PDA

View Full Version : Jump rope anyone?

BFGUITAR
10-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Im thinking of getting my heart in shape for health reasons. Im not an unhealthy person but some quality aerobic work couldnt hurt.

I wanted to know how effective jump rope is compared to say running/jogging? And could HIIT be incorporated well into jump rope?

It seems like fun.

MPB
10-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Once you get the hang of how to jump rope (I mean once you become really good), then it's not going to be a cardio activity anymore.

I used to spend my entire life jump roping, although I don't do it anymore... but it's good for agility, coordination, foot work and some others

BFGUITAR
10-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Well when it doesnt become a cardio activity I'll know I did it right :P
I seem to have trouble finding an aerobic activity I can do any time and enjoy.

I like football, but thats a team thing that I dont have time for. I hate basketball. Soccer is meh. Baseball, a team sport. Cross country I did for a bit but I find it boring. Biking is always a good idea, I may look into that.

MPB
10-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Biking is pretty good. I just got a bike for my b-day present and it is actually my second hobby now next to weightlifting.

Wrestling or other forms of grappling is a great way to get in shape, too :p

markdk86
10-23-2007, 10:00 AM
Jump-rope is always a cardiovascular activity. You can add so much variety to the workout with the flexability of the rope and imagination.

the.powerhouse
05-19-2008, 07:46 AM
lol, I did it for a while and my shoulder would start aching. only do it for a warmup before basketball now