PDA

View Full Version : Optimal use of Maximus

student33
10-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Chris,

when is it best to use Maximus? Should it be used as a post training meal replacement say 1 hour after the post-workout shake? Also, is it better to use Nitrean or a only whey product immediately after workout mixed with dextrose? Thanks.

Cirino83
10-25-2007, 04:24 PM
I drink whey shakes in the morning when I wake up and after I workout. The few times I drink weightgainer is when I didn't eat enough food for the day and need extra calories/protein.

Basically drink whey shakes when you need protein and weightgainer if your low on cals for the day. Maximus does have some other beneifts besides cals though.

Lones Green
10-25-2007, 05:45 PM
from a customers point of view, i like drinking maximus after my workout. studies show a protein blend is more beneficial post workout than a whey only product, and maximus has the best protein blend around. not to mention it has 600 some odd calories, microlactin, inulin, and flax. add peanut butter, milk, reese cups, small children, whatever to this and it makes the shake that much better.

chris mason
10-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Chris,

when is it best to use Maximus? Should it be used as a post training meal replacement say 1 hour after the post-workout shake? Also, is it better to use Nitrean or a only whey product immediately after workout mixed with dextrose? Thanks.

On training days MAXIMUS will make a great PWO shake. Depending on your caloric needs you may want to drink more than one shake per day. The timing is not so important as is the actual consumption for anything other than PWO purposes.

Chris

Stumprrp
10-25-2007, 09:55 PM
when i make my order im using this post workout, this is perfect for it.

chris mason
10-26-2007, 05:36 AM
when i make my order im using this post workout, this is perfect for it.

It is good, yes!

PhilsterT
10-26-2007, 07:48 PM
I am also using for post workout. I think it is too expensive to drink on a daily basis (especially for students).

chris mason
10-27-2007, 05:32 AM
I am also using for post workout. I think it is too expensive to drink on a daily basis (especially for students).

Just an FYI, you could always use say a 1/2 serving daily mixed with whole milk and still get a lot of calories and the full benefits of things like the Microlactin.

Chris

PhilsterT
10-27-2007, 12:09 PM
I might try that: 1/2 scoop on non-workout days and 1 scoop workout days.

student33
11-02-2007, 07:49 PM
I really am impressed with Maximus. I've been using At Large products for at least 4 years now, and I think Maximus is their best product yet. The taste blows Nitrean out of the water. I also like that you get 1 serving of microlactin in maximus, can't say I've felt anything from it, but it's nice to know it's in there. The downsides are obviously the lack of servings and price. And I also am not a huge fan of the 8g of fat per serving, especially after a workout. But other than that, I really like this product.

chris mason
11-02-2007, 09:10 PM
I really am impressed with Maximus. I've been using At Large products for at least 4 years now, and I think Maximus is their best product yet. The taste blows Nitrean out of the water. I also like that you get 1 serving of microlactin in maximus, can't say I've felt anything from it, but it's nice to know it's in there. The downsides are obviously the lack of servings and price. And I also am not a huge fan of the 8g of fat per serving, especially after a workout. But other than that, I really like this product.

Thank you, and just an FYI, a complete meal, to include fat, has been proven in the lab to be optimal for PWO purposes.

Chris