PDA

View Full Version : Deadlift PR

live2lift
10-30-2007, 12:12 AM
425lbs raw @192 bw

If anyone has any suggestions on the continuing of getting my form right i'd appreciate. I've been deadlifting for about 6-7 months now so I'm still a work in progress. I do believe its gotten better since my last pr but I'm sure it still needs some work. I'm starting with my hips lower but it still seems to turn into a SLDL pretty quick off the ground. I'm not having any trouble with it so maybe its not that big of a deal.?.?

New pr 425 on 10-29-07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLwoTuyGefI

pr of 415 on 7-10-07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLjY1vTGPCQ

deeder
10-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Don't yank the bar at the beginning of the lift, I think that's a big reason your hips are coming up so fast. Also, pick a point high up on the wall in front of you and stare at it the whole time. This will keep your head up and hopefully help you keep your hips down a bit. Be sure to lock your knees at the top of the lift. You let your knees drift forward as you lock it out at the top...

jtteg_x
10-30-2007, 01:34 AM
some people just naturally pull turtle back style. i am not sure if this is the case for you.

trying sitting lower, chest out, lowerback tight, and pull back. imagine bar is sitting at 6 o'clock and u want to pull it to 2 o'clock (or 10 if your thinking the opposing direction).
their is also a article floating around t-nation titled "top 10 deadlifting mistakes"

ps: im a sumo puller

Scooter
10-30-2007, 10:27 AM
I agree about the hips. Keep them down and drive your feet through the floor. That's an impressive weight for a SLDL!

ZenMonkey
10-30-2007, 10:31 AM
i wouldn't call it an SLDL, and not quite a strict DL.

deeder
10-30-2007, 11:45 AM
I just watched your video again and another thing I noticed is that you start with the bar far away from your body. Get it right against your shins to start and pull it up your legs the whole time.

live2lift
10-30-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the tips and advice guys. I'll incorporate the ideas you guys have suggested and keep working on it.

lakeripple
10-31-2007, 01:02 PM
I just watched your video again and another thing I noticed is that you start with the bar far away from your body. Get it right against your shins to start and pull it up your legs the whole time.

Careful if you decide to bring it up on your legs, I've scraped up both my knees and my shins pretty bad with nowhere near that amount of weight.

deeder
10-31-2007, 01:57 PM
Careful if you decide to bring it up on your legs, I've scraped up both my knees and my shins pretty bad with nowhere near that amount of weight.

I have scars and constantly have scabs from deadlifting and that's pulling with knee high socks on. It's a part of deadlifting that you can't escape.

Chubrock
10-31-2007, 02:05 PM

Indication of a good pull...

ZenMonkey
10-31-2007, 02:46 PM

we wouldn't want to lift heavy weight now would we?

lakeripple
10-31-2007, 03:12 PM
we wouldn't want to lift heavy weight now would we?

More like I lift as heavy as I can and then some, I'm just letting the OP know what he's gonna be looking at when he pulls that close, and that it's normal for good form. I sure as **** wish that someone would have told me that I'm gonna be scraping up my legs when I first started deads, I had to learn that lesson the hard way, why should others go through the same thing.

Why would you have to be dick and make an idiot comment like that when I'm just trying to help someone?

Canadian Crippler
10-31-2007, 04:59 PM
If you learned better form (your form does not look dangerous, just not optimal) I bet you could pull mid-high 400s within a couple weeks.