PDA

View Full Version : new pic -

vanfreak
10-28-2007, 01:17 AM
here's a pic that was taken of me on vacation...but I like the way I look in this photo, did a session with a trainer about three weeks ago and really felt like I was working in a different way... been noticing not so much gains but definition and proportion..sorry it isn't a better foto but I just can't get one I like when I'm serious..http://www.boomspeed.com/voona/oct-16-shark.jpg

McVein
10-28-2007, 05:25 AM
Do you want critique or something?
Fairplay for not being a fatass when youre 40 i suppose.

iLikeMilk
10-28-2007, 07:42 AM
it looks like ur pushin out your chest for the camera. Also u wear a muscles shirt always?

mikey4402
10-28-2007, 12:10 PM
is that a buldge in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

But seriously your looking pretty fit for a 40year old

Chickenlegs
10-28-2007, 05:35 PM
It's kind of odd when a grown man says "fabulous".

phatmonky
10-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Is that a woman's shirt?

Keith
10-29-2007, 06:22 PM
Okay?

iLikeMilk
10-29-2007, 08:10 PM
hes trolling guys pay no attention

SDS
10-29-2007, 08:34 PM
The shark seems to be struggling with the push-ups....gotta be hell on the fins

Under0dawg
10-29-2007, 08:38 PM
The shark seems to be struggling with the push-ups....gotta be hell on the fins
wide grips....... oh yea hes gonna feel it

vanfreak
10-30-2007, 01:29 PM
actually I'm training the shark.....thanks for the comments including the serious ones......

fpr
11-01-2007, 07:26 PM
You look to be in good shape, what are your goals?

vanfreak
11-02-2007, 01:10 AM
Goals are bigger arms and shoulders so that they are in proportion more to my chest and legs......again like I said I did a session with a trainer and got good results but certain areas of my body don't need work[e.g. legs,chest calves] the guy that trained me was showing me the leg routine and said 'Next is calves..naaah you don't even need it...'
but my weaker areas are shoulders and arms they are respectable but look smaller compared to the rest of me..a disparity I have often tried to fix with small results..
I workout three to four days a week , change my routine every four weeks and eat fairly well..I also walk almost everywhere and can still outlast my 25 year old nephew at the Gym...
I realise the pic is a weird angle but I noticed how all my hard work has paid off.... if i pose to take a serious shot I just don't like it..casual works for me better... I am happy with how I look at 44 years old...[I am 44 now..]
My workouts usually revolve around basic compound movements this current routine designed by the trainer is more of an isolation based workout which wil change shortly[e.g. lots of lunges,leg curls, chest presses and unilateral training].. any serious advice and thoughts are all welcomed..

fpr
11-02-2007, 05:34 PM
So to sum it up, you're planning on remaining your current size (i.e. dont' want to get too much bigger) but are just looking to increase shoulders/arms.

What's your routine? Have you tried WBB1?

Gunshow
11-04-2007, 05:29 AM
It's kind of odd when a grown man says "fabulous".

apparently thats normal these days

tomv
11-04-2007, 09:01 AM
:| The man says fabulous... Who gives a crap? Grow the feck up.

Gunshow
11-04-2007, 10:03 AM
:| The man says fabulous... Who gives a crap? Grow the feck up.

Ok so you have a different opinion then i do... thats good. I would be pretty bored if everyone had the same opinion, however i don't agree with your opinion, so you grow the feck up.

Unholy
11-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Ok so you have a different opinion then i do... thats good. I would be pretty bored if everyone had the same opinion, however i don't agree with your opinion, so you grow the feck up.

QFT :idea:

Gunshow
11-04-2007, 10:24 AM
lol did i say something wrong? Someone commented that its weird when men say fabulous, i agree with that person, why can i not say that? then i'm told to grow up for thinking thats weird? Is it juvenile to think things are strange? Then i'm told to quit ****ing talking, which was totally unnecessary.

Anyways, I never did comment on the picture.... you look like you're in good shape for your age, even for someone younger you would be in good shape. Don't focus too much on only bringing up your arms and shoulders as alot of people who are trying to bring up lagging parts tend to neglect other parts and end up looking ******ed... other than that keep doing what you're doing. The only other thing i would comment on is if your trainer has you doing all isolation then you should probably reconsider that program, nothing wrong with isolation work, as long as its being done in conjunction with heavy compound movements, which should always come first.

Gunshow
11-04-2007, 10:28 AM
the guy that trained me was showing me the leg routine and said 'Next is calves..naaah you don't even need it...'

If thats the case your trainer is ******ed. I would say my tri's are my best feature... but that doesn't mean i'm gunna look at them when i'm getting ready to do some skull crushers and say "nahhhh i don't even need it" You need to train everything, your body will balance out.

Unholy
11-04-2007, 10:32 AM
I wasn't being serious QT pie.

Gunshow
11-04-2007, 10:42 AM
oh ok, sorry for getting defensive then dear sir.