PDA

View Full Version : Grilled chicken

growthrep
10-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Last night I had some awesome grilled chicken. Really easy to do this. Brine the breast all day so that it is moist and tender. Then pat dry and use a dry rub to coat (I like salt, pepper, cumin, thyme, and paprika). I let it sit for an hour or so then grll it off.

I served it with a spread of mashed avacado/garlic/salt/pepper paste over the top. Really good.

Also roasted in a pan some bell peppers, carrots, onions, tomatoes, and asparagus with nutmeg, salt, pepper, and whole garlic cloves. Quite aromatic while roasting. The whole house will smell great.

anelka
11-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Even better, roast it instead. It doesn't go as dry as when you grill it.

BBB
11-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Sorry, but I'll have to disagree - everything tastes better off the grill.

anelka
11-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Grilling chicken just makes it rubbery on the outside and dry inside. Roasting keeps it moist.

growthrep
11-14-2007, 06:47 PM
Grilling chicken just makes it rubbery on the outside and dry inside. Roasting keeps it moist.

Then you're not grilling it right, my friend. Always brine and use the back of the grill.

Brad263
11-15-2007, 12:06 PM
I agree, I have grilled some marinated chicken before and as long as you keep pouring marinate over the top while grilling it stays moist. and it get a nice carmalized outer layer from the cooked on marinate. Makes it taste amazing. Just keep the heat really low so they don't dry up.

VikingWarlord
11-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Want an interesting little twist, put some lemon juice in your brining liquid.

Another twist, brush with extra virgin olive oil and use your spice rub with Mediterranean Basil instead of Thyme and you'll get a very Italian flavor.