PDA

View Full Version : Bulking and feeling sluggish

ArmandSV
11-01-2007, 09:41 AM
I'm about a month into my bulk and its 830am and I'm feeling sluggish, infact I have noticed that I have just been low on energy period.

sleep usually is 7-8 hours a night, and I have been working hard in the gym

food - generally pretty good, but not nearly as healthy as when I was cutting

my question has anyone noticed lowered energy levels while bulking?
and what should I do to improve my energy? (im typing this while i'm falling asleep into my coffee and its only 830, what gives?)

Con
11-01-2007, 11:09 AM
I have low energy most of the time.

Rarely do I get addrenneline pumping in the gym or w/e. I was thinking it might be due to the lack of conditioning work I do. Ive read some ancedotal stuff about how people seem to function, sleep, and perform better when their cardiovascular health is in line. In theory it makes sense, since balance is usually sought out by the body.

arnoldsclone
11-01-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm about a month into my bulk and its 830am and I'm feeling sluggish, infact I have noticed that I have just been low on energy period.

and what should I do to improve my energy? (im typing this while i'm falling asleep into my coffee and its only 830, what gives?)

i usually have more energy on a bulk, and feel ike I'm dying on a cut. You probably are eating foods that are making you feel sluggish, like simple carbs, sugars, white breads, you know twinkies etc. try to eat clean but in large quantity! you could also be overtraining, try taking 2 days off.

Con
11-01-2007, 04:23 PM
i usually have more energy on a bulk, and feel ike I'm dying on a cut. You probably are eating foods that are making you feel sluggish, like simple carbs, sugars, white breads, you know twinkies etc. try to eat clean but in large quantity! you could also be overtraining, try taking 2 days off.

Except some people thrive on higher carb diets. Sure its possible, but thinking its his diet, and even worse talking about "clean" and "unclean" foods, is not a safe assumption IMO.

Killa Kurt
11-01-2007, 05:19 PM
When I'm bulking (year round) I feel great with the surplus of calories.

WORLD
11-01-2007, 05:34 PM
You should list the food you eat in a typical day. It well help us give you some suggestions.

UCSBBodybuild
11-01-2007, 11:52 PM

I think it depends on your diet. Be careful of some of these weight gainer shakes...many of them are loaded with sugar and can make you feel lethargic.

BTW, I'm also a grad student from Santa Barbara. Do you go to UCSB? I'm a grad there. What's your diet and training regimen? Do you workout at the UCSB Rec Cen?

bjohnso
11-04-2007, 11:27 AM
I've felt sluggish taking in that many calories. In retrospect it was probably because I was taking in >1000 calories more than maintenance. Next time I will have to budget myself more carefully.