PDA

View Full Version : Hunger



Princess
03-09-2002, 08:44 PM
Ok, well for like the past 3 or 4 days I've been really hungry, like alot more than usual. I haven't changed the way I've been eating or the amount of exercising I've been doing so what could be causing this?

Spiderman
03-09-2002, 10:09 PM
I imagine your metabolism has just risen a little bit. That may be why you're hungry more often. Have you eating less during the past few days?

body
03-10-2002, 03:52 AM
I doubt you are more hungry, but your appetite may have changed?

Hunger - you need food. - physological
appetite - you think you need food eg walking past KFC the fried chicken smell makes me feel like food. But I am not hungry. psychological.

I you see lots of food it increase your appetite get your juice flowing etc.

Princess
03-10-2002, 05:12 AM
Nope, I haven't been eating less. I dunno seeing tuna doesn't exactly increase my appetite :D

Wizard
03-10-2002, 05:58 AM
How old are you?

Princess
03-10-2002, 07:48 AM
17

body
03-10-2002, 08:10 AM
as usaul I think and wizzard will back me up that a picture is always helpful in answering females question.

I would still say its psyhologiacl over phyisological as metabolism will not change that much in a couple of day to the extent that I interprete how much more hungry/appetite you are. If other variables have stayed the same.

Budiak
03-10-2002, 08:12 AM
I can discern between hunger and a craving. I can physically feel hunger, it usually sets in about 2 hours after my last meal. At this point, I become angry, and bitter.


Cravings are quite different. You need to learn the difference. Cravings , I've found, can only be quelled by one of two things. The first being sheer, unmoving, unmitigated willpower, and the second being sugar free jello.

Anthony
03-10-2002, 08:13 AM
Interesting. Lots of headaches and increased feeling of hunger. Both signs of dehydration. How many litres of water did you say you drink each day? And is it consistent?

Princess
03-10-2002, 08:21 AM
I really have no idea, but I know it's not consistent.
So that's probably the problem.... I'll just start drinking more water.

Thanks Anthony :)

Anthony
03-10-2002, 08:31 AM
Well, hopefully that's all it is ... a good way to keep track of your water intake is to put hair elastics around a water bottle and take 1 off for each bottle you finish. Works for me, anyway. :)

Princess
03-10-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Anthony
Well, hopefully that's all it is ... a good way to keep track of your water intake is to put hair elastics around a water bottle and take 1 off for each bottle you finish. Works for me, anyway. :)


So what else COULD it be?

I'll have to try the hair bands.

Anthony
03-10-2002, 08:41 AM
A tumor? ;)

Princess
03-10-2002, 08:44 AM
ya ya ya uhuh... I don't think so.

I would sense if something was wrong

But gosh thanks for the positive outlook

SweatHawg
03-11-2002, 12:58 AM
.....The rabbit died.....congratulations:D

Princess
03-11-2002, 07:39 AM
:scratch::confused:

therhoads
03-11-2002, 11:05 AM
The rabbit died...

An old saying meaning you are pregnant.:eek: :eek: :eek: :omg:

Wizard
03-11-2002, 11:06 AM
What?

Anyway, it's normal to have this hunger.
However just increase your water intake and then see how it goes.

Princess
03-11-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by therhoads
The rabbit died...

An old saying meaning you are pregnant.:eek: :eek: :eek: :omg:


I don't think so... I mean I hope not

Princess
03-11-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Wizard


Anyway, it's normal to have this hunger.
However just increase your water intake and then see how it goes.


Thanks

NaturalBabe
03-12-2002, 06:08 PM
How many times a day do you eat? My trainer has me eat at least 6 times--6 little meals instead of 3 big ones, so you never feel that horrible empty feeling. Also, what do you eat? When I am feeling hungry alot, it is generally because I have been eating lots of carbs, and I am hungry again soon after I eat. Try some protein if that is the case, and you should feel full longer. Finally, the water also should help. Drink at least 1 gallon a day. The other thing may just be...you're 17, and probably growing. That always made me hungry.

Princess
03-12-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by NaturalBabe
How many times a day do you eat? My trainer has me eat at least 6 times--6 little meals instead of 3 big ones, so you never feel that horrible empty feeling. Also, what do you eat? When I am feeling hungry alot, it is generally because I have been eating lots of carbs, and I am hungry again soon after I eat. Try some protein if that is the case, and you should feel full longer. Finally, the water also should help. Drink at least 1 gallon a day. The other thing may just be...you're 17, and probably growing. That always made me hungry.

I know I need to eat more times a day, but sometimes it's hard when I'm at school, and I can't eat during class. I usually eat oatmeal in the morning, a tuna sanwhich for lunch.... and then whatever for dinner, usually a combination of carbs and protein.

I think I have it figured out..... my eating habits are just really messed up. Some days I'll eat a ton, and other days I eat hardly anything at all. So once I get a steady diet I think that will take care of alot of things, including my headaches....:)

Cue-Ball
03-12-2002, 06:26 PM
Protein Bars! Sweet nectar of the Gods...

But seriously, you're never too busy to wolf down a protein bar. I personally prefer PowerBar Pure Protein peanut butter and chocolate, but just about any will do the trick. They're small enough to fit in your pocket and make a good between meals snack. No excuse not to eat them as you can easily wolf one down between classes or whatever.

Princess
03-12-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Cue-Ball
Protein Bars! Sweet nectar of the Gods...

But seriously, you're never too busy to wolf down a protein bar. I personally prefer PowerBar Pure Protein peanut butter and chocolate, but just about any will do the trick. They're small enough to fit in your pocket and make a good between meals snack. No excuse not to eat them as you can easily wolf one down between classes or whatever.

Ya, I thought about those because that would be really convenient but don't they have alot of added sugar? I looked at the nutrition labels on some of them and even though they are "protein bars", they have more carbs than protein, whats up with that?!

Cue-Ball
03-12-2002, 07:17 PM
And? Most of the bars i've seen are about even for carbs/protein (the ones i mentioned are 38/24/5). Many bars are very low carb (EAS only has ~5g IIRC). Even if they DO have more carbs than protein that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm not sure why but everyone seems to have this idea that carbs are a bad thing. They are necessary for your body to function correctly. So, while you don't want to eat a full plate of spaghetti before bed, you also don't want to cut them out of your diet completely.

Princess
03-12-2002, 07:25 PM
so how many carbs would you say is a reasonable amount per day?

ElPietro
03-12-2002, 10:04 PM
There are bars with little carbs and high protein...they are the ones that taste the worst out of them all...and they are also the most expensive...

A reasonable amount of carbs per day would be between 30-50% of your total caloric intake.

Princess
03-13-2002, 07:15 AM
Thanks =)