PDA

View Full Version : ok to work out early morning BEFORE breakfast?

beaverfootball
11-04-2007, 08:43 PM
well being in college and all i have figured out that the only way to consistantly work out and not miss any too often is to work out early morning. before the cafeteria is even open. All i got in the room is i guess i would probably drink a cup or two of the v8 fusion to take my multi's with.... thats not too horrible is it? i eat breakfast immediately after.

fpr
11-04-2007, 08:46 PM
If your goal is to drop weight then yes, I would do it before breakfast. I read in a book that you burn calories faster on an empty stomach -- or soemthing along those lines.

beaverfootball
11-04-2007, 08:55 PM
ok..and yeah thats my goal for now. thanks man

KingWilder
11-04-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm not really sure it matters one way or the other assuming you're meeting your total caloric goal for the whole day

don't expect more fat loss just because you're working out on an empty stomach...the only real problem I see occurring is that because you haven't eaten your intensity is compromised due to lack of energy

deeder
11-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Can't you grab something from the cafeteria the night before that you could eat in the morning before your workout? I did morning workouts without breakfast for a while and they were hell... I felt tired and sluggish and my gains pretty much came to a halt.

beaverfootball
11-04-2007, 10:06 PM
maybe i am just used to them..becuase this is how i used to do it in high school..i would just eat the school breakfast after working out before school and i still got gains...

this v8 has quite a few carbs...