PDA

View Full Version : Basketball with a bad knee

UPtown
10-24-2007, 07:54 PM
On september 22 i dislocated my knee. With this came the tearing of some tissue and bruising. I have been going to a physical trainer and my knee's swelling has gone down 2 cm and looks almost back to normal. Prior to my injuries I was working on increasing my vertical but now all those old exercises put major stress on my knee. Are there any lifts that will increase my vertical but at the same time keep stress off my knee?

heres some random stats:
height: 6'2"
weight: 182 (in middle of a bulk)
bf: around 8 or 9
current bench: 3 sets of 8 @ 195

drew
10-25-2007, 07:20 AM
Sled dragging and TKEs with a band. I don't know that they will increase your VJ, but they will strengthen the joint without putting unneeded stress on it.

smokinHawk
10-25-2007, 07:36 AM
it will probably take some time for it to fully heal if it does.
i have rehabilitated my knees by using neoprene knee sleeves and ATF squats, it took some time but know they seem fine and i can jump as high as i could back in high school.
rest it and start working it out slowly with little weight ot get the movement right, then gradually add weight.

235orbust
10-26-2007, 11:03 AM
^^^I agree, take some time off, Dislocations, once fully healed, typically return to 100 percent so as long as its sore, take it easy, focus on your calfs and glutes maybe? just leave your knees alone for until it feels right, then wait another 5-6 days after that.