PDA

View Full Version : Carb question

Marnie
10-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Ok, so I'm in diet mode. My cals are around 2800-3000 to lose fat. My body fat is 23% (although I look a lot leaner than some guys with less, most of my fat is stored around my midriff, bummer!). Anyhow, my question is, do I have to slowly deplete carbs and therefore calories as I go to stop my fat loss stagnating? Or Should I bump up my metabolism with the occassional cheat meal?

1ManRiot
10-26-2007, 12:02 PM
My body fat is 23%
How do you know mate?

do I have to slowly deplete carbs and therefore calories as I go to stop my fat loss stagnating?
Don't quite understand what you mean here, but you'll no doubt reach a sticking point, and a big bump of carbs is one way of overcoming that.

Marnie
10-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey, I know because I had it mesaured with the propper calipers (apparently they were a 200 set :-S). Anyhow, as for what I meant, I mean do I have to deplete calories as my diet progresses, as my metabolism will surely slow down and my fat loss will stop due to this after a while? Or do I just keep it at a basic rate, and then have a cheat day to bump it into overdrive every week?

1ManRiot
10-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Taper carbs/calories until you start to lose. A good baseline could be 1-2lbs a week fat loss. More than that, you risk LBM.
If you become stagnant, decrease further, or look into other ways of sparking new loss. Depending on how low-carb you go, weekly carb-ups can be very beneficial. Might be worth looking into carb-cycling if you're into that.