He has a plan for the eye and I need to just live. 1000 here I come, again.F#$% YEAH!!! Do it for the little guys like me out there.

that really is a huge feat of eating tom, i used to put down 3 doubles as a snack, but what you ate is phucked lol.Thanks Stump. Wait till you see what I enhale before my bench competition next week. I'm probably gonna disgust you completely!!

With surgery, no more lifting - ever.F#$% surgery. At my gym, there's a powerlifter who is completely blind. And he is a fantastic powerlifter. He often mistakes me for the load baring pole in the middle of the gym, but he can lift. So don't think you NEED your eyes to lift. You just need your balls.

I want to see 1000 from you. You owe it to me.:hump:

Guido
10-26-2007, 03:33 PM
I want to see 1000 from you. You owe it to me.:hump:Nah. He owes it to HIMSELF. Do it Rhodes!

big13
10-26-2007, 04:20 PM
sorry to hear about your eye.

i have a good rule for you ...

you have to squat atleast 150lbs more then you deadlift and if you also bench more its a +

nhlfan
10-26-2007, 05:00 PM
http://i21.tinypic.com/o9o3n9.jpg
http://i22.tinypic.com/24lm0ki.jpg
http://i22.tinypic.com/105sd3k.jpg
http://i24.tinypic.com/whcxza.jpg
http://i23.tinypic.com/2nltraq.jpg
http://i23.tinypic.com/1zegknt.jpg

http://smiliesftw.com/x/toeshoes_1.gif

Is this Rhodestown?

TommyBoy
10-26-2007, 05:29 PM
The best part is the gun!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! I'm gonna be laughing for days!!!!!

Killa Kurt
10-26-2007, 06:04 PM
I'd rather see a weight gainer shake than a Dr. Pepper, regardless....great pictures.

minotaur70
10-26-2007, 07:49 PM
this rocks- last week I was at the ipf worlds and I came to the realisation that everyone is too tall for their weightclass. Eating is part of powerlifting, train hard and eat hard. Now I see our leader has spoken and shown us the way. How about getting Vinny to make some special edition sfw shirts, largest size only.

Lones Green
10-26-2007, 08:52 PM

Is this Rhodestown?

you sir, are badass. the only thing i would add is pepperoni, sausage, and other assorted meats. i'd also be drinking a glass of hot fat instead of dr pepper.

BigCorey75
10-27-2007, 05:46 PM
wow, is it too late to sign up???

Guido
10-28-2007, 11:23 AM

Is this Rhodestown?The scented candle at the end has got to go. That is NOT Rhodestown. Other than that, all it needs is more meat. :thumbup:

BigCorey75
10-28-2007, 01:35 PM
wow, yeah ive got nothing, just wow

drew
10-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Guido, you're wrong. Scented candles and massage oils ARE Rhodestown.

North
10-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Maybe next year I can join, I'm cutting right now so i'd get raped without lube huh?

RhodeHouse
10-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Awesome pictures!

I sat with the Council this weekend. We have decided on a decision making process that must be adhered to. Mr. Wendler is in charge of the decision making process. All in the Council have a say, but he will make the final call. He believes in RHODESTOWN and what it stands for.

I love the efforts of everyone, but this is not for everyone. We here, are a select few. The criteria MUST be met in order to be accepted. If we bend the rules for 1, then everyone will have an argument.

Some amendments from the weekend.

1. You can flex fat

2. You must have an elite total in the 275 or above weight-class.

3. You do not talk about RHODESTOWN

The Council has spoken

chris mason
10-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Rhodes, perhaps you could have apprectice members for those who are below the elite total?

Lones Green
10-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Rhodes, perhaps you could have apprectice members for those who are below the elite total?

thats not a bad idea. theres no chance of me having an elite total @ 275 when ive only been powerlifting 6 months, no Rhodestown for me!

vdizenzo
10-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Rhodes left a little out of the council meeting this weekend. Jim Wendler will conference with Jabba, but Jabba has the final say. Dave Tate bloated an extra 20 lbs in four days to make his best impression for acceptence. It was a no brainer. Rhodes almost got dethroned, but that happened in sacred chambers. That's all I can say about--see ammendment 3.

I like the idea of apprentices. It will go to council.

TommyBoy
10-28-2007, 07:31 PM
2. You must have an elite total in the 275 or above weight-class.Oh no. Looks like I'm out.

vdizenzo
10-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Oh no. Looks like I'm out.

Apprenticeship will be discussed. Don't despair!

RhodeHouse
10-28-2007, 11:13 PM
It will absolutely be discussed. Their is light at the end of the tunnel for everyone who is dedicated to RHODESTOWN. For some, that light may be an oncoming train.

Guido
10-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Guido, you're wrong. Scented candles and massage oils ARE Rhodestown.Really? :eek:

Council, what say ye?

JustinASU
10-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Many thanks brother. And now, we pray to our god: http://www.wendys.com/images/product_lrg/4.png

That's the baconator. I recognize that sexy sammich anywhere. Eating one as we speak.

jdeity
10-29-2007, 02:06 PM
.... I was sure this was all a joke until I saw the pictures of disgusting foods - why the hell would you want to eat that crap!?

deeder
10-29-2007, 02:49 PM
.... I was sure this was all a joke until I saw the pictures of disgusting foods - why the hell would you want to eat that crap!?

Because they wanna be fat PLers :strong:

Sidior
10-29-2007, 04:01 PM
That's the baconator. I recognize that sexy sammich anywhere. Eating one as we speak.

He lives!!!

I hope all is well bro.

jdeity
10-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Because they wanna be fat PLers :strong:

I know this will sound dumb, before I even ask, but I've gotta. Are you guys half joking here or are you honestly endorsing eating that crap for powerlifting goals?

Bohizzle
10-29-2007, 04:14 PM
they're not joking

jdeity
10-29-2007, 04:33 PM
well, I know the hate's about to rain down, but that's some of the dumbest stuff I've ever seen then. Why on earth would an athlete promote such unhealthy crap? And don't give me the calorie argument because that's not sufficient.

WillKuenzel
10-29-2007, 04:41 PM
well, I know the hate's about to rain down, but that's some of the dumbest stuff I've ever seen then. Why on earth would an athlete promote such unhealthy crap? And don't give me the calorie argument because that's not sufficient.Is your goal to be the strongest powerlifter alive? If it isn't, you'll never learn nor understand.

waynedang
10-29-2007, 04:45 PM
well, I know the hate's about to rain down, but that's some of the dumbest stuff I've ever seen then. Why on earth would an athlete promote such unhealthy crap? And don't give me the calorie argument because that's not sufficient.

I eat like crap but I'm not very big. The general rule is the more you weigh the more weight you can move. We all might not agree on everything but that is 100% fact!

:offtopic: On a side note: I know there have been some harsh words between a few lately. But if we all agreed all of the time think how boring it would be here.:shoot:

waynedang
10-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Oh yeah Long live the baconator:bow:

jdeity
10-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Is your goal to be the strongest powerlifter alive? If it isn't, you'll never learn nor understand.

it's not, but I do know a bit about powerlifting and have read articles from respectable powerlifting places that completely disagreed with the generic powerlifter approach of "cool, bulk time, let's go to mcdonald's" (and these are places I'm sure you guys likely read at anyways)

bill
10-29-2007, 06:22 PM
I don't know what is so hard to understand about this. When playing football I was undersized lineman, ate everything to gain a few pds. If your lifting in light wt class obviously this won't apply

jdeity
10-29-2007, 06:53 PM
I don't know how you could have been here for almost 4 years and not realize that the foods from those pics do not belong, in any regularity, in the diet of any true bodybuilder, powerlifter, or athlete. I fully understand the approach - high calorie. But you're lying to yourself if you think you're doing this diet for your true goals, because you're not. You're doing it because it'll get you where you want and taste better, as opposed to eating tons of foods you don't like to hit your macro/cal goals.

Chubrock
10-29-2007, 07:02 PM
You're doing it because it'll get you where you want and taste better, as opposed to eating tons of foods you don't like to hit your macro/cal goals.

Well damn, you just answered your own question.

vdizenzo
10-29-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't know how you could have been here for almost 4 years and not realize that the foods from those pics do not belong, in any regularity, in the diet of any true bodybuilder, powerlifter, or athlete.* I fully understand the approach - high calorie.* But you're lying to yourself if you think you're doing this diet for your true goals, because you're not.* You're doing it because it'll get you where you want and taste better, as opposed to eating tons of foods you don't like to hit your macro/cal goals.

You know nothing! I wanted to bench 600 raw. I could not get it done at 308. I also had a terrible time trying to gain weight eating clean. Clean foods are just not calorie dense enough. Maybe if I did not have to work I could have spent my entire day eating tuna, rice, and salad. However, I have to work for a living. I had to eat anything and everything and I did it. I got up to 328 and I benched 600 raw. I would have benched more on my third attempt, but I blew my load going berzerk after hitting my goal.

I know people will say that 600 raw at 308 is not even double bodyweight. I don't care. Powerlifting statisticians do not keep double bodyweight raw lists, but they do keep an all-time 600 raw list and it is a very short list that is not effected by equipment. Meaning that lift will be a big deal for a long time. I got there by eating junk.

Mass moves mass! I would say 90% of the best powerlifters put their health on the back burner in one way or another. It is a commitment that you just don't get.

chris mason
10-29-2007, 07:15 PM
J, while eating as suggested is not good for their long term health, it is fine for the purposes of being as large and strong as they can be. If one has a hard time gaining quality weight the caloric density of high fat foods is a necessity. The only real negative of the fast foods is their high sodium content.

Personally, I would recommend what I consider "healthier" high fat foods like red meats, peanut butter, whole milk and cheeses, and whole eggs.

In the end, it is all about one's goals. Guys like Rhodes make a choice.

bill
10-29-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't know how you could have been here for almost 4 years and not realize that the foods from those pics do not belong, in any regularity, in the diet of any true bodybuilder, powerlifter, or athlete. I fully understand the approach - high calorie. But you're lying to yourself if you think you're doing this diet for your true goals, because you're not. You're doing it because it'll get you where you want and taste better, as opposed to eating tons of foods you don't like to hit your macro/cal goals.

Why would I eat foods I don't like. j/k I like all food
You can think what you want but most people aren't going to really big bodybuilder or powerlifter with out eating some crap food sometimes

brihead301
10-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Uh oh...trashing Mickey D's in this thread could be a bad idea....

bill
10-29-2007, 07:55 PM
I just finished off a triple whopper fries coke, now that is big burger.

RhodeHouse
10-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah, who's this jdeity dude? I'm not supposed to put people down anymore. It's bad for my karma, but you have no idea what you're talking about. Have you been a D1 or professional athlete? Have you ever competed at the highest level in any sort of sport? Probably not. Athletes are some of the most unhealthy people in the world. As a former D1 and professional athlete, I speak from experience. I know many current NFL players, personally, who eat some things, drink some things, and smoke some things that wouldn't be deemed healthy.

If you want o go thru life being small, keep doing what you're doing. That's totally cool by me. But, don't criticize what you have no ideas about.

How's that? Not too bad on him?

chris mason
10-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Yeah, who's this jdeity dude? I'm not supposed to put people down anymore. It's bad for my karma, but you have no idea what you're talking about. Have you been a D1 or professional athlete? Have you ever competed at the highest level in any sort of sport? Probably not. Athletes are some of the most unhealthy people in the world. As a former D1 and professional athlete, I speak from experience. I know many current NFL players, personally, who eat some things, drink some things, and smoke some things that wouldn't be deemed healthy.

If you want o go thru life being small, keep doing what you're doing. That's totally cool by me. But, don't criticize what you have no ideas about.

Not bad Rhodes!

RedSpikeyThing
10-29-2007, 10:13 PM
I'm not even going to be ask to be part of Rhodestown - I would be wrapped in bacon and eaten as an appetizer.

Athletes are some of the most unhealthy people in the world.
There is a lot of disturbing truth to that.

deeder
10-29-2007, 10:45 PM
So is Rhodestown only for those who aspire to be SHW A.S.A.P?? Or are people who have SHW written in the long term plan allowed too? I'm talking maybe, 5-10 years :p

RhodeHouse
10-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Unfortunately, aspiring 275ers have to be 275, along with other requirements.

deeder
10-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Unfortunately, aspiring 275ers have to be 275, along with other requirements.

Well, looks like I'm out then. I'll get there someday... I'm just taking my time and hopefully setting some records on the way :cool:

vdizenzo
10-30-2007, 06:31 AM
Well, looks like I'm out then. I'll get there someday... I'm just taking my time and hopefully setting some records on the way :cool:

Now that's the right attitude! I'll be waiting at the door with a double quarter pounder with cheese for you.

drew
10-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Now that's the right attitude! I'll be waiting at the door with a double quarter pounder with cheese for you.

Don't take too long, he'll probably eat it way before you get there.

jdeity
10-30-2007, 09:15 AM
J, while eating as suggested is not good for their long term health, it is fine for the purposes of being as large and strong as they can be. If one has a hard time gaining quality weight the caloric density of high fat foods is a necessity. The only real negative of the fast foods is their high sodium content.

Personally, I would recommend what I consider "healthier" high fat foods like red meats, peanut butter, whole milk and cheeses, and whole eggs.

In the end, it is all about one's goals. Guys like Rhodes make a choice.

Okay I definitely get it, I definitely see that's an easy way to gain weight, it's just clearly not the best way to do it - but to each their won I guess!! I was just a lil surprised with how popular this cheeseburger/greasy foods thing was, damn that's weird!!

I mean, calorie goals aside, aren't your macro ratios completely screwed and way too high in fat, and especially bad fats?

Don't get me wrong, whoever's pic that was, I did want to eat the food and play with the gun and all - just surprised to see that promoted so much :D

Guido
10-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Looks like I've got to wait a long while till I'm a citizen of Rhodestown. At a meager 208 lbs I'd have 65 lbs to go, and I've still got records to aspire to and break in my own weight class. Besides, I don't think my wifey would much like me to be 275+ lbs. I think she'd stop wanting to have sex with me and the bed would be mighty cramped at night.

jdeity
10-30-2007, 09:21 AM

rhode you can be as bad as you'd like :nod:, I've never reported a non-spam post in my life.

You are right, I have never been at that high of a level before in any sport (by D1 I presume you mean college level). Although I almost certainly would've had I not gotten whiplash, I went into my senior year in highschool ranked a scratch above 5th overall in my state in wrestling - I would've walked onto many schools' programs had I not wrecked my car.

But that clearly didn't teach me about gaining weight, it teached me about losing weight, so you're right I do not have first hand experience in this arena.

That said, I'm still surprised this is that common of an approach, but I guess if you're that size you've gotta do what you've gotta do, right? I'm not gonna lie, I'm the first to be putting down gigantic weightgainer shakes instead of real meals so I'm not gonna pretend I've got the best diet ever, but doesn't the quality of these foods hurt performance? I know you'll hit calorie goals but this just doesn't seem like it'd be that optimal - but you're right this isn't my specialty - I stumbled in here unsure if you guys were joking or serious.

RhodeHouse
10-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Half joking, mostly serious.

Guido
10-30-2007, 09:45 AM
deity,

Perhaps what you aren't understanding is that while of course it's optimal to build muscle in powerlifting as in most sports, it does not hurt to put on fat when trying to lift as much weight as possible. ANY size is good, because it reduces necessary range of motion for the big three lifts, especially bench and squat.

On the bench press, the thicker the upper body (whether because of fat or muscle) the less distance you have to rbing down the bar to touch the chest, thus lower range of motion and the ability to more weight.

On squat, big legs and a big belly can act as a sort of brace when you go down to the whole, providing good stopping power and even helping out of the hole.

On deadlift, the benefit of being huge is less apparent and being huge can sometimes be a hindrance, but it's the only lift where this is the case.

So in general, being bigger gives you inherent advantages when moving very heavy weight aside from just the fact that you likely have more muscle under all that fat, too.

jdeity
10-30-2007, 09:53 AM
I see, it's essentially just get down as many cals as you can, as far past maintenance as you can handle each day? Damn that must be fun!!!! Gotta say I was thinking the major problem here was that you guys are still in a weightclass sport and thus you'd still be concerned about weight:strength ratios, but I guess you guys are heavyweight class then and it's irrelevant?

Guido
10-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Most of us do lift in weight classes and so are more concerned about diet, but for those like Rhodes and others who are SHW, then obviously it is of less concern.

big13
10-30-2007, 10:26 AM
:offtopic: Matt i just watched all 4 videos of you and dave , and i must say good stuff:thumbup:

our numbers are close i started in late 04 at 256lbs 19yr and did 505,320,505usapl and at my last meet 825,585,655aapf at 322lbs 23yr

and after reading your post every time i eat i think about this post like yesterday i went to quiznos and got 3 large prime rib subs and a soup bowl(about $38) and my wife wanted mexican food so i got a fat bean beef and cheese burito and when i got home my wife earlier made me 2 rib eyes for diner and she was a little mad becaue she thought i wasnt going to be hungery:whip: but i rembered the part about forceing it down so i whiped out the a1 and had at it + i always drink monster energy drinks with my meals so it good to say i was bloated.

i wanted to know if you could help me with my training here it is and also i train 100% alone
mon-off

tues-squats,lower back,glutes,lower back,upper ab
All squats to max single
warm up squats
Geared squats bands / chains / box
ypers w/bands and weight 3x8
glute ham raise 3x10-8
incline sit ups a lot
cable crunch 3x20-25
Band pull troughs 3x10
45 degree hyper w/ bands and weights 3x10-8

wed-speed bench,chest,triceps

Warm up bench I do more reps then Saturday here
w/ bands 4 4's singled
over head lock outs
triceps pull downs 3x15
lying ez bar ext. 3x25

thrus-deadlifts,upper and lower back,upper abs,biceps,traps
Warm up pulls
Pulls off 3 block
Rack lockouts
lat pull downs 2x10,1x8
cable face pulls 3x8
db hammer curls 3x20-15
band pull troughs 3x10
band GM's 3x10
incline situps a lot
cable crunch 3x20-25
db side bends 3x15

fri-off

sat me bench,chest,triceps,shoulders
Bench warm up to 315 for 3-6 reps
shirted w/ or w/o boards
rack lockouts from 4" and 8" 6set of 3 at 4" and 3x3 at 8"
band pull downs 3x15 4
db shoulder press 3x10

Sun-upper back,biceps,traps,rear delts,side and lower abs,plyo,sm
lat pull downs 3x10
cable face pulls 3x8
db rows 3x15-8
rear delt machine 3x10-8
db shrugs 4x10-8
db hammer curls 3x15
db side bends 3x15
hanging leg raise 3x15-20

RhodeHouse
10-30-2007, 02:12 PM
First, check out my training log on this site.

Second, you do too much work. Try to keep your workouts to 4-5 exercises at the most. This means you'll have to choose exercises that are efficient and drop the ones that are kind of a waste.

Check my log and get back to me with any questions.

jdeity
10-30-2007, 02:44 PM
rhodehouse, given that you seem like a pro/semi-pro, perhaps it'd be a good idea to put a link to your log in your sig

RhodeHouse
10-30-2007, 03:05 PM
I am a pro. There's nothing semi about me, except the size of my genitalia. It's in the Featured Powerlifting Journals section at the top of the PL forum.

Paul Stagg
10-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Is it possible, just possible, that some of you take this too seriously?

Can everyone take a minute and reread the forum guidelines.

Then follow them?

Bergs
10-30-2007, 05:25 PM
I competed in both 275 and 308 weight classes this year. Any chance I could get an apprenticeship?

RhodeHouse
10-30-2007, 07:25 PM
I competed in both 275 and 308 weight classes this year. Any chance I could get an apprenticeship?

There's always a chance. However, I notice that you are from Boston. Refer to Rule #38 and get back to me.

Chris255
10-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Here's the start of my journey to 275....soda and snickers/reeces.

Yesterday
1 Pizza
2 Double Cheese Burgers
3 Sodas

RHODESTOWN, here I come.

Current Weight: 170lbs :(

Bergs
10-30-2007, 08:30 PM
There's always a chance. However, I notice that you are from Boston. Refer to Rule #38 and get back to me.

Yea, I noticed that. Good news though! I'm actually from Chicago and only out in Boston till December. I'm also training with a pair of people who used to train at South Side.

chris mason
10-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Ok Rhodes, I am going to fatten myself up so I can hang! Well, at least a bit!

:strong:

RhodeHouse
10-30-2007, 09:19 PM
Ok Rhodes, I am going to fatten myself up so I can hang! Well, at least a bit!

:strong:

That's what I'm talking about. Put your gameface on! Don't look back, just keep eating. Dave Tate gave me a great idea about eating. He had 1 cheat meal per week when he was dieting. The rule was, once you stop eating, the meal is over. He would line up raisins on his coffee table and eat 1 at a time until he was hungry enough to eat again. That's dedication. That's what we in RHODESTOWN come to expect from our members. Nothing except everything you have.

RhodeHouse
10-30-2007, 09:24 PM
This from Dave's training log. Do you have what it takes to join us?

My Journey to RHODESTOWN

This all started last week when I received an email from Jim. It seems Matt Rhodes started his own town titled RHODESTOWN. Jim posted Matt 's details in his training log so make sure to check it out.

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=61008&tid=63

After reading the rules I HAD to get in, I had to be a part of this.

But.... I had a problem.

The last time I saw Matt, The Council of Fatties and Jaba was over 6 months ago and two weeks before my diet ended. I was a meager 247 pounds. I also had pics in my log displaying a full set of abs and wearing under armor.

This was NOT going to sit well and I figured I was going to have to use Matt to call in some favors to get me in.

I needed help

So I composed this letter to him...

Matt,

I am writing this letter in an attempt to plead my case to be let into RHODESTOWN.

I am also asking for your help in this venture as I know my situation will have to be taken to the Higher Council of Fatties and Jaba.

I am asking for your help because we do have a history dating back to you Volleyball days.

A few years back I would have been more than qualified to sit on the council. I was the one who wrote the 27 Reasons to be BIG (now a Cult classic). I loved the Bloat and lifting big weights. It was my life. Sex? **** that - I had to eat, rest and train. The last thing I needed was ****ing my back up. Even on bottom it was just not worth the risk of missing big weight. Who needs sex when you are on so much **** you blow a nut doing good mornings?

But, I lost my way. I admit it and this is VERY hard for me to write about and express. The pain I feel can't be expressed in words. My health went astray and I did not look to Meds for an answer.

My ways were EVIL!

I decided to drop weight and eat healthy. Worst of all is I told the story. I even posted pictures on the internet trying to show the progress I was making. In reality I was turing people AWAY from RHOADESTOWN. My sorrow run deep as I whip the tears from my eyes.

I got into this business to help people see the way. To show them the road to greatness and I have since lead them to a road of despair. Now I want to rebuild a bridge to RHOADESTOWN.

I do realize I have some explaining to do and would like bring my confessions to the alter of RHODES.

I have no excuses and will not try to justify any of my actions. I am asking forgiveness for...

1. Wearing skin tight under armor

2. Having visible abs

3. Drinking Pre and Post workout shakes

4. Eating SKINLESS chicken breast - okay - eating any chicken breast.

5. Ordering salad at McDonalds

6. Having what is known as Meals and not FEEDINGS

7. Cheat Meals - need I say more

8. Carrying a cooler

9. Legs days that were no longer known as squat days

10. I went shopping ALOT

11. I was hungry ALOT

12. Creed????

13. I bought a bike for house and USED it...... ALOT

14. I looked at people and saw them as FAT.

15. Veins were cool to me.

16. I took body fat measurements with calipers and not by number of folds.

Frustrated I had to stop

At this point I got up from my computer and thought....

This is NEVER going to get me into RHODESTOWN.

Jaba was not going to fall for words and what I have done in the past. RHODESTOWN is all about what is happing right now.

What was I to do?

So I sat back down and fired an email out to Justin.

Subject: Bloated Pig
Date: October 23, 2007 11:12am
To: Justin Harris

I am going to Boston this weekend and want to be a huge bloated pig.

I have always used gatorade and anti-inflams

Not sure this is the best route.

Any advice? I want to be full bloat Friday night.

I am now 289 and only eating 4 times per day (can't be more than 4000K). My metabolism is WAY down.

I do not have time to set up a rebound so we have to go with where I am now. I know this will limit my gain but lets see what happens.

Thanks,

Dave

My Luck Turns

This was my lucky day because within 30 minutes I had a plan. Right after I read the email I hit the store and the RHODESTOWN Bloat began was to begin that next morning.

I could not sleep at all that night. I was scared and excited. Could I still pull off a killer bloat? It has been years since the last one. Did I still have what it takes?

Side Note:

No I am not telling you what Justin emailed me but I will tell you in one day I ate over 30 packs of Ramen noodles and a special Waxy Maize mix in between every meal. There were other foods but they were all loaded with sodium.

The Trip

I knew I would be ready for Matt, Jaba and the Council. I just had to stay on plan (and pray I don't die).

When they first saw me they we impressed. All I had to do now was work up the courage to ask if I could be let in. As I was stuttering for words Jim interrupted and told them how bad I wanted in and that I even bloated for the trip.

I had no choice but to ask now.

"Caaaaaa Caaaaa Can I get into RHODESTOWN?" I slurred.

My Time Had Come

I was then summand to step forward.

There was Matt, The Council and Jaba all before me. I knew I was ready but was still intimated and what stood before me. What would they ask? What did they expect me to say? My jaw was shaking so bad I was afraid I would not be able to speak. This is what I was awaiting and now I felt like a 4 year old in time out.

LOOK DOWN, I was told

There before me was a scale.

My moment was finally here.

I knew I would make the 275 cut off but I had already done serious damage with the council. Hell I worn Under Armor and ate egg whites.

This was not about minimum standards this was about displaying excellence.

As I raised one foot to step on the scale I saw Jaba's bloated Shrek finger point to my ankles (full blown at this point) and say "good, the ankles are".

This sent exhilaration down my spine. I now knew I had a chance. I bent my knee and soon my other foot hit the scale.

Flashed on the digital read out. Slowly I began to raise my head to see if this was enough.

Would this do it? Was I in?

All I saw was a slight grin from Matt and Jaba then said "Done, it is"

I FELL to me knees and tried to hold back the tears.

Jim came over and helped me up. As he tried to hold back his own tears he said "You did it, you got in"

My journey was not without pain and sacrifice. I did not choose the easy way but the way I knew I had to do. I was willing to pay the price and gave it all I had. I did not use some fancy program but I did have a plan. More importantly I had a goal and in life that is the most important thing.

I am not witting this to impress you but to impress upon you dreams do come true.

All you have to do is believe and have a goal..

C.Pop
10-31-2007, 06:13 AM
That's awesome. Dave was impressively bloated. I'm proud to be in Rhodestown.

Guido
10-31-2007, 09:58 AM
Yea, I noticed that. Good news though! I'm actually from Chicago and only out in Boston till December. I'm also training with a pair of people who used to train at South Side.Dave? Is that you? It's me, Rygor.

Guido
10-31-2007, 10:07 AM
This from Dave's training log. Do you have what it takes to join us?

My Journey to RHODESTOWN

This all started last week when I received an email from Jim. It seems Matt Rhodes started his own town titled RHODESTOWN. Jim posted Matt 's details in his training log so make sure to check it out.

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=61008&tid=63

After reading the rules I HAD to get in, I had to be a part of this.

But.... I had a problem.

The last time I saw Matt, The Council of Fatties and Jaba was over 6 months ago and two weeks before my diet ended. I was a meager 247 pounds. I also had pics in my log displaying a full set of abs and wearing under armor.

This was NOT going to sit well and I figured I was going to have to use Matt to call in some favors to get me in.

I needed help

So I composed this letter to him...

Matt,

I am writing this letter in an attempt to plead my case to be let into RHODESTOWN.

I am also asking for your help in this venture as I know my situation will have to be taken to the Higher Council of Fatties and Jaba.

I am asking for your help because we do have a history dating back to you Volleyball days.

A few years back I would have been more than qualified to sit on the council. I was the one who wrote the 27 Reasons to be BIG (now a Cult classic). I loved the Bloat and lifting big weights. It was my life. Sex? **** that - I had to eat, rest and train. The last thing I needed was ****ing my back up. Even on bottom it was just not worth the risk of missing big weight. Who needs sex when you are on so much **** you blow a nut doing good mornings?

But, I lost my way. I admit it and this is VERY hard for me to write about and express. The pain I feel can't be expressed in words. My health went astray and I did not look to Meds for an answer.

My ways were EVIL!

I decided to drop weight and eat healthy. Worst of all is I told the story. I even posted pictures on the internet trying to show the progress I was making. In reality I was turing people AWAY from RHOADESTOWN. My sorrow run deep as I whip the tears from my eyes.

I got into this business to help people see the way. To show them the road to greatness and I have since lead them to a road of despair. Now I want to rebuild a bridge to RHOADESTOWN.

I do realize I have some explaining to do and would like bring my confessions to the alter of RHODES.

I have no excuses and will not try to justify any of my actions. I am asking forgiveness for...

1. Wearing skin tight under armor

2. Having visible abs

3. Drinking Pre and Post workout shakes

4. Eating SKINLESS chicken breast - okay - eating any chicken breast.

5. Ordering salad at McDonalds

6. Having what is known as Meals and not FEEDINGS

7. Cheat Meals - need I say more

8. Carrying a cooler

9. Legs days that were no longer known as squat days

10. I went shopping ALOT

11. I was hungry ALOT

12. Creed????

13. I bought a bike for house and USED it...... ALOT

14. I looked at people and saw them as FAT.

15. Veins were cool to me.

16. I took body fat measurements with calipers and not by number of folds.

Frustrated I had to stop

At this point I got up from my computer and thought....

This is NEVER going to get me into RHODESTOWN.

Jaba was not going to fall for words and what I have done in the past. RHODESTOWN is all about what is happing right now.

What was I to do?

So I sat back down and fired an email out to Justin.

Subject: Bloated Pig
Date: October 23, 2007 11:12am
To: Justin Harris

I am going to Boston this weekend and want to be a huge bloated pig.

I have always used gatorade and anti-inflams

Not sure this is the best route.

Any advice? I want to be full bloat Friday night.

I am now 289 and only eating 4 times per day (can't be more than 4000K). My metabolism is WAY down.

I do not have time to set up a rebound so we have to go with where I am now. I know this will limit my gain but lets see what happens.

Thanks,

Dave

My Luck Turns

This was my lucky day because within 30 minutes I had a plan. Right after I read the email I hit the store and the RHODESTOWN Bloat began was to begin that next morning.

I could not sleep at all that night. I was scared and excited. Could I still pull off a killer bloat? It has been years since the last one. Did I still have what it takes?

Side Note:

No I am not telling you what Justin emailed me but I will tell you in one day I ate over 30 packs of Ramen noodles and a special Waxy Maize mix in between every meal. There were other foods but they were all loaded with sodium.

The Trip

I knew I would be ready for Matt, Jaba and the Council. I just had to stay on plan (and pray I don't die).

When they first saw me they we impressed. All I had to do now was work up the courage to ask if I could be let in. As I was stuttering for words Jim interrupted and told them how bad I wanted in and that I even bloated for the trip.

I had no choice but to ask now.

"Caaaaaa Caaaaa Can I get into RHODESTOWN?" I slurred.

My Time Had Come

I was then summand to step forward.

There was Matt, The Council and Jaba all before me. I knew I was ready but was still intimated and what stood before me. What would they ask? What did they expect me to say? My jaw was shaking so bad I was afraid I would not be able to speak. This is what I was awaiting and now I felt like a 4 year old in time out.

LOOK DOWN, I was told

There before me was a scale.

My moment was finally here.

I knew I would make the 275 cut off but I had already done serious damage with the council. Hell I worn Under Armor and ate egg whites.

This was not about minimum standards this was about displaying excellence.

As I raised one foot to step on the scale I saw Jaba's bloated Shrek finger point to my ankles (full blown at this point) and say "good, the ankles are".

This sent exhilaration down my spine. I now knew I had a chance. I bent my knee and soon my other foot hit the scale.

Flashed on the digital read out. Slowly I began to raise my head to see if this was enough.

Would this do it? Was I in?

All I saw was a slight grin from Matt and Jaba then said "Done, it is"

I FELL to me knees and tried to hold back the tears.

Jim came over and helped me up. As he tried to hold back his own tears he said "You did it, you got in"

My journey was not without pain and sacrifice. I did not choose the easy way but the way I knew I had to do. I was willing to pay the price and gave it all I had. I did not use some fancy program but I did have a plan. More importantly I had a goal and in life that is the most important thing.

I am not witting this to impress you but to impress upon you dreams do come true.

All you have to do is believe and have a goal..That is some impressive narrative. I did not realize that Jabba speaks like Yoda, however. Learn something new every day.

BTW, could this guy get into Rhodestown, or is he already on the Council of Fatties?

http://www.garnersclassics.com/pics/space/hut.jpg

Bergs
10-31-2007, 10:09 AM
Dave? Is that you? It's me, Rygor.Yea, it's me. I got bored of just reading people's posts and figured I should join in on the fun. I mentioned you in my "New Members" post, though.

Chubrock
10-31-2007, 10:38 AM
See, Rhodestown brings people together.

bill
10-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Good stuff

TommyBoy
10-31-2007, 02:34 PM
Here's the start of my journey to 275....soda and snickers/reeces.

Yesterday
1 Pizza
2 Double Cheese Burgers
3 Sodas

RHODESTOWN, here I come.

Current Weight: 170lbs :(Buddy, that's a very inspiring meal plan. 2 thumbs up from me!
See, Rhodestown brings people together.I feel the fatty love already:thumbup:

minotaur70
11-03-2007, 01:35 AM
Started Rhodestown diet beginning of last week- I weighed 238- now in a week and half I am 255.5. If I can keep this up I'll be 273 in a couple of weeks- and 340 by the new year. I have added 2.5lbs of mashed potatoes with butter and cheese to every meal and doubled the meat servings and eat macdonalds between meals (normally 2 double cheese burgers and a quarter pounder with fries). I eat cake and chocolate with breakfast. I refuse diet anything- only full sugar. I know I'm not big enough yet, but I'll be there soon.

RhodeHouse
11-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Dude, you have the mentality! Get after it. SFW! For all non-believers, this is how the road begins.

LouPac
11-04-2007, 01:58 AM
Wow, and I felt like a slob after my salmon and cream cheese bagel with 10 slices of bacon today!

Fuzzy
11-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Its times like these I wanna call my coach and tell him to **** off.

then I want to go order double ply suits and begin eating obscene amounts of food so that in a year I will weight over 308.

Sounds tempting...

Or I could stay at a healthy lean 240 and drop weight for major comps.

RhodeHouse
11-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Its times like these I wanna call my coach and tell him to **** off.

then I want to go order double ply suits and begin eating obscene amounts of food so that in a year I will weight over 308.

Sounds tempting...

Or I could stay at a healthy lean 240 and drop weight for major comps.

Dropping weight is unacceptable in RHODESTOWN. Healthy? Who wants to live forever?

Fuzzy
11-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Haha, you never know... maybe Olympic lifting might not work out for me.

If thats the case you go yourelf an up and coming junior SHW

ryanc3443
11-04-2007, 10:07 AM
I agreed all of this until #38, sorry but i just love my teams to win.

jdeity
11-04-2007, 10:23 AM
how can you agree when you and I were just talking about cutting weight for wrestling through pm's? Just curious!

ryanc3443
11-04-2007, 11:53 AM
I agree on the humor on this, I dont really follow this

jdeity
11-04-2007, 01:07 PM
haha k!

RhodeHouse
11-04-2007, 01:45 PM
You must be a bandwagon Red Sox or Pats fan. We don't need you or want you. Go away.

ryanc3443
11-04-2007, 02:32 PM
You must be a bandwagon Red Sox or Pats fan. We don't need you or want you. Go away.

Not considered bandwagon when I've been a fan my whole life, lived in New England my whole life.

RhodeHouse
11-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Dude, I'm from Westfield, MA. Just because you live there doesn't mean you're not on the wagon. That's cool, though. No chance here in RHODESTOWN.

RhodeHouse
11-04-2007, 10:42 PM
To all loyal disciples, followers, and believers:

Check EliteFTS.com in the Iron Brothers section. Jim Wendler is the official spokesman of RHODESTOWN. He can answer all questions you may have. I am the Mayor, but I defer to Jim, Dave, and Jabba for all final decisions on acceptance.

TommyBoy
11-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Rhodes, not sure if you read my training log or not, but I gained 15lbs in 24 hours for my last comp.

RhodeHouse
11-06-2007, 06:13 PM
I am proud of you big fella. 15lbs in 24 hours is very impressive. How'd you do?

jdeity
11-06-2007, 06:17 PM
stuffed his face and put a ton of food in his gut perhaps? Does it count if you're holding a gallon of weightgainer in your hand when you weigh in, or does it need to be chugged down first :) ?

RhodeHouse
11-06-2007, 06:24 PM
stuffed his face and put a ton of food in his gut perhaps? Does it count if you're holding a gallon of weightgainer in your hand when you weigh in, or does it need to be chugged down first :) ?

First of all, you don't understand making weight for a PL contest, so don't speak about it. It is impossible to gain 15lbs in 24 hours with food alone. Clearly, you'll never understand RHODESTOWN.

jdeity
11-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Clearly, you'll never understand RHODESTOWN.

haha I cannot argue that!!!!

TommyBoy
11-06-2007, 06:42 PM
I am proud of you big fella. 15lbs in 24 hours is very impressive. How'd you do?I did great. Check my log for more details.

I ate quite normal leading up to the meet. At noon the day before, I began drinking sugar-free gatorade (no-name brand packets). I would add 8 single packets to 1.5L of water. So each water bottle contained 1.6g of sodium. Kept on given 'er with the gatorade, had popcorn & seasoning @ the movies the night before the meet, then forced in more gatorade up until I did my first warm up. It was pure water retention.

If you think I can stuff my face and gain 15 lbs. in 24 hours, then you, sir, are wrong. Now make a left turn and exit Rhodestown....you're taking up space.

RhodeHouse
11-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Tommy, you rock! I am so proud.

Big Jay
07-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Had no idea what fuzzy was talking about when he mentioned Rhodestown, so had to search... i can't believe i missed this, probably the best thread i've saw on these forums lol :D

samadhi_smiles
07-10-2009, 09:38 AM
it IS a classic...there are some funny (and serious!) guys on here...I love it :D