PDA

View Full Version : BodyBugg

KingWilder
10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Anyone seen/heard about this?

It's been out for awhile now (there is a newer model out - Version 2)

you basically wear it around your upper arm and through data you input and the sensors that stay in contact with your skin it determines how many calories you burn at rest and during certain activities.

www.bodybugg.com

dscarth
10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Looks like a slightly more "advanced" biotrainer (http://www.biotrainerusa.com/) (which only uses accelerometers for detection, afaik).

If BIA hardly works to calculate body fat %, how is it going to work to do any of what it claims?

KingWilder
10-26-2007, 05:17 AM
it has 4 sensors that stay in direct contact with your skin to measure temperature, sweat, etc.

it's actually been shown to be 92% accurate

there's a thread on Lyle's McDonalds board (bodyrecomposition.com) and he actually tested it and came to the conclusion that it was as accurate as it claimed

KingWilder
08-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Just started using mine again and I'm addicted...again

def. a plus to have the watch that updates every minute to show you what you've burned

anyone else happen to get one?

ryuage
08-03-2008, 03:18 PM
i was thinking about it, but ya... just for the heck of using it and playing around.

24 actually reduced the price 100 bucks, but ill check fleabay for a used one

ryuage
08-07-2008, 11:06 PM
ended up picking one up... got a good deal on it from some guy so we shall test the accuracy.

ArjunDhir
08-08-2008, 01:34 AM
I lol'd at the 92% accuracy.

How did they ever find that out.

KingWilder
08-08-2008, 05:07 AM
I lol'd at the 92% accuracy.

How did they ever find that out.

not sure, but it is pretty damn accurate

there's a HUGE thread over on Lyle's board about it where people tested it out and found for themselves that it was pretty accurate.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21686

JSully
08-08-2008, 09:55 AM
ended up picking one up... got a good deal on it from some guy so we shall test the accuracy.

don't you have to pay for a membership with 24hr fitness for the bodybugg to use it? that was how it was explained to me previously and thus the reason I did not buy one..

ryuage
08-08-2008, 12:22 PM
don't you have to pay for a membership with 24hr fitness for the bodybugg to use it? that was how it was explained to me previously and thus the reason I did not buy one..

comes with 3 months free... or included rather.

if people were interested id post daily graphs and start a journal with it.