PDA

View Full Version : Diet and libido

Paladyr
10-23-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm 28 and I've been cutting for probably 2 months and have just recently noticed that my libido is all but gone. I'm wondering if this is a normal thing when dieting as I have noticed it before when I was dieting, but I don't remember it being this severe. I went from thinking about sex all the time, to almost never thinking about it, and feeling like I could give or take it. Here are some stats on my dieting:

Maintenance Calories: ~2600
Calories for diet: 2378 (Average from fitday over past month, very slow cut)
Total: 2378
Fat: 75 675 29%
Sat: 25 224 10%
Poly: 9 81 3%
Mono: 20 176 8%
Carbs: 281 1017 44%
Fiber: 27 0 0%
Protein: 155 618 27%
Alcohol: 2 15 1%

I started at 173 15% bodyfat using the military measurement method (measure neck and abdomen), and am down to 168 at 11.5% bodyfat (believe it or not my strength has moved up every week during my diet, which has never happened before, but it's happening every week).

So has anyone experienced this before?

Unreal
10-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Yep, low low cals kills my sex drive. Try upping your fat intake or having some red meat.

Paladyr
10-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Yep, low low cals kills my sex drive. Try upping your fat intake or having some red meat.

Thank god lol. With 40+ views and no posts I was getting worried that no one knew what I was talking about.

I went ahead and started eating maintenance calories again and now it's starting to feel like it's coming back after 3 days.

RhodeHouse
10-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Jack yourself up with test. That'll make you horny

bbulla00
10-25-2007, 06:44 PM
I don't know what has happened with me either man. I am 20 yrs @ 160lbs. I'm dieting very hardcore, for right at 2 months exactly. I took Hydroxycut Hardcore to help, and I thought it was what kept me from "getting up." I'm very healthy and I don't know what is going on... neither does my new girlfriend... Are you pretty sure that your condition is due to dieting....? Do you have any medical evidence? I would leave to be relieved in this issue.

Dargo
10-26-2007, 07:29 AM
When dieting hardcore, it's normal to be cranky and lose your sex drive. Good Luck!

Paladyr
10-26-2007, 08:13 AM
I don't know what has happened with me either man. I am 20 yrs @ 160lbs. I'm dieting very hardcore, for right at 2 months exactly. I took Hydroxycut Hardcore to help, and I thought it was what kept me from "getting up." I'm very healthy and I don't know what is going on... neither does my new girlfriend... Are you pretty sure that your condition is due to dieting....? Do you have any medical evidence? I would leave to be relieved in this issue.

I'm almost positive it's due to dieting bc I remember my drive going down during previous dieting sessions. After looking at my fitday log, i've actually been eating at or above maintenance for 6 days and my drive is not back. I do not have any medical evidence to back this up. I think that the longer you diet, the more your testosterone goes down, so to combat that, I'm going to make sure I'm getting some extra zinc and also eat above maintenance until my libido comes back. It is VERY frustrating to have a gf who wants "it" all the time and not really being interested lol. I feel terrible!!!

krboyd7
10-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Get some l-arginine lol

L-arginine is used to make the nitric oxide, a compound in the body that relaxes blood vessels. Preliminary studies have found that L-arginine may help with conditions that improve when blood vessels are relaxed (called vasodilation), such as atherosclerosis, erectile dysfunction, and intermittent claudication.

Why not go thewhole hog and try a blue pill?

Just messin

bbulla00
10-26-2007, 09:38 AM
i think you are right. thanks for the reply. As soon as I get out of this last cutting, 3 more weeks, i'm going to start bulking. so , maybe then it will be better.

Paladyr
10-31-2007, 09:09 PM
About 9 days later eating 400-500 over maintenance and it's back. I didn't have many refeed days during the diet so I may try adding one of those a week to see if that helps.

CrazyK
10-31-2007, 09:34 PM
I'll concur with the others that when strict dieting there is a definate loss in libido.