PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Diet by a new guy.

Jess21
11-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Hey there, I just created a bulking diet by various research on the internet. I am 6'1' and weigh 216 lbs. You have probably answered this question a million times, but I just wanted to see if I am heading in the right direction with this diet I put together. Is there anything I am missing, or do I need to drop anything? I would greatly appreciate the information.

6 am- Two fish oil pills
50g of protein from chicken breast in water (can)
4 slices of wheat bread
1 can of green beans

9 am- 40 g whey protein shake
4 slices of wheat bread

12pm- Same as 6 am

3 pm- Same as 9 am

6pm- Usually about to work out, same as 6 am as well as one scoop of weight gainer

Post workout- 2 scoops of weight gainer and one scoop of protein

9pm- Large glass of milk with added scoop of protein

That is pretty much what I do on a daily basis. Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

Con
11-01-2007, 07:22 PM
What are your goals?
Are you gaining weight?

At first glance, it looks low-fat. Some different veggies might be a good idea. 2 cans of green beans should cover basic veggie requirements.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-01-2007, 08:47 PM
You need more variety in your diet.

Jess21
11-01-2007, 09:18 PM
I am trying to gain muscle. I wasn't sure how much fat I would need to incorporate into the diet, I added the fish oil pills to cover some of that. I don't mind eating the same stuff over and over, it's cheap ;)

Stumprrp
11-01-2007, 09:26 PM
this is how i eat

my last meal, dinner, about an hour ago, was a protein shake in milk, ceaser salad, 8 oz steak, grilled shrimp, broccoli, and a piece of cheesecake.

just kidding, dont eat like that...

try to add variety and keep it plentyfull

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-01-2007, 09:41 PM
I don't mind eating the same stuff over and over, it's cheap ;)You should mind, because that's a ****ty diet. You need variety. Gaining muscle isn't the only piece of the puzzle. The rest of your body counts too.

Jess21
11-02-2007, 06:11 AM
You should mind, because that's a ****ty diet. You need variety. Gaining muscle isn't the only piece of the puzzle. The rest of your body counts too.

Ok, well how is it such a bad diet? Do I need to add some other kind of food? And when you say variety, do you mean a different source for the protein, carbs, etc? Maybe such as eggs, brown rice. Maybe add some peanut butter, and different types of vegetables? I am trying to get most of my carbs from complex sources to limit a bit of the fat gain, but I don't mind gaining fat, as long as I am putting on some lean muscle.

Stumprrp
11-02-2007, 08:45 AM
fat is good too, you will be warm and it will help your squats.