PDA

View Full Version : Potato bake

growthrep
10-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Making this to complement a pot roast for tonight.

Sautee a variety of mushrooms with prosciutto, shallots, baby spinach, garlic, olive oil and sherry. Set aside.

Mash yukon gold potatos, after boiling of course, with ricotta, half and half, butter, salt and cracked pepper.

Combine sauteed mushrooms and mashed potatos with 2 eggs. Place the mixture in a baking pan and cover with freshly grated asiago and sliced brie cheese (you can do other types of cheese if you like). Bake at 375 until the cheese melts and turns a golden brown color.

Let it cool a bit and then cut out a big wedge to serve next to your pot roast and gravy. :thumbup:

Stumprrp
10-23-2007, 03:11 PM
fantastic man

Invain
10-23-2007, 06:16 PM
I'm gonna come live with you in Canada man. You sound like an amazing cook, and it kills me to read all your recipe threads while sitting in my dorm room :(

ray34iyf
10-23-2007, 06:41 PM
^^What's the problem man? Don't you guys have a kitchen on your floor? If I feel the desire to make something I just run to the store and buy some stuff and have at it. Reading some of the recipes on here have turned me into a real chef...

bigmoney
10-23-2007, 07:15 PM
wow sounds good Ill try it tomorrow

you had me at prosciutto.....lol

growthrep
10-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Hehehe. Love cooking. Enjoy this one, guys. You can also stop the process before baking and just call this an awesome mashed potato dish, which would also work well with pot roast (or any gravy). Also, if you decide to bake it off after adding in the eggs, you could layer in the mix and add a layer of ricotta and then another layer of the mix before adding the grated cheeses on top. Any way you play with it, several kinds of cheese with the potatos, spinach and mushrooms makes for an awesome side dish.

Stumprrp
10-24-2007, 11:53 AM
i agree potatoes and cheese is always a winner, this would be really nice with a filet.

Invain
10-24-2007, 03:00 PM
^^What's the problem man? Don't you guys have a kitchen on your floor? If I feel the desire to make something I just run to the store and buy some stuff and have at it. Reading some of the recipes on here have turned me into a real chef...

No, we don't have a kitchen. I don't even have a sink in my room....