PDA

View Full Version : what the hell, gut.

dscarth
10-31-2007, 11:45 PM
okay so I've been on a nearly 6 month cut. i wanted to go from 228 to 174, figuring that would have demolished most of my fat (goal is -54lbs, and from "obese" to "normal" BMI).

My gut has gone down a few inches I think, but not where i want it. Unless the next 10 pounds are all bellyfat (possible, there isnt much left anywhere else), I dont know what to do.

I am not a bodybuilder nor do I have the physique of one, I started out as just a fatty. I wanted to drop all this fat, and once I get lean, slowly bulk and gain muscle.

So the question is ... how low should I go?

added: I'd prefer not to take any pics, cause nobody wants to see my gut I'm sure. Waist is 39", hips 37". I might have done it wrong, but I used a MyoTape, so its at least half ass right.

brihead301
11-01-2007, 06:55 AM
It may just be that you have a bunch of loose skin from losing all that weight. Don't rush it, just stick with the lifting and eating right, and slowly but surely you will be where you want to be.

dscarth
11-01-2007, 09:23 AM
It may just be that you have a bunch of loose skin from losing all that weight. Don't rush it, just stick with the lifting and eating right, and slowly but surely you will be where you want to be.

Nah it doesnt look like loose skin. more like a beer belly. Good idea though, i didnt consider it.

I'll just keep setting up goal numbers until i get to where i want. :)

arnoldsclone
11-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Nah it doesnt look like loose skin. more like a beer belly. Good idea though, i didnt consider it.

I'll just keep setting up goal numbers until i get to where i want. :)

it's tough to go from the weight you were at at your heaviest to no gut at all. i whent from 298 lbs to 207 thinking it'd erase my gut, guess what, never happened. I have alot of beef on my frame too, i probably have to get down to 180 lbs to actually be gut free, if you aren't really well built you probably need to get down to 150-160 lbs to be very lean and lose the gut allotgether.,

Con
11-01-2007, 04:21 PM
it's tough to go from the weight you were at at your heaviest to no gut at all. i whent from 298 lbs to 207 thinking it'd erase my gut, guess what, never happened. I have alot of beef on my frame too, i probably have to get down to 180 lbs to actually be gut free, if you aren't really well built you probably need to get down to 150-160 lbs to be very lean and lose the gut allotgether.,

I agree. I went from 267 to to 167, and then back up to a fat 200. Now Im right around 167 again. Both times, I was left feeling unaccomplshed WRT my physique. More muscle and less fat is the key tho. How you do it is simply up to you.

Also, Dieting for 6 months isnt the best. Breaks every 3~ months is a reccomendation Ive seen tossed around.