PDA

View Full Version : does smoking marijuana have any effects?

xstalkrx
10-28-2007, 10:45 PM
does smoking marijuana have any effects...positive or negative...with regards to weight training and putting on muscle and just staying fit?

RhodeHouse
10-28-2007, 10:47 PM
No. It stops pain, makes you hungry then makes you sleepy. Perfect for gaining weight.

WORLD
10-28-2007, 10:47 PM
search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search.

xstalkrx
10-28-2007, 11:42 PM
it doesnt decrease test?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-29-2007, 02:23 AM

nhlfan
10-29-2007, 03:17 AM
it doesnt decrease test?

that's just something that highschool football coaches tell their players.

alcohol can reduce test slightly if enough of it is consumed.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
10-29-2007, 04:30 AM
alcohol can reduce test slightly if enough of it is consumed.He's not talking about alcohol...

brihead301
10-29-2007, 07:04 AM
Weed has only helped me with lifting. It has never done me wrong in anyway whatsoever. It makes me want to eat when I'm not hungry. It makes me sleep when I'm restless. It relaxes that S*** out of me after I just get done bustin my ass in the gym. It tastes good. It gets me stoned. It smells good. Um....I can't think of anything else, but there ya go.

drew
10-29-2007, 07:08 AM
No. It stops pain, makes you hungry then makes you sleepy. Perfect for gaining weight.

Do you really need to know anything else?

sharkall2003
10-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Smoking marijuana will have very few effects on your training if you a) use it after a workout b) don't smoke habitually and c) learn to control your hunger/munchies while smoking the substance. The whole "it can lower your testosterone" is hilarious. If an individual in that study had their testosterone drop .001% you can guarantee it was proven that marijuana was the reason. The only effects you might have are short-term impairment on activities and critical thinking. I wouldn't operate any machinery or equipment. And, this is another one, it's illegal so you might be looking at some harsh consequences, though I think the consequences are completely ridiculous. Don't let it be known to many people if you do smoke and enjoy it. I'd also venture to say that smoking marijuana is going to have adverse affects on your cardiovascular system. It does cause slight damage to the trachea and the lungs. So, make sure you're smoking out of a vaporizer or a bong with ice water. Purchase the best marijuana you can, because it will literally be the best physically for you.

Good luck, and have fun.

HahnB
10-29-2007, 08:28 AM
We need to require new members to use the search funtion before their first post.

Giovanna360
10-29-2007, 09:11 AM
weed is bull****. not worth it imo. i smoked it every day for a while and always before i went to sleep but realized how much it was *****ing my ***** up. alot of the information against it is bs by the gvt and i was the first person to say it but i can say that i have never felt better after stopping. also IMO its addictive. i was told by a "professional" that it is also physically addictive and the user would actually experience withdrawal symptoms if it didn't take so long to leave your system.

as far as lifting goes, personally the hunger aspect was actually negative for me, as i often abandoned my good diet and decided i would "dirty bulk" every time i was high. i also went to the gym less and made more excuses (because i would never lift high and had to often choose between lifting and smoking)

our hobby is generally very healthy. why smoke? my fav drug right now is free.

WORLD
10-29-2007, 10:30 AM
search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search search.

:withstupi:

DarrenEff
10-29-2007, 12:04 PM
We need to require new members to use the search funtion before their first post.

As you sign up, it should make you do a few practice searches.

Cards
10-29-2007, 12:24 PM
weed is bull****. not worth it imo. i smoked it every day for a while and always before i went to sleep but realized how much it was *****ing my ***** up. alot of the information against it is bs by the gvt and i was the first person to say it but i can say that i have never felt better after stopping. also IMO its addictive. i was told by a "professional" that it is also physically addictive and the user would actually experience withdrawal symptoms if it didn't take so long to leave your system.

as far as lifting goes, personally the hunger aspect was actually negative for me, as i often abandoned my good diet and decided i would "dirty bulk" every time i was high. i also went to the gym less and made more excuses (because i would never lift high and had to often choose between lifting and smoking)

our hobby is generally very healthy. why smoke? my fav drug right now is free.

What may be true for you is not true of everyone else....that being said,

I <3 the search function as well...

getb1g
10-29-2007, 12:41 PM
i love smoking a nice blunt after a intense workout..
but, i try to avoid smoking before because it makes me lazy as hell
does anyone else think protein shakes (ON 100%) chocolate tastes even better while stonedddd?

Paul Stagg
10-29-2007, 12:43 PM
It apparently makes you post questions in the wrong forum.