PDA

View Full Version : Had my first olympic weightlifting contest about a week ago

Jinkies
10-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Was over at my gym, OKW ( My coach is Oleg Kechko) held the meet and there was some overall strong people there.

I just went to lift, coaches urged me not to care about numbers till my form improved but ended up with a 105 kilo snatch and a 135 kilo clean and jerk, i've already added improvements to those numbers each day getting better as my flexability and technique gets better, urge anyone whos into lifting to give olympic weightlifting a try its got alot more depth to it then anything else i've tried so far.

Stumprrp
10-26-2007, 07:56 PM
impressive numbers

JHarris
10-26-2007, 08:40 PM
Was over at my gym, OKW ( My coach is Oleg Kechko) held the meet and there was some overall strong people there.

I just went to lift, coaches urged me not to care about numbers till my form improved but ended up with a 105 kilo snatch and a 135 kilo clean and jerk, i've already added improvements to those numbers each day getting better as my flexability and technique gets better, urge anyone whos into lifting to give olympic weightlifting a try its got alot more depth to it then anything else i've tried so far.

Nice numbers on your lifts, Jinkies, especially for a first meet. What weight class are you lifting in? And how many lifts did you hit out of 6? I'm glad to hear the sport is getting some new talent in this country - sometimes I feel like we lose all of our potential athletes to other pursuits.

Jay

Jinkies
10-27-2007, 02:27 AM
actually missed my 2nd and 3rd attempt at the snatch, 2nd lift I ended up pressing it out ( landing with elbows bend and extending) and the third I had ended up throwing like 10 feet behind me out of anger.

Hit all 3 lifts on the clean and jerk and were easy but were just a measurement but hit them all pretty good, this whole sport still blows my mind I really do love it.

tomv
10-27-2007, 09:46 AM
They are absolutely insane numbers considering how long you have been in the sport and how old you are mate. Good work!

Jinkies
10-27-2007, 11:19 AM
17 years old and its been 4 weeks now ( 3 weeks during the comp) I actually have some lockout pictures I think if I can get them posted but my parents took them from a good distance so I'm not sure how good the quality is.

North
10-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Good job jinkies, keep it up!

JHarris
10-27-2007, 11:49 AM
17 years old and its been 4 weeks now ( 3 weeks during the comp) I actually have some lockout pictures I think if I can get them posted but my parents took them from a good distance so I'm not sure how good the quality is.

Was this the 10/20 meet in Austin? That had some good lifters at it! What weight class are you in?

Jay

Jinkies
10-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Was this the 10/20 meet in Austin? That had some good lifters at it! What weight class are you in?

Jay

I believe it was, they had alot of lifters from houston down there. One guy even attempted a 190 kilo clean and jerk and barely missed the lockout ( went three times in a row because he was the strongest by far)

I'm superheavyweight right now but as time goes I might drop a weightclass I can't be 250 trying to outlift some 300+ pound guys